CoD: Black Ops

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by I_Hate_MGS, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

And that's precisely why the analogy makes such perfect sense. Both 2012 and Transformers 2 set box office records. Would you call either of them good movies?

Sales do not equal quality. To even think such a thing is naive and quite dumb.

2. I_Hate_MGS

I_Hate_MGS Rookie

Reread my post. The quality of this unreleased game is not the issue.

3. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Modern Warfare has skyrocketed the sales for CoD (duh). but I am surprised to hear Black Ops is the most pre-ordered game ever. Since it's the other company that DIDN'T make MW. Unless there's something I dont know about, like...they've now joined forces or something.

Still I bet the fact that it comes out annually annoys some people. I know my buddy played MW2 online for 9 days or so, and when the new one will be released, he's going to have to get it! I feel that is a gigantic waste of time no? Are some of you like that?

4. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Well, it sort of is. Especially since a great deal of people have become disenchanted with Call of Duty after MW2, which was good at best, and aren't too excited about a game that, while it will be better by a small amount, really is still the same game that's been released three times already.

The average person buying it doesn't know quality from crap when it comes to games, so again quantity doesn't matter.

5. I_Hate_MGS

I_Hate_MGS Rookie

Well you say a great deal of people became disenchanted, I don't doubt at all that that is true, but I think that is perhaps misleading seeing as mw2 was the previous record holder for pre orders. For the next in the series to surpass it makes it seem clear that mw2 is generally quite well thought of.

But let me refer back to my earlier posts and clarify. I'm not at all surprised that there are people not excited for the game, I'm not surprised that people think the game won't be anything great and I certainly don't expect people to be into it just because I think its worth being excited for. I am very aware that we all form our own opinions on games for our own reasons and throughout the years here I have had many unusual opinions on games (refer back to my screen name lol) so I'm used to people disagreeing. The only reason I am surprised that there is so little enthusiasm here is because such a large amount exists outside gr.

6. Kijan

Kijan Rookie

We're special... because our mommies say so. :D

7. Diabolus

Diabolus Rookie

I got tired of Call of Duty after CoD2. I'm pretty much just tired of war games in general. I prefer shooters like Singularity and Wolfenstein that have sci-fi elements.

8. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Rookie

Let's be honest guys, if you want quality, real quality, minesweeper is your only viable option.

9. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

The average COD fan doesn't know the difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch. It may be the reason you or I are wary of Black Ops, but most of them are buying anything with "Call of Duty" in the title without giving a thought to who makes it, how quickly it was released, etc.

10. Kijan

Kijan Rookie

Probably... but after MW2 and WAW I've become a bit more cautious when it comes to COD games. Having a COD in the title doesn't mean guaranteed AAA games anymore, sadly. :(

11. Diabolus

Diabolus Rookie

I became wary of them after Finest Hour on Xbox. That's when the whole flip flopping developers thing started.

12. Green_Lantern

Green_Lantern Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Hey now...I for one found WAW to be a better game than MW1

13. Shaft

Shaft Rookie

ive decided to go with this edition of the game

14. TheDiesel

TheDiesel Rookie

Well, thanks to my friend allowing me to sell his Force Unleashed II, I got my pre-order in and will be picking it up tomorrow night.

w00t!

15. stevedave

stevedave Rookie

It's already been out here in China since Friday. I played it a bit, plays just like MW2. (was fun killing Castro through, mwahaha!)
    I was happy to see the Nazi Zombie rush is available from the get-go. Nothing has changed at all there, its basically just a new map. Nazi Zombies at the windows, fix em up, turn on the electricity, buy guns off the walls etc.
    I was a little confused and disappointed to find the coop campaign was missing (I was playing at a friends obviously), but then I jumped online and found out some wildly exciting news, they replaced the coop campaign with splitscreen multiplayer! whoohoooo, this is the greatest thing to hit videogames since fatalities for some like me who only plays at my buddies place.
    I am already thinking of starting a Shanghai based clan.... hmmmm... I'll call it [ZED] the zombie eradication directive :-D

16. crazycracker22

i herf they have zombiez.

17. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Shut yo mouth

18. used44

used44 Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Anyone actually going to (or already been to) a midnight release?

19. keepithowitis

keepithowitis Rookie

Not me, but i'm getting it tomorrow (for 360 as per your request)

20. MattAY

MattAY Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Sshh...if you listen carefully, you can hear the many girlfriends screaming at boyfriends for playing CoDBO for too long.............aaaaaahhhh (sensual release)...