Assassin's Creed 2 Info!

Longo_2_guns

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So check this out. They already released a bunch of info on Assassin's Creed 2.

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.

Amazing. I'm getting this game.

Link: http://www.destructoid.com/first-info-o ... 8198.phtml

Taking in account that the original Assassin's Creed was still awsome even with all it's flaws, this game might actually be the mesias?

lol@CAN swim and "ease" dropping, phail@doctors

See, from what I understand about the way the game is supposed to work, if something happens inside the Animus that didn't actually happen during the ancestor's memory, it damaged your syncronization. Now with the implementation of health, it makes it all seem so much more fake.

Le sigh.

Yeah, I'm a little wary of the health system this time - I liked the old one where you could just parry attacks until your health went up.

I hope the health system works out. The old one was fine, but made the game way too easy.

Why try to hide when I could kill anything that attacked me?

I read that list of things in the sequel before and all I can say is..

There is NO WAY that I am not getting this. First day buy if they deliver. Let's just hope the voice actor won't have an American accent that sticks out like they did with Altair, really killed the immersion for me.

EliaSoZ said:
Let's just hope the voice actor won't have an American accent that sticks out like they did with Altair, really killed the immersion for me.
Everyone complained about that, but it didn't bother me. I figured, since your hearing it as if Desmond was saying it, since it's all pretty much in his mind anyway, you would hear it as if he was speaking.

Longo_2_guns said:
EliaSoZ said:
Let's just hope the voice actor won't have an American accent that sticks out like they did with Altair, really killed the immersion for me.
Everyone complained about that, but it didn't bother me. I figured, since your hearing it as if Desmond was saying it, since it's all pretty much in his mind anyway, you would hear it as if he was speaking.

you're*

Wasn't it supposed to be one of his ancestors? Which means they should speak as they speak then? What you said crossed my mind too, but it still sucked regardless.

It was one of his ancestors...But it was still all taking place in Desmond's head, since the Animus is just playing it in his head only...

I don't know I didn't find his voice to be a problem either

If you're going to have mental hurdles with the accent then you should also have them with the fact that he was speaking American, but no, that was mostly gladly accepted as reasonable because the mind the events were recurring in didn't know Arabic. Probably shouldn't nitpick the extremities while ignoring the more internal workings, but since it was just a natural response, can't blame you.
So, really, if the character has a horrible Italian accent and still has the diction and word choice of my neighbor, then I'll be pissed about that even if other people might be happy. Still sounds like a possibly great and entertaining game, so I give it four anticipatory high fives out of a possible five.

Wow, looks like a much better game. They've really gone in and fixed all the big flaws in the first one... ESPECIALLY doing the same missions over and over and over. Jeez, that was annoying.

Longo_2_guns said:
So check this out. They already released a bunch of info on Assassin's Creed 2.

- You'll have a ton of new weapons to choose from including an axe, a hammer, a mace, a spear, 2 different sword types, a spear axe, and 2 smaller blades
- You CAN swim
- Da Vincis workshop is in the game
- Locations include Saint Marks Basilica, The Grand Canal, The Little Canal, and the Rialto bridge.
- The game opens in 1476, Altair is from 1191
- So you do indeed play as a new ancestor of Altair / Desmond
-You will see the countryside of Tuscany
- The "Auditore" family is mentioned
- The main characters name is Ezio Auditore de Firenze
- He is a nobleman of Florence
- Big characters are in the game including Machiavelli, Caterina Sofrza, and Lorenzo de Medici
- YOU DO INDEED GLIDE on Da Vincis flying machine.
- Game will feature a new notoriety system that governs how enemy soldiers and people will treat you.
- You can disarm enemies and use their own weapons against them this time.
- Each weapon has a special move.
- 16 unique mission types.
- No more ease dropping or pick pocketing missions.
- If you get beat up to much you will need to see a street side doctor to regain full strength.
- Hidden objects (like flags in the first one) are there to uncover but this time if you track them down you will get in-game bonuses that make it worth your time.
- Items include, flags, statues, and gold coins and more that isnt mentioned.
- New enemy types with unique attitudes and weaknesses are present in the game. Archers are mentioned, as well as elite enemies, dagger wielders, "Brutish" armored troops with heavy armor and 2 handed swords and axes, and an intelligent halberd enemy will probe hiding places with their weapons if they think you're near by.
- While hiding in a hay bail you can assassinate people this time, but it may expose your position.
- You can still climb towers and ride horses
- The Lorendo de Medici assassination attempt is in the game.
- There is now a night and day sequence in the game.
- 240 people are working on this title.

Amazing. I'm getting this game.

Link: http://www.destructoid.com/first-info-o ... 8198.phtml

is it new?

i only hear it now what kind of game is that?

I don't have a problem with some games being easy. Not everything needs to be a serious challenge. If it delivers a solid experience, and being godly is part of that, then I see no problem.

used44 said:
I don't have a problem with some games being easy. Not everything needs to be a serious challenge. If it delivers a solid experience, and being godly is part of that, then I see no problem.

i really do agree with you!!

that Not everything needs to be a serious challenge.

it is all for fun!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod