Anybody else think Joss Whedon is WAY OVERRATED?

Which Joss Whedon show do you think is WAY OVERRATED?

• Firefly

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Angel

• Dollhouse

• Total voters
If no one's seen Firefly, there's no excuse. There's only like 14 episodes plus a movie, all in Netflix. Seriously, after Arrested Development, that should be our next show.

what you said

SolidSevchinko78 said:
What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “cleverâ€

I'm really bad with names. I thought Joss Whedon was the voice actor of Wheatley from Portal 2.

Haven't really watched any of his shows and I'm not a big fan of comic book movies either.

^^^
Never to late to start. In addition to Firefly, Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse are all in Netflix. Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog is also quite worth viewing as well.

Paradox said:
^^^
Never to late to start. In addition to Firefly, Buffy, Angel and Dollhouse are all in Netflix. Dr Horrible's Singalong Blog is also quite worth viewing as well.

I just started watching Buffy, after a decade of hearing everyone talk about it, then hearing about people reminisce about it, and then hearing people academically criticize/analyze it. I've watched three seasons so far, and I don't know if I would have liked it at the time, but I do now. Or at least I can appreciate it as a show, and choose watch more in my spare time.

Anyway, hey dude -- would you care to actually explain why you think these shows are overrated, instead of telling us what a jerk you think the guy who created the shows is? It's kind of boring with such a thin statement, followed by "yeah!" or "no way!".

Sightless said:
Anyway, hey dude -- would you care to actually explain why you think these shows are overrated, instead of telling us what a jerk you think the guy who created the shows is? It's kind of boring with such a thin statement, followed by "yeah!" or "no way!".
You gotta give us a crazy rant or a crudely photoshopped image of him.

Upon realizing that #whedonsucks has never, ever been tweeted, I made a twitter account for the purpose of tweeting it a lot.

That is all.

I loved Firefly, it's a shame it only had one season.

I didn't mind Buffy. For me though, some seasons were pretty good but some seasons I felt were just completely stupid (e.g. the nerds as villains, the commando type dudes etc). I felt those seasons were just... silly. Strangely, my favourite season of Buffy was the finale, Season 7.

Angel I thought was good, because it was similar to Buffy, more dark and less stupid. Most of Angel was pretty good.

I tried to watch Dollhouse. Hated it. I found it very boring and unappealing. Didn't interest me at all.

Serenity was a pretty good movie but then again, it's a shame Firefly didn't have any further seasons. If it did, the outcome of the movie may have been a whole lot different.

I loved The Avengers, I thought that was a great film. Joss Whedon did a great job with his work there.

It's strange to say but yes, I am a fan of Joss Whedon however in a way I do feel he is overrated. He is a great writer and director, a funny and clever guy, but I don't think he is as awesome as the Internet rates him. I like most of his work - but some people act like all of his work is the greatest thing ever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod