CYOA: Nights Hotter Than the Barrel of My Gun: New Edition

Cover

The shot could easily be something else, and shooting back or going for another gun is too big of a risk right now.

Page 32, Between the sights

iron-sights-leslie-bookout.jpg

Luke didn't need another shot to spur him into action. He scrambled over to a pile of crates to his left. As he went, another shot rang out.

Crack!

He didn't know what was inside the crates, but it was enough to stop the bullet. He did, however, know that the shots were coming from a rooftop across the streets. Luke edged to one side and shot a glance.

Crack!

In reply, the gunman shot a bullet. Luke felt itwhiz past his ear.

So where were his options? The alley lay about 4 feet to his left. That would take several steps to get to the darkness and then he would be boxed into a dark lane for about 20 feet. To his right was the shop window. It was a little bit further than the alley, but once through that window he would have good cover for a time.

The man was good and no matter what he did there was a good chance Luke would take a shot for his efforts. But he had to do something.

Make for the darkness, page 100.

Jump through the shop window, page 101.

Return fire, page 102.

Stay put a moment longer, page 103.

Page 100, Shattered

shattered_glass.jpg

"Let's do this on three. One, two..."

Crack!

"THREE!"

Luke leapt out from behind the crates yelling and firing his pistols. One shot from each in cadence towards the unseen gunman. Then he turned and ran the three steps towards the window. As his legs pushed him off the ground, he brought his arms up to protect his face, aiming his left shoulder for the glass. Then he heard the shot.

Crack!

A hot flash of pain in his right shoulder and he was spinning. His forehead met the glass and the glass gave way. Tiny shards bit at his skin and the sound of shattering glass filled his ears. His body hit the ground with a sickly cruch...pain everywhere. The pain covered him, dragged at him. He tried to fight it, but before he knew it everything went black.

he was back in that cramped room with the three men.

Crack!

Luke lowered his arms from around his head. A small puff of dust rose from the hole near his feet. When he looked up in front of him, Ross had raised the barrel to point directly at Luke's chest.

"I've heard enough," Ross whispered, "you can talk to the ranchers like that, but it'll be a cold day in hell when the townsfolk talk to the sheriff that way..."

Ross patted the bronze star on his chest with the steel barrel of his gun and continued, "now, unless you can change your tone..."

Change your tone, page 15.

Spit on him, page 9.

Don't change your tone, page 23.

I followed this completely perfectly and now I'm kinda lost. Who is speaking when? What? WHY?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod