GR site update discussion

True. Doesn't work super well on iOS either. I assume the top buttons are 'roll-over' or somehow expandable but on my iPhone they do nothing.

There is a "visit the forum" button under the community tab... but yes a forum tab on its own would be better.

used44 said:
I assume the top buttons are 'roll-over' or somehow expandable but on my iPhone they do nothing.
Yeah, they are. A bit of a pain, and I don't see them being super useful, but whatever.

My two cents: I like it. Most of us would still post here no matter what the site looks like, so that it looks a lot cooler is just a bonus.
It is a good effort at luring in the new blood, though. Maybe the casuals will post more.
qohaxd.jpg

We're waiting for you, newbies. This is definitely not a trap. :twisted: :wave2: :spank2: :shock: :shock: :hmm: :hmm: :spank2: :brow2:

Serious bugs, I'm seeing.

Longo's video game music showdown is gone. Poof.

The menu bar isn't present on any forum page besides the main.

Something's wrong with the background. I don't really know how to explain it, but there's just this huge void of what can only be described as complete lack of color and uniqueness. Like some sort of....white hole. Infinite nothingness.

The "Latest Forum Threads" links don't always redirect to the correct page.

De-Ting said:
Longo's video game music showdown is gone. Poof.
I think that might've accidentally got deleted. When we get spammed, it's usually easier to mass delete the new threads, which occasionally results in an older thread the spam has gone in getting deleted as well. I'm checking my history, so I know it wasn't me, but other mods were on then too.

Oh well, we're coming up on the end of the first round anyway, and I saved most of the results. I'll just start it back up from where I was.

...Tomorrow.

Well...

36ahwv.jpg

The older platform cheats are still not present on the Cheats page. They still technically exist, but I noticed they were removed a while ago, but not seeing them in this update disappoints me immensely. The main site of GR is straying further and further from the path of enlightenment.

36ahwv.jpg

Some necessary images seem to be missing. For instance, in the My Games section on your profile, the Platform column is completely blank.

36ahwv.jpg

On various pages, the Featured Voxpop section under the Community tab will be blank.

36ahwv.jpg

tumblr_llxaxyPbon1qc0p7do1_500.gif

Mine totally says 'Gamerevolution' with 'Australia' under it.

All is forgiven.
It also helps that the new update looks sexy.

I love you De-Ting.

It looks pretty slick. I like the separation in the GR feed.

1. Love the new navigation system, but I can't find the tab for "Podcast/GR Radio" and/or Forums.

2. This might not matter, but pictures for the articles on the main page, does anyone feel their too big?

3. Are we calling comments "Fireballs" now?
Other than that, love the change.

EDIT: Found the forums link. I wished it had its own tab.
EDIT: Found out you can't view the dropdown whenever you hover over the tabs while in the forums.

I like the new look but those buttons need a bit of work. maybe shade them a bit more and make the drop down quicker?

The button dont work once I hit the forums. They dont drop down for me.

Sourdeez said:
Also my community tab doesnt update for the new forum posts. just keeps the same ones.
This, I'll see what happens if I delete cache.
EDIT: Nothing happened.

It seems that there is plenty of positive, but also some negative comments about the new GR.

Overall, I'm happy with the feedback.

Remember, though - this is a work in progress. No site update is ever fully complete, and a lot of this was laying the foundation for much more interesting features that are being worked on, but weren't quite ready for primetime.

We want those features to be perfect, so we decided to keep them in development a little longer.

In the near future, you can expect an updated comment system, notifications on comment replies and new notification system, and new game pages. Later this year, we're going to roll out an expanded Medal system more akin to game achievements.

EDIT: Removed. I've said too much. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and would rather this be a surprise if and when this does roll out. I'll edit the replies to this. Those of you who saw it, please keep it to yourselves. Let me get some more info on this.

Right now, it's mostly new design and look, but underneath there are the blueprints for more functionality - you just can't see it because it's not ready yet.

Keep the feedback coming. Thanks everyone.

Anthony_Severino said:
EDIT: Removed. I've said too much. Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and would rather this be a surprise if and when this does roll out. I'll edit the replies to this. Those of you who saw it, please keep it to yourselves. Let me get some more info on this.
Don't tease us like this, man. Don't make us get our hopes up only to have our dreams destroyed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod