CYOA: Nights Hotter Than the Barrel of My Gun: New Edition

Page 23, What's Right is...

251624_257529640930119_6085378_a.jpg

Luke's voice wavered, but it held strong.

"Now you listen here, you...sons of bitches! I know who you are and where you stand in the community. But just because Ross is the law don't make him what's right. And I may be new in town, but it don't make me any less right. You could kill me, but people know where I went. They know what it is I stand for! And nothing...nothing...you could say would keep you spotless before their eyes."

Before Luke knew what was happening, the three men were upon him. It was like a tornado of fists and boots and he was the center of destruction.

When he came to there was a bag on his head. Dull rays of light poked throughthe holes in the sack. He could hear his heart beating...and he could hear whimpers. Soft ones.

"Who's there?"

A soft voice started to reply, "it's me..."

Whack!

The soft voice wilted and three harsh laughs rose up from around Luke. He brought up his hands defensively, but with the sack in place it was pointless. Luckily, the men just kept laughing until one of the pair of boots scuffed closer to him and yanked the sack of his head.

They were in front of the Sheriff's Office. Him, the girl, and the three men. Faces peered through windows throughout the street, but they were only an audience. This moment was just for them.

Luke could feel the blood on his face and there was blood on hers. But worse than that was the fear in her eyes.

"Why did you confront them?"

Her question hit him harder than any of those men had. Luke looked at the ground. No words could express his remorse. No apology could right his wrong.

"Touchin' ain't it," Rabbit mewled.

"Shuddup," Ross demanded, "what it is...is sad. This man doesn't know who I am." He marched up in front of Luke and lowered a revolver. "I'm not the law," he began, "and I don't care if I'm spotless before anyone. I am what's right. And this is my city and the citizens answer to me. And most importantly, NOONE lectures me!"

And with that he pulled the hammer back with his thumb...took aim and shot the girl in the stomach.

Bang...

Get angry, page 27.

Sit there and cry, page 30.

Say your prayers, page 40.

Page 27, Red with Rage

red-sunset.jpg

Luke couldn't breath. The girl fell on her back looking at the heavens. A red stain slowly spread across her dress, seeping further and further. Luke wanted to run to her side. But what could he do?

Bang!

Luke flinched reflexively, closing his eyes. When he reopened them, the girl lay still. Her eyes were frozen on him. A bullet hole just above them.

Without thinking Luke rolled into a crouch and leapt at Ross. The man was taken by surprise at the sudden action and the two fell back to the ground. His men were just as shocked and stood still, mouths agape. The two men rolled about, punching and cussing. But the last punch came from Ross.

Luke lay on his back, his body ached but his heart ached more.

"You're only a man, Ross. And men come and go. Someday these people are going to watch you die and they won't help you anymore than they helped me."

Ross slowly stood. His eyes were thin slits of rage. "Well, you're right about the last part. Noone is helping you."

And with that he turned and walked to a horse, grabbed the rope and started tying it around Luke's feet.

"And it looks like it's your turn to go. YAW!"

The horse darted forward, and Luke screamed."

Luke sat up, it took a moment to realize that he was on the dark shop floor. The burning in his back was the hundreds of glass shards and not the road tearing at him. He scooted toward the wall facing the street and tried to get his bearings. Memories fought to keep him in that moment. The bang of the gun. The emptiness in her eyes.

That's when he heard a board creak on the board walk. Someone was edging closer to the window.

Creak.

Fire through the wall, page 34.

Wait for the man to look through the window, page 44.

Go out the back, page 54.

you pussies, fire first, than look who it is

god by now you figure you'd rightfully trust no one.

I'm not taking any of you with me to survive after the apocalypse hits

Icepick said:

But I want to make sure I hit him in the face!

NickKmet said:
Icepick said:

But I want to make sure I hit him in the face!

That's why you fire the whole clip, have you never seen an Arnold movie?

Page 44, Hard to Miss

13186657628pIp6u.jpg

Luke crept toward the window, unholstering a pistol. Soft footsteps fell outside. He held his breath, waiting for the right moment. It felt like time had slowed. The man outside must've been as scared as Luke.

There was a flare of light as lantern flew through the window. It hit the ground and flared, oil spilling out and flames filling the ground. Luke looked at the illuminated area. A pool of blood and glass with a small stream making it's way towards...him!

Luke ducked and rolled to the other side of the window frame just as a shot ripped through the wall. Luke regained his feet and took aim. The rifleman was still reloading when...

Bang!

The man dropped to the ground and Luke exhaled. The shop floor was starting to catch fire, but Luke didn't care. Let it burn. He headed to the back and checked it for an ambush. Noone. oss had sent his dogs to finish off Luke, so where was he? Luke knew he didn't have long, he needed to move.

Main Street, page 80.

Doctor's Office, page 70.

Sheriff's Office, page 60.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod