GR site update discussion

using the m.gamerevolution.com site on mobile will still let you navigate to the forums using the menu tab and then clicking on "Forums."

That said, I'll bring up a dedicated forum button next chance i get. The spammers are a higher priority to be honest.

The community leaderboard has gotten an update. I won't say EXACTLY how ranking works right now, but there's a heavy emphasis on the front page. I've sent feedback on including more forum activities in the ranking system. Changes should be made in the short term.

MattAY said:
Hover over Community > Visit the Forums

Is that REALLY a massive ballache?
The big thing with that is it's only useful for old timers. New users aren't going to pay it any mind if it's hidden away like that.

At least that's my view on it.

danielrbischoff said:
using the m.gamerevolution.com site on mobile will still let you navigate to the forums using the menu tab and then clicking on "Forums."

That said, I'll bring up a dedicated forum button next chance i get. The spammers are a higher priority to be honest.

If I follow that navigation and try to login to the forums, I get kicked back to the mobile login page and it fucks with my "marked unread" topics. The only way for me to browse the forums is to "Disable Mobile" then login directly on the forum index. It was like this before the update too though.

Basically I hate the mobile site. Thats all.

danielrbischoff said:
Well shit.

It might just be a me thing.

I've had this weird disconnect between my forum profile and my front page profile since the original Bolt/Beta GR change back in 06 or whatever.

How is browsing the site via iOS for you, Green Lantern? Do you have the same issue with needing to always disable mobile before proceeding?

used44 said:
White box with red lettering?

UghRochester said:
This. Bret made a comment about this in the manifesto entry. I was thinking of a cube with the GR Logo on all sides. I have no idea what he's talking about.

BEHOLD!!!!!
gamebox.png

Longo_2_guns said:
MattAY said:
Hover over Community > Visit the Forums

Is that REALLY a massive ballache?
The big thing with that is it's only useful for old timers. New users aren't going to pay it any mind if it's hidden away like that.

At least that's my view on it.

Agreed - The Forum should have its own button on the top!

danielrbischoff said:
The reality of the forum code is that it holds back the rest of the site. In fact, the databasing etc is built off of this old (circa 2001) vBulletin code. Thank you Chris, we do appreciate your dedication to GR through thick and thin. <3
flirty.gif
tee hee

I've long had that same disconnect you're talking about, Used. Basically where the Community and the Forums are two separate entities, though both are logged in using the same username and pw.

Yeah I always have to login to the forums, then I can browse the whole site easily. If I log in to the main site, then come to the forum, it automatically logs be out.

That's why the forum button has been so nice.

Bretimus_v2 said:
used44 said:
White box with red lettering?

UghRochester said:
This. Bret made a comment about this in the manifesto entry. I was thinking of a cube with the GR Logo on all sides. I have no idea what he's talking about.

BEHOLD!!!!!
used44 said:
The fuck? I have never seen that.
Oh, that's why. It's on an ad page and the first thing I see is the skip ad button.

i literally could not for the life of me figure out how to get to the forums..

it's in small blue text hidden away in a spot on the community tab that you have to hover over.

pretty sure if i was a newcomer i'd assume the site had no forums.

didn't read the rest of the thread. so, sorry if this has been brought up already. only reason i made it is my home computer automatically loads to the forums.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle