GR Apps?

I was asked recently to learn to make iPhone apps for a business. I've never actually made an app before, but if you make a good one, you can make quite the load of money (which is what interested me to make apps to begin with; although the GR app I'm planning on creating will be free). Anyway, after I learn and experiment with app-making for a bit, I think it would be cool to make a GR app, with your (dUKE) permission. I was thinking a sort of deal to make it easy to use and fast-loading, with links to reviews, forums, blogs/voxpop, etc. All the stuff that is accessed on a regular basis. And a search bar.

Another project idea would be to bring Chat to app form; but that would be a little more difficult because I believe you guys no longer host the chat from GR?

If anyone has any ideas, please, put them out there. I think this would be pretty fun to do.

What and help you to make "quite the load of money" with nothing in return for me? Dream on, Ian, you're on your own.

Oh, no, the GR apps would be free.. I was asking for stuff I should add to the GR apps to make them better for all of you guys using it.

...of course they WILL be...until you get your legal team to lock the rest of us out of any potential income...you sneaky, coniving...

In all seriousness, I can't think of anything besides quick links to chat, forum, reviews.

Chat, forum, reviews, and previews. And make it red and black. No bullshit white and red.

EDIT: Also have a link to the Community page so we can see which forum topics are actually active at the moment

iphone-white-x-3copy.jpg

I'm thinking this would be cool for the home page kinda thing. Note I did this in maybe 15 minutes on Photoshop, so there's plenty to buff up and improve on. I really do have space to add more things in/take things out, and I want the four main icons (app-looking things; Home, Forums, Reviews, Cheats) to all be customizable to link to anything within the app's settings, along with the two main sections can be links to anything on the site, whether it's the Voxpop, the Live Chat (which I'd like to implement in here too), or Mattay's most recent post in PYP (i know most of you'll be choosing this one :) )

Anyway, thoughts? Anything I should add, remove, or change?

EDIT: I have no idea why three of the four top icons have white backgrounds, blame Photobucket.

Haha, it's been put on hold for a while until I can get some preliminary designs and learn the code that Apple uses for their apps. But if I do get it done, I'd love me some beta testers :)

I'm actually taking a digital design class next semester (tomorrow) so I can start some designs then. I'll post pictures within the next few weeks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle