Desert Island

It's fine wicked, made that post at like 5am. I only meant to jokingly come off as an asshole. :p

What THREE desert island albums would you choose?

Rules:
*No "Greatest Hits," soundtracks, or other collections
*I can't think of any other rules

Weezer - Blue Album

The Mars Volta - Deloused in the Comatorium
-OR-
Sufjan Steven - Illinoise
I can't decide which one :(

Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism

for the first one since you allowed multiplayer I would just take a 360 and play Halo games. Without multiplayer I woulda went ps2 and just played madden endlessly.

For albums...

Sublime - 40oz to freedom

Pepper - Kona Town

Flogging Molly - Swagger

Longo_2_guns said:
Oh, and N64 is dumb. Just sayin'.
Say Whhhhhhhaaaattttttt????? *said in the same way that a "jolly" black woman would say*

Um came in too late for the game part.... But I would have my 360 with Reach, Portal 2, Left 4 Dead, KOTOR 1-2, Bioshock 1-2, GTA 4, Mass Effect 1 (never got to play it), Batman Arkham Asylum, Orange Box (with the possibility that there's a great amount of people playing TF2 online) and others I don't remember. If I could get another console N64 with all the classics or a gameboy color with any of the pokemons because that equals hours and hours of play.

For music.... I don't really listen to albums anymore, just the hits of various artists that I like (yeah I'm a degenerate, I'm trying to fix that). I honestly listen to stand-up or comedy podcasts more than I do actual music so if I was able to re-listen to the stand-up and laugh every time:
1. Louis CK Chewed Up
2. Dave Chappelle For What It's Worth
3. Mike Birbiglia Sleepwalk With Me

But if I went with music:
1. The new Kanye album (yeah I like rap go ahead and troll, I know what you're gonna say)
2. The Blueprint 3
3. If I could get soundtracks the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack but I guess the B.o.B. album

Sorry if I don't listen to "cool" music

Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon

The Smiths - Hatful of hollow

The Clash - London calling

As for the console, I absolutely love my PS2 but I'll say PS3 due to its backwards compatibility. A cop out? For sure.

Highway to Hell - AC/DC
Back in Black - AC/DC
Curtain Call - Eminem (Can i have this despite it being a greatest hits? If not;)
Renegades - RATM

And because fuck you, i request this on a CD separately:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IzcfstLy9k
Best ringtone ever, btw.

Console wise, can i have a Pandora? Handheld with stacks of emulators, full linux desktop and 10hrs battery life? Yes plz.
If not, i'll stick with my PS3 and a room full of PS2 games.

Rammstein - Reise, Reise
Sound of Garuda
ME2 OST

Backwards compatible PS3.
PS2 games are just so good.

Looks at Beyond Good and Evil. :D

Delorean88 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Oh, and N64 is dumb. Just sayin'.
Say Whhhhhhhaaaattttttt????? *said in the same way that a "jolly" black woman would say*
No no no man, you're makin' me fall asleep.

Seriously though, N64 is alright. Not great, but alright. Though choosing it over anything with a better lineup, which is most everything, is dumb.

As for albums? Anything loud and high pitched. And on CD. To use to find rescue.

Desert island food. Choose FIVE foods to eat for the rest if your life.

*not full meals, just basic foodstuffs.

vlietvandon said:

uh... see ya...

-Cheeseburgers
-Fries
-Pizza
-Chicken Pot Pie (My mom's home made FTW)
-and so that I don't die from heart a heart attack, a garden salad loaded with veggies.

Delorean88 said:
The new Kanye album (yeah I like rap go ahead and troll, I know what you're gonna say)

Sorry if I don't listen to "cool" music

No need to be so self-depreciating there Delorean. I debated putting Scarface's The Fix, or something from Jurassic 5, or a Naughty by Nature album, or even The Streets on my list. Just opted for something more beachy, being on an island and all. I think rap and hip-hop get their fair shake round here.

For foods:
Entemanns chocolate donuts
Tuna salad sandwiches
Toby's hot dogs (tiny hot dog stand in my hometown)
Baked Ziti
Chocolate milkshake

Wicked, you're going to die alone on a desert island and you're worried about cholesterol. You need to get your hypothetical priorities right, buddy.

chicken
Grapes
enchiladas
steak
Dr. Pepper

Bretimus_v2 said:
Wicked, you're going to die alone on a desert island and you're worried about cholesterol. You need to get your hypothetical priorities right, buddy.
This. You have shit you need to be doing mate, such as building and maintaining a shelter and exploring the island and surrounding ocean. You're not exactly going to get fat from sitting around all day.

Unless this particular island has weed growing around it. That, combined with a few good albums and lot of fattening food... Yeah, you gonna be 200kg before long.

I'm also changing my 'more bacon' for 'a good fishing rod and knife'.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle