GR site update discussion

madster111 said:
Anthony_Severino said:
EDIT: Removed. I've said too much. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and would rather this be a surprise if and when this does roll out. I'll edit the replies to this. Those of you who saw it, please keep it to yourselves. Let me get some more info on this.
Don't tease us like this, man. Don't make us get our hopes up only to have our dreams destroyed.

Its Half Life Episode 3 all over again.

You're right. I'm editing that comment. I'll wait until I have more concrete info on this before talking about it again.

I'm going to push to make this happen. I know you guys want this. I don't fully understand why it's so important to you all, but it is, so I'll do my best.

madster111 said:
Anthony_Severino said:
EDIT: Removed. I've said too much. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and would rather this be a surprise if and when this does roll out. I'll edit the replies to this. Those of you who saw it, please keep it to yourselves. Let me get some more info on this.
Don't tease us like this, man. Don't make us get our hopes up only to have our dreams destroyed.

Sourdeez said:
WoW Anthony your a chill dude :)

I try. At the risk of sounding like a lame ass-kisser, I really just want to give you guys what you want. I'll do what I can to make that happen.

But the day this actually happens...... you must all parade me around, carrying me on a golden throne, chanting my name.

EDIT: And I want everyone's signature to have a "Thank you, Anthony" picture in it just like the one that StinksMocarina had for a while there. That really made my day :)

I really love the large pictures accompanying the articles on the main page. And the full paragraph of text as opposed to the previous one-liners. Get the comment notifications working and I'd say the main body of the site is perfect.

It really is a pretty update.

I assume your edited post was about returning to black, which I couldn't care less about. It will please the whiners but I think it would kill the great aesthetic you just debuted.

Do reviews seem oddly hidden? Maybe 'reviews' should be a tab like 'news' and 'manifesto' so you can sort and find just the reviews. The reviews are what make Game Revolution.

Anthony_Severino said:
And I want everyone's signature to have a "Thank you, Anthony" picture in it just like the one that StinksMocarina had for a while there. That really made my day :)
This can be done, so long as you enable flash embedding and animated .gif signatures. Seriously, you guys, we should've had this a long time ago.

Then again, if someone like ignacbenn were to come in spamming flash advertisements, it could get out of hand very quickly. Well, there's always the animated .gif signatures...

Not you, though, your signature is plenty awesome on it's own.

As for flash embedding, I don't know what this entails - I'll ask. It might be due to the forum software we use.

Optimus-Crime said:
Anthony_Severino said:
And I want everyone's signature to have a "Thank you, Anthony" picture in it just like the one that StinksMocarina had for a while there. That really made my day :)
This can be done, so long as you enable flash embedding and animated .gif signatures. Seriously, you guys, we should've had this a long time ago.

Well, ty
blush.gif

Optimus-Crime said:
We had flash embedding, and a few days later we were spammed with embedded links and other little bugs. So that went out the window fast.

And it's possible to have an animated gif in your signature. It's just not allowed, because they're annoying.

I'm still adjusting to the newness. I'm old and change scares me. I'll reserve further judgement and comment.

Anthony_Severino said:
Done.

Anthony_Severino said:
Gee... I'm sorry, I don't know how to break this to you but... that cake... it's a lie.
Undone.

And in terms of most of it, it's nice. I'd rather have more tabs rather than five big conglomerate tabs, so that way people get presented EVERYTHING they need to see (read: the forums) right up front. And does the home button need to be there? You can just click the logo. Maybe put the home signal on the bottom corner of the logo.

But aesthetically, my two complaints are this: the bar needs to be a darker red, and yet a bolder red. And the background border part needs more flair to it. The broken crack stuff is alright, but that only covers a small area. It also looks like a choice from an old Geocities site I made when I was 12. You can't go wrong with stripes and contrast. I dunno exactly, since ain't no artsy fartsy big city lawyer type. But I do know that it lacks zazz.

You just gotta zazz it up.

No, no words. No words to describe it. Poetry! They should have sent a poet!

Oh wait, I am a poet. Ahem:

Shiny new front page
Still can't say fuck in comments
Otherwise happy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle