Show's you've had to watch (but wish you hadn't)

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Have you ever been forced to watch a TV show by a love one with control over the television and no desire to compromise?

I personally have had to watch through almost all of Keeping Up With the Kardashians. It's pretty fucking awful.

Suits, although I eventually got into it.

When I was at a friend's once I had to watch Jersey Shore. That was the one and only time I saw an episode.

My mom has been watching Coronation Street since before I was born. So growing up I had to endure British soap opera crap.

I try to not be judgmental of other peoples' tv viewing in person. I have a friend with a bad habit of doing that, and there's nothing worse than someone shitting on your tv choices. Girls, uh, really don't like that. I think people who watch drivel like Keeping with the Kardashians know it's bad tv. They just want to unwind and watch the most brainless thing with just enough drama to keep their interest but not require actual commitment. So laugh along with them, but not at them.

That said, I would be exquisite ly happy to never have to watch another episode of Sex in the City.

Girls really don't like a lot of things. But yeah, they definitely do understand that what they're watching is bad. That doesn't mean they are going to stop watching it anytime soon.

Which means neither will I.

Stargate Atlantis. Smallville. The Walking Dead (I read the comics, the show is meh in comparison). CSI (All versions of it), pretty much every other show that copies CSI without being CSI. Three and a Half Men, Anger Management.

There's more, but that's all I'm going to bother to list.

I don't know about the Kardashians, but Keeping up Appearances is quite good! And soap operas, ugh.. I never did find out if Victor took the gloves off. More recently, I had to endure "Prison Break" and "24" and of course, "American Idol." That's some deep hurting!

My mom watches a lot of stuff on CBS whenever I go spend a night up there on Mondays. 2 Broke Girls, Moms, and other terrible comedies.

I find that she watches a show, and I laugh at it when she describes it to me. Then 20 minutes in I'm a kid glued to the TV screen.
I'm into cooking shows at the moment, trying to upgrade my chef expertise outside the range of spaghetti bolognese and pizza takeaways.

MattAY said:
I'm into cooking shows at the moment, trying to upgrade my chef expertise outside the range of spaghetti bolognese and pizza takeaways.
I invested in a slow cooker. Trying to eliminated Papa Johns and frozen dinners by making bunch of stews. They're delicious!

I've had to sit through some shitty scripted drama shows on MTV that somewhere along the way decided to become a network for 16 yr old girls.

The worst two I had to sit through were on adult swim. The Heart She Holler and The Eric Andre Show. Those two shows were so bad, so offensively stupid, that it actually made me angry. Like I was mad that those shows even made it on the air to begin with. Someone, somewhere thought they were funny enough and it was a good enough idea and they are complete assholes for it.

An ex of mine loved friends, it wasnt enough to watch A episode a night, she had the box set, eventually the thought of rachel giving me a hummer just isn't enough to keep me watching

another ex of mine was fanatical about american idol, we split up over her getting upset that I refused to text in my vote for her favourite

Dont you dare diss Friends - greatest show on earth.

Yeah Howie, stews are lush - mostly because there's always enough for a few meals the next day too!

C_nate said:
I've had to sit through some shitty scripted drama shows on MTV that somewhere along the way decided to become a network for 16 yr old girls.

The worst two I had to sit through were on adult swim. The Heart She Holler and The Eric Andre Show. Those two shows were so bad, so offensively stupid, that it actually made me angry. Like I was mad that those shows even made it on the air to begin with. Someone, somewhere thought they were funny enough and it was a good enough idea and they are complete assholes for it.

I can't stand 90% of the stuff on Adult Swim. With ya there.

used44 said:
C_nate said:

I can't stand 90% of the stuff on Adult Swim. With ya there.

Likewise, hate pretty much everything on Adult Swim except Robot Chicken.

But but... metallocalypse... And venture bros! And... hmm... huh... i guess there's nothing else right now. Boondocks?

I used to love Adult Swim, up until it became populated with terrible live action shows.

Yeah, all there really is is Venture Bros and Robot Chicken. And even then, I burned myself out of Robot Chicken.

Never Venture Bros, though. Still the greatest show on Earth.

Icepick said:
An ex of mine loved friends, it wasnt enough to watch A episode a night, she had the box set, eventually the thought of rachel giving me a hummer just isn't enough to keep me watching

another ex of mine was fanatical about american idol, we split up over her getting upset that I refused to text in my vote for her favourite

Friends is one of the most overrated piece of shit shows ever. That and The Big Bang Theory. And Two and a Half Men.

I would just do something else, aanything else than stick around the tv if something I don't enjoy comes. Especially something like keeping up with the kardashians.

But I remember being stuck somewhere and only thing was coming from tv was a marathon of a really bland british police show aimed at old people. Time was standing still.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle