Desert Island

used44

Forum Moderator
Staff member
Dessert island?!
dessert-island-20100811-101153.jpg

Oh no, wait desert island.

Let's play a good ole game of Desert Island. The idea is you're stuck for the rest of your life on a desert island alone. A category will be chosen and you gotta name what you would choose to entertain you for the rest of your lonely, stupid life. Simple.

First category: What ONE video game console would you choose to take with you to your desert island?

I'd rather take a PC but on technicality note I'd go for a PS2 (assuming i'd have access to the entire gaming catalog)

My laptop, because of Liquid's reason and I COULD have a bunch of emulators and roms from various consoles to play. Also perhaps I could use my laptop to build an escape plan or something.

WickedLiquid said:
I guess my PS3 so i could go online, tell people where I am and get rescued.

Loop hole FTW.

UghRochester said:
My laptop, because of Liquid's reason and I COULD have a bunch of emulators and roms from various consoles to play. Also perhaps I could use my laptop to build an escape plan or something.

The point is not to get off the island but something to keep you occupied.

Way to fail, everybody. Lokness has it right, you're not getting off the island, you're just entertaining yourself for the rest of eternity. I'll lay down some ground rules that I thought would be obvious and that I think everyone would agree with:

*Handhelds count, sure.
*You have Internet for multiplayer I guess but you're not getting off the fucking Island.
*You only have currently released consoles with their currently released library of games.
*If you choose "PC with emulators! I could pirate everything!" you're a dick.

The exercise is to think about your favorite things that you'd never get sick of, not a riddle. I can't believe we're this unfamiliar with Desert Island.

For me, it's between Gameboy, N64, and Xbox 360. I'd probably go with the 64, but that might just be my nostalgia talking. The catalog of games is pretty awesome, and I'd have time to play some stuff I missed out on.

I actually was going to say N64, they're not the most in depth games when compared to the current line up of PS3 games I have, but I could play NFL Blitz, Mario Tennis, WWF No Mercy and more until the cows come home. I could also finally beat Mask of Majora.

Bretimus_v2 said:
I actually was going to say N64, they're not the most in depth games when compared to the current line up of PS3 games I have, but I could play NFL Blitz, Mario Tennis, WWF No Mercy and more until the cows come home. I could also finally beat Mask of Majora.

+1...Except the finally beat Majora's Mask part (wtf Bret)

It came out when I didn't have access to video games and I've never just taken the time to play it. I even own a copy and have a working N64. I don't know what's wrong with me.

I'd choose the original Xbox. I'd hollow it out and use the case as a house, and then turn the controller into a boat and use it to escape.

In all seriousness, PS2. Because it has the best lineup of games ever, outside PC.

Oh, and N64 is dumb. Just sayin'.

WickedLiquid said:
I guess my PS3 so i could go online, tell people where I am and get rescued.

Loop hole FTW.

And then they'd steal your credit card information. Zing!

And they'd never rescue you.

Anyways, I'd take an N64. The Zelda games, Goldeneye, Vigilante 8 series, oh man. Conker's bad fur day. possibly? Aww hell, banjo Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, AWWW

Fuck I'm going to be buying stuff off of amazon now.

tough choice.....SNES...Genesis....NES....N64....PS2.....fuck....

Ok I pick the Super Nintendo in the end. Had a lot of great memories with that system, but it is a toss up for that and N64....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle