Show's you've had to watch (but wish you hadn't)

rose-gives-finger.gif

It makes me laughter that the majority of theAS stuff named is from 5 years ago.

Revenge. I just don't get why I have to watch this.

Lethean said:
Icepick said:
An ex of mine loved friends, it wasnt enough to watch A episode a night, she had the box set, eventually the thought of rachel giving me a hummer just isn't enough to keep me watching

another ex of mine was fanatical about american idol, we split up over her getting upset that I refused to text in my vote for her favourite

Friends is one of the most overrated piece of shit shows ever. That and The Big Bang Theory. And Two and a Half Men.

Agree with Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Even pre Kutcher, the writing/humor on that show was brutal.

Friends though.. is just an enjoyable show. It's just cool to hate. I don't even watch it anymore, but I don't see why it gets all the hate. There are some really good episodes. The writing wasn't great, but the cast was just perfect. They all fit so well together.

As for me, I don't watch any TV the GF likes that I don't. And she doesn't either. We have our mutual shows and we watch those together.

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
Icepick said:
An ex of mine loved friends, it wasnt enough to watch A episode a night, she had the box set, eventually the thought of rachel giving me a hummer just isn't enough to keep me watching

another ex of mine was fanatical about american idol, we split up over her getting upset that I refused to text in my vote for her favourite

Friends is one of the most overrated piece of shit shows ever. That and The Big Bang Theory. And Two and a Half Men.

Agree with Big Bang Theory and Two and a Half Men. Even pre Kutcher, the writing/humor on that show was brutal.

Friends though.. is just an enjoyable show. It's just cool to hate. I don't even watch it anymore, but I don't see why it gets all the hate. There are some really good episodes. The writing wasn't great, but the cast was just perfect. They all fit so well together.

As for me, I don't watch any TV the GF likes that I don't. And she doesn't either. We have our mutual shows and we watch those together.

Casting wise, you couldn't ask for a better main cast on the show, I wont argue that point, secondary characters and one offs were always done horribly on that show however, and as you said, the writing was shit. Ontop of that it was horribly predictable, forced and contrived all while being cliche. And their reliance on "in jokes" became way too annoying

intoTheRain said:

It's funny. Your usual response to someone disliking something is it's because it's cool to hate. There must be a lot of things cool to hate out there. I didn't know that's why people disliked things so often.

Glad you agree with me on the other two shows. I'm just not into 30 minute sitcoms with laugh tracks. (The exception being "How I Met YourMother") How "2 Broke Girls" is still on the air is beyond me. Tried to watch that once. The jokes were abysmal.

My wife and I watch "Mom" occasionally. It's not terrible. I can't think of any other multicam sitcoms we watch.

Lethean said:
intoTheRain said:

It's funny. Your usual response to someone disliking something is it's because it's cool to hate. There must be a lot of things cool to hate out there. I didn't know that's why people disliked things so often.

Glad you agree with me on the other two shows. I'm just not into 30 minute sitcoms with laugh tracks. (The exception being "How I Met YourMother") How "2 Broke Girls" is still on the air is beyond me. Tried to watch that once. The jokes were abysmal.

Edit: Cool man.

Out of curiosity what else have I said is cool to hate?

And 2 Broke Girls is the most embarrassingly bad TV show in history. Definitely agree there. It says a lot about our society that it's still on TV.

Friends is just a harmless feel good show. Thats why people like it. There is nothing great about it really, except like I said, the chemistry of the cast is excellent.

2 Broke Girls is filth.

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
intoTheRain said:

And 2 Broke Girls is the most embarrassingly bad TV show in history. Definitely agree there. It says a lot about our society that it's still on TV.

Friends is just a harmless feel good show. Thats why people like it. There is nothing great about it really, except like I said, the chemistry of the cast is excellent.

2 Broke Girls is filth.

but by that logic, community should have been the most well received show ever, clever writing and fantastic cast chemistry

^ I love Community. Although I've yet to see Season 4 and I've heard bad things.

I don't really mind the show Friends. I watch it from time to time... when I'm having dinner and nothing else is on.

I really hate Two Broke Girls. That is a terrible show. Two and a Half Men is also one of the worst, most overrated TV shows I've ever seen. When I first saw The Big Bang Theory I thought it was pretty good, but now I dislike the show.

As for Dexter (since Sourdeez bought it up), I used to love that show but I lost interest after Season 4. I've heard bad things about the later show and I heard the finale was terrible.

Master_Craig said:
^ I love Community. Although I've yet to see Season 4 and I've heard bad things.

I don't really mind the show Friends. I watch it from time to time... when I'm having dinner and nothing else is on.

I really hate Two Broke Girls. That is a terrible show. Two and a Half Men is also one of the worst, most overrated TV shows I've ever seen. When I first saw The Big Bang Theory I thought it was pretty good, but now I dislike the show.

As for Dexter (since Sourdeez bought it up), I used to love that show but I lost interest after Season 4. I've heard bad things about the later show and I heard the finale was terrible.

I think Dexter is one of the best shows ever. If it was only seasons 1-4 + 7.

5 Was just ok. 6 was horrible. 8 was OK at first, but then went full retard. Classic example of ruining a show by dragging it out too long. If they made season 5 the last season, and it went sort of like season 7, it would have been great.

Unfortunately the bad seasons really ruined it for me, a once die hard fan. And now I find it rather forgettable. Really sucks.

And I'll admit, I used to not mind Big Bang Theory, but all the hate that show receives online has made me despise it.

Icepick said:
intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
intoTheRain said:

2 Broke Girls is filth.

but by that logic, community should have been the most well received show ever, clever writing and fantastic cast chemistry

I'm really just saying that's why I don't understand the hate for it. There is nothing really to hate about it, I don't think.

Two Broke Girls and Two and a Half Men are just grade school one liner after grade school one liner. Can understand hate for those two, and others like it.

Anyway, getting the F out of this argument that is purely based on opinion.

If you like it, watch it!

If you don't, don't. But stfu. Now off I go. Gonna try and take my own advise.

intoTheRain said:

Really curious what your original, unedited response was.

And I don't know I'd have to search for it. I just know there have been a few instances of it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle