I got a new TV!

GRColin

Rookie
...And it's been on backorder for a month :*(.

1500 bucks spent on something I've been waiting a month for. SCREW YOU VIDEO ONLY!

Oh well. I'll be returning my wall mount I bought from them. HA! TAKE THAT! MONEY BACK IN MY POCKET!

:(

#Firstworldissues

I hate shopping for TVs/monitors. You just know there's going to be a better deal right after you buy one, and once you make a purchase, you regret it. But sometimes, you convince yourself it works just fine, and move on.

What kind of TV was this? 4k? 240Hz?

4K TV for 1500, uwotm8? Point me to this 75% off deal at once

Nothing like unboxing a new TV.. feelsgoodman.

Definitely depressing looking at TV prices now from when I bought mine 3 years ago though. But I still absolutely love my TV and have no desire to upgrade. Still haven't really seen much that looks better.

edit: actually i take that back prices actually havent changed a ton, surprisingly.

Haha nah. I won't be making the jump to 4k until I see one in person and can confirm it would be worth it...And when they're affordable and there's content. So I'd say three years

I ended up getting a 60 inch Panasonic ST60. I have a 42 inch led right now and while it's not bad with an ips panel it'ssmall and ddoesn't have very good blacks.

Man, I have a 43" right now, and the only time it really feels small is when I'm trying to splitscreen with my sister on MW3.

Cheap tvs are cheap for a reason

Theyre only made for poor ghetto people to buy so they can tell everyone they have a 4k tv.

Even though its picture is worse than a 6 years old 720p 60hz lcd

Also absolutely zero point in gettin a 4k 50". You know this madster. Dont be silly.

I've had my TV for nearly two years now and it's served me well. I bought a 40" full HD LCD Sony Bravia smart TV and I really like it.

Went to my friend's house the other week and saw her 55" Samsung LED HD smart TV.

Was tempted to commit burglary. No one would notice right?

Master_Craig said:
I've had my TV for nearly two years now and it's served me well. I bought a 40" full HD LCD Sony Bravia smart TV and I really like it.

Went to my friend's house the other week and saw her 55" Samsung LED HD smart TV.

Was tempted to commit burglary. No one would notice right?

yea thats what i have, except the smart part. i like my TVs stupid

durr double post fail

intoTheRain said:
UghRochester said:
intoTheRain said:
Even though its picture is worse than a 6 years old 720p 60hz lcd
That's my TV. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sanyo-32-Clas ... V/20659573 It works for me

lol

not hating on the quality ugh i'm sure your TV is fantastic, its just the ones that have $6,000 specs with a $1,500 price tag. You're going to get what you'd get if you bought a $1,500 TV with appropriate specs, if not worse.
Yeah, well mine was $278 at the time.

I look forward to upgrading to 4k in a year or two.

Going to need a couple more video cards to be able to push games at that resolution.
Nice thing is as we get to higher and higher resolutions we need less tradional anti aliasing techniques and use efficient FXAA.

Congrats on getting your new TV.

Last year we got a nice deal on a 70" sharp aquos and that is what we will be sticking with for a while.

I'm not totally sold on the next format yet. Just like when they tried to push 3D tvs on everyone. It'll depend on how much support it gets I guess but even then I see myself being a late adopter, if at all.

intoTheRain said:
Also absolutely zero point in gettin a 4k 50". You know this madster. Dont be silly.
HDMI can only push 30FPS at these resolutions. Overclocked GTX670 means 4K gaming for around $1500, which means you have a foot long e-peen for cheap.

Besides, seems to me like the reviewer didn't specifically say it was a bad TV. He just said it was average, and i'm sure if you spent enough time tweaking things it would be well enough, with the benefit of a huge resolution.

Even in 3 years, with HDMI 2.0, $1500 TVs are going to look the same. Good quality ones will run you $2k. So still seems like a good enough deal.

'Course, if i had $1500 i wouldn't do it anyway. There's some quite sexy, very thin bezel LG monitors i've been eying off. Make up a mount for 4 of them and that's 46", 3840x2160 @ 60hz for $800aud. Just deal with some small black lines, and figure something out with a capture card or something to get the 360/PS3 to run through the PC.

Yeah....I didn't get this tv for pc gaming. So I don't care about a mediocre tv for high resolution pc gaming. I got this for movies and seeing as how the st60 is Tue best bang for your buck right now I'll take that over a 4k tv that has no extras and won't net me any difference in pq at the distance I'll be sitting.

Spending >$300 on a decent TV that also doubles as a Computer monitor is stupid. period.

Invest in HD Projector brah

Lethean said:
Yeah....I didn't get this tv for pc gaming. So I don't care about a mediocre tv for high resolution pc gaming. I got this for movies and seeing as how the st60 is Tue best bang for your buck right now I'll take that over a 4k tv that has no extras and won't net me any difference in pq at the distance I'll be sitting.

you made the right choice sir

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133