Ready to puchase my new TV... but..

Lethean said:
I personally don't care for most 120hz t.vs that I've seen. The image is way too clear and sharp. It feels like I'm watching a digital video. Film's aren't meant to look that clear. Most are shot at 24fps and here's television sets forcing 120 out of them. Maybe I'll get used to it the more I see it, maybe not.

Either way that's a good quality T.V you're picking up!

Special effects on 120hz TVs stick out like a sore thumb too, making them look horribly fake. It's like everything is so clear that you can't seamlessly place something computer generated into the movie and make it blend with the real life shots.

I used to get a headache from watching blu ray movies on my TV, took me quite some time to get over the difference.

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
Nice. Well then maybe it's worth the investment when we get a new t.v. Thanks for that info!

i'm sure when you get a new tv it'll all be about 3D TV's. be a totally different story

advancing technology is so great, yet so flocking annoying at the same time..

i'd wait for 3D, even though it doesn't interest me in the least TBH, but i know if i wait for 3D, 4D will be just around the corner and I'd have to wait for that.

Yeah, one of the 3D-Ready T.Vs is what we have in mind. Well, the new Sony T.Vs coming with the RealD partnership seem somewhat interesting.

Even still, nothing wrong with having a 3D ready T.V. It isn't like it's only good for 3D viewing. It will still have great picture quality.

If I find a better looking T.V that isn't completely optimized for 3D I'll be fine with getting that. I just want the T.V with the best quality per price point. Hell, the Kuro is still a great t.v.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle