CoD: Black Ops

I_Hate_MGS said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Most people here aren't a part of the greater gaming community. Because most of the greater gaming community knows dick all about games.

Call of Duty games are really like Michael Bay movies, or that 2012 movie. They sell a shitload off of flash and hype, but really aren't that good.

Your personal opinions of the gaming community and your opinion of the game doesn't matter.

The fact that this is the most pre ordered game ever and could very likely set more sales records at launch shows the ridiculous number of people excited for this game. For there to be that many people excited yet so few here, is surprising.

However I suppose if we take into account how many posts are made here in any of the console sub categories we could see that gr just has a generally low enthusiasm for gaming as a whole....
And that's precisely why the analogy makes such perfect sense. Both 2012 and Transformers 2 set box office records. Would you call either of them good movies?

Sales do not equal quality. To even think such a thing is naive and quite dumb.

Longo_2_guns said:
I_Hate_MGS said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Most people here aren't a part of the greater gaming community. Because most of the greater gaming community knows dick all about games.

Call of Duty games are really like Michael Bay movies, or that 2012 movie. They sell a shitload off of flash and hype, but really aren't that good.

Your personal opinions of the gaming community and your opinion of the game doesn't matter.

The fact that this is the most pre ordered game ever and could very likely set more sales records at launch shows the ridiculous number of people excited for this game. For there to be that many people excited yet so few here, is surprising.

However I suppose if we take into account how many posts are made here in any of the console sub categories we could see that gr just has a generally low enthusiasm for gaming as a whole....
And that's precisely why the analogy makes such perfect sense. Both 2012 and Transformers 2 set box office records. Would you call either of them good movies?

Sales do not equal quality. To even think such a thing is naive and quite dumb.

Reread my post. The quality of this unreleased game is not the issue.

Modern Warfare has skyrocketed the sales for CoD (duh). but I am surprised to hear Black Ops is the most pre-ordered game ever. Since it's the other company that DIDN'T make MW. Unless there's something I dont know about, like...they've now joined forces or something.

Still I bet the fact that it comes out annually annoys some people. I know my buddy played MW2 online for 9 days or so, and when the new one will be released, he's going to have to get it! I feel that is a gigantic waste of time no? Are some of you like that?

Well, it sort of is. Especially since a great deal of people have become disenchanted with Call of Duty after MW2, which was good at best, and aren't too excited about a game that, while it will be better by a small amount, really is still the same game that's been released three times already.

The average person buying it doesn't know quality from crap when it comes to games, so again quantity doesn't matter.

Longo_2_guns said:
Well, it sort of is. Especially since a great deal of people have become disenchanted with Call of Duty after MW2, which was good at best, and aren't too excited about a game that, while it will be better by a small amount, really is still the same game that's been released three times already.

The average person buying it doesn't know quality from crap when it comes to games, so again quantity doesn't matter.

Well you say a great deal of people became disenchanted, I don't doubt at all that that is true, but I think that is perhaps misleading seeing as mw2 was the previous record holder for pre orders. For the next in the series to surpass it makes it seem clear that mw2 is generally quite well thought of.

But let me refer back to my earlier posts and clarify. I'm not at all surprised that there are people not excited for the game, I'm not surprised that people think the game won't be anything great and I certainly don't expect people to be into it just because I think its worth being excited for. I am very aware that we all form our own opinions on games for our own reasons and throughout the years here I have had many unusual opinions on games (refer back to my screen name lol) so I'm used to people disagreeing. The only reason I am surprised that there is so little enthusiasm here is because such a large amount exists outside gr.

I_Hate_MGS said:
Longo_2_guns said:

Well you say a great deal of people became disenchanted, I don't doubt at all that that is true, but I think that is perhaps misleading seeing as mw2 was the previous record holder for pre orders. For the next in the series to surpass it makes it seem clear that mw2 is generally quite well thought of.

But let me refer back to my earlier posts and clarify. I'm not at all surprised that there are people not excited for the game, I'm not surprised that people think the game won't be anything great and I certainly don't expect people to be into it just because I think its worth being excited for. I am very aware that we all form our own opinions on games for our own reasons and throughout the years here I have had many unusual opinions on games (refer back to my screen name lol) so I'm used to people disagreeing. The only reason I am surprised that there is so little enthusiasm here is because such a large amount exists outside gr.

We're special... because our mommies say so. :D

I got tired of Call of Duty after CoD2. I'm pretty much just tired of war games in general. I prefer shooters like Singularity and Wolfenstein that have sci-fi elements.

The average COD fan doesn't know the difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch. It may be the reason you or I are wary of Black Ops, but most of them are buying anything with "Call of Duty" in the title without giving a thought to who makes it, how quickly it was released, etc.

used44 said:
The average COD fan doesn't know the difference between Infinity Ward and Treyarch. It may be the reason you or I are wary of Black Ops, but most of them are buying anything with "Call of Duty" in the title without giving a thought to who makes it, how quickly it was released, etc.

Probably... but after MW2 and WAW I've become a bit more cautious when it comes to COD games. Having a COD in the title doesn't mean guaranteed AAA games anymore, sadly. :(

Kijan said:
used44 said:

Probably... but after MW2 and WAW I've become a bit more cautious when it comes to COD games. Having a COD in the title doesn't mean guaranteed AAA games anymore, sadly. :(

I became wary of them after Finest Hour on Xbox. That's when the whole flip flopping developers thing started.

used44 said:

Hey now...I for one found WAW to be a better game than MW1

Well, thanks to my friend allowing me to sell his Force Unleashed II, I got my pre-order in and will be picking it up tomorrow night.

w00t!

It's already been out here in China since Friday. I played it a bit, plays just like MW2. (was fun killing Castro through, mwahaha!)
I was happy to see the Nazi Zombie rush is available from the get-go. Nothing has changed at all there, its basically just a new map. Nazi Zombies at the windows, fix em up, turn on the electricity, buy guns off the walls etc.
I was a little confused and disappointed to find the coop campaign was missing (I was playing at a friends obviously), but then I jumped online and found out some wildly exciting news, they replaced the coop campaign with splitscreen multiplayer! whoohoooo, this is the greatest thing to hit videogames since fatalities for some like me who only plays at my buddies place.
I am already thinking of starting a Shanghai based clan.... hmmmm... I'll call it [ZED] the zombie eradication directive :-D

Green_Lantern said:
used44 said:

Hey now...I for one found WAW to be a better game than MW1

Shut yo mouth

Sshh...if you listen carefully, you can hear the many girlfriends screaming at boyfriends for playing CoDBO for too long.............aaaaaahhhh (sensual release)...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle