GR site update discussion

I think we should add a little pink and love heart decorations to the forums to attract more girls

;)

Ooooo I like how it says united kingdom under game revolution :) has it always been like this and I'm just slow to notice? :p

Longo_2_guns said:
We had flash embedding, and a few days later we were spammed with embedded links and other little bugs. So that went out the window fast.
And it's possible to have an animated gif in your signature. It's just not allowed, because they're annoying.

I didn't know you were around when we had flash. Did you copy and paste Maca's response? Because I remember him giving me the same response verbatim when I asked last time around. Either way TRUTH because look at all of the spambots since the update.

It's pretty subjective to say anything is annoying, but not these spambots. They're legit annoying.

It was just a couple of years ago, and I've been around a long time. And he probably gave the same answer because that's exactly what happened.

It looks really nice, I like the red ribbons and how the community features have it in a different place to highlight their unique non-staff essence. Awesome. It looks good, I like the messy paint roller at the bottom of the page.

Just one thing: the white box with red lettering. It only appears on the ad page on your way to what you wanted to see. It has 3 faces with letters "GA", "ME" and "R". If this becomes the new symbol, expect to be known as Gamer Evolution quickly.

Working on getting the Thank You Anthony sig up but photobucket isn't working.

used44 said:
White box with red lettering?
This. Bret made a comment about this in the manifesto entry. I was thinking of a cube with the GR Logo on all sides. I have no idea what he's talking about.

Dobby2244 said:
Ooooo I like how it says united kingdom under game revolution :) has it always been like this and I'm just slow to notice? :p
I don't think so, it says Canada for me so it's different for everyone depending where you live.

I definitely like the look, but I want a forum link. It took me like 30 seconds to find the boards (which I'm glad are unchanged)

I agree it is a little redundant to have the home icon right there next to the logo and miss the forum tab and there should be links to the older generations of games since they still are on the site but as far as I know the only way to get to them is through the search. Other than that everything looks pretty good. I like the front page with the expanded info and larger pictures but will also second the call for a little more zazz.

Don't screw with the forums too much - this is the only old version of vBulletin that i still visit, and the simple fact of the matter is that it's just better. It looks a little dated, yes, but it's quicker and cleaner and easier to use.

OR, just hear me out for a second here...screw with the forums completely and however you wish because it's not like we're actually calling the shots or paying the bills around here. It's your baby. Don't be a prisoner to our whims. Though a little pink could go a long way...

If the goal was to bring in new traffic with a purtier front page, done and done. Remember, us yokels will keep on truckin' no matter what you do.
Whoever is in charge of design should focus on getting the new traffic in here and not so much appeasing the peanut gallery, because there's no appeasing the peanut gallery.

harsh, but helpful!

A healthy GR is a happy GR. Simply put, we all benefit from whatever changes you have coming.

Eh, I have seen worse. The lack of forum buttons is annoying, and I am noticing that some of the older reviews have gone missing, again.

Which sucks, but eh, not much can be done unless if they have lots of code monkeys on it.

Optimus-Crime said:
OR, just hear me out for a second here...screw with the forums completely and however you wish because it's not like we're actually calling the shots or paying the bills around here. It's your baby. Don't be a prisoner to our whims. Though a little pink could go a long way...

If the goal was to bring in new traffic with a purtier front page, done and done. Remember, us yokels will keep on truckin' no matter what you do.
Whoever is in charge of design should focus on getting the new traffic in here and not so much appeasing the peanut gallery, because there's no appeasing the peanut gallery.

harsh, but helpful!

A healthy GR is a happy GR. Simply put, we all benefit from whatever changes you have coming.
The reality of the forum code is that it holds back the rest of the site. In fact, the databasing etc is built off of this old (circa 2001) vBulletin code. Thank you Chris, we do appreciate your dedication to GR through thick and thin. <3

at least this update went a lot smoother than the bolt fiasco, I've never seen something so universally hated on these boards than the bolt update, the one time all of GR agreed on something

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod