Fallout 4

Green_Lantern said:
I'm somewhat surprised no one has bitched about the graphics yet.
My brother did. I just assume teaser graphics are never anything close to the final product.

De-Ting said:
Green_Lantern said:
I'm somewhat surprised no one has bitched about the graphics yet.
My brother did. I just assume teaser graphics are never anything close to the final product.

Haha, my brother did also - and he's not one to normally care about graphics. I think he was mostly concerned that it looked too similar to Fallout 3 in general.

I figure they had learned from other developers mistakes and decided to show console graphics. That way nobody could say they downgraded before launch.

Or maybe I am just high.

I was mostly talking about us here, since the rest of the Internet seems to be losing their shit over it.

But we're better than everyone else, so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm sure they'll announce it for holiday, but delay it to spring next year. As for the visuals, it's still in beta.

I like the Gamebryo look. The posture/animation of their human characters is really appealing

But will we get DX11/DX12 support?

Although it’s true that DirectX12 offers opportunities for better performance by allowing developers a lot of low-level control of graphics device, it also means that application needs to do explicitly a lot of book keeping and validation that video drivers used to do for us. Using Gamebryo can eliminate this kind of tedious work from developers while still obtaining all the benefits of DX12. Also Gamebryo abstracts away architectural differences between DX11 and DX12 like the removal of immediate context, so Gamebryo can help developers move to DX12 in the least intrusive way.

Engrossing story. That is all I'm really looking for here. And a voiced main character. Nothing worse than playing an absolute mute.

It appears at the end of the trailer we'll have a voiced protagonist. I do like imaging my tone of voice when selecting an answer, but the tone doesn't realm match up to what I answered with.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle