Call of Duty 4:Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by kapow, Apr 25, 2007.

1. kapow

kapow Rookie

sounds like no more WW2, http://www.ign.com has got an ad for it right under the main navigation menu

im excited

2. FrozenBacon

FrozenBacon Veteran

Well, you can only make so many WWII games till people get sick of it. The gaming industry beat the hell out of that dead horse.

And why couldnt you just give us a link? That navigation menu is such a pain to navigate through. Anyway, here is the link. I'm not that excited because I never been that fond of COD games to begin with, but I am interested in what it'll look like.

3. unctarheels

unctarheels Rookie

Yeah I played the original CoD on PC, and got the expansion for that, but I never played any of the others. I just got tired of the genre, and think its interesting that they are transitioning the "CoD" series to urban combat.

I'm sure they are just trying to milk the title, but I hope they actually change the way the game plays and not just add new skins/weapons.

4. HOC

HOC Rookie

Youtube link for the trailer.

Nothing exciting, really. Typical produced BS from Activision. Will wait till some in-game footage comes along.

5. unctarheels

unctarheels Rookie

^^ yep I saw the trailer live today. I have to say it definately caught my attention, but I know it was pretty much all cut scenes. Either way, the game looks better than I was initially giving it credit for.

6. Heterosapien

Heterosapien Rookie

I'm adding CoD 4 to my "Games I wanna ****ing play" list, along with Crysis and GTA4

7. Ghaleon007

Ghaleon007 Rookie

I havent played any of these games after the original, but this sounds like a pretty cool premise to me

8. kingg5

kingg5 Rookie

tbh i never get tired of WW2 games no matter how many times i storm the beaches of normandy i never get tired of it. i played MOH frontline over a hundred times just to play the first level i think COD should stick to WW2 shooters of course there new one might be good though.

9. Longo_2_guns

Longo_2_guns Forum Moderator
    Staff Member

Now it is on to Korea. Next, Vietnam. Then, the Civil War. The Revolutionary War. The Cold War!

10. Miscarriage

Miscarriage Rookie

Civil/Revolutionary would be interesting, very crude, raw, in comparison to these despite them obviously being crude in ways as well. It was just very primitive in ways, hm. Wouldn't see it having all too much depth though, but who knows, depends on the producers. The Cold War can't really be done in terms of a shooter, for obvious reasons, but it would an interesting concept..If taken into odd hypothetical scenarios.