Assassin's Creed 2

I agree with Boringman it makes no sense at all the only thing i can come up with is that its around the Renaissance time and shows gadgets for the assassins and thats it

I like Assassin's Creed a LOT. I have more achievements for that game than for any other, if that tells you anything. I'll watch this later.

Don't judge a game by a teaser- you don't even know what the game is about, its similar to the Bioshock 2 trailer, you couldn't honestly assume what Bioshock 2 was until they released some details.

I'm excited for sure. The first was one was really open and fun. I'm pretty sure that it's not a bionic man, but simply a secret blade attached to his arm. I actually think this teaser trailer is quite well done. I'm a lot more interested then I was before. I found Assasin's Creed a little repetitive, and after my save file screwed up I gave up on it. This is the first thing I've seen about it and I admit it got me excited. Better then the waste of time COD: Modern Warfare 2 teaser.

That trailer makes perfect sense if you have a keen mind. And luckily, I have enough keen mind for the whole forums.

Yeah, the "bionic" arm is the secret blade, which is shown in pieces in the beginning of the teaser. But what I think they're getting at with the DaVinci drawing and the part of his sketch for a glider is that the game is going to take place in Renaissance times, likely in Europe, using weapons from the first game as well as 16th century technologies.

I'm calling it now.

I was honestly thinking the same thing as Longo.

The "bionic arm" in my opinion looks like a reference to the wrist blade weapon found in the first game. It will probably come into play once again (considering it was a sort of "signature weapon" so to speak), perhaps... newly designed maybe? Strangely I also noticed that on the hand of the "bionic" arm, the wedding finger (I might be wrong on which finger exactly but you know - the finger that is cut off) looks like it isn't cut off, since the skeletal hand with the blade over it has five perfectly long, normal fingers.

The constant hazing suggests the futuristic element to the game. I'm suspecting that once again the main story will be in the past, being seen through the eyes of someone in the future/present time using the Animus device as seen in the first game. Would it be Desmond Miles once again, or someone else?

I'm guessing with the whole... Leonardo da Vinci thing going on, the main plot will be set in another time line, set further in the future (but still the past). As Longo said, the 15th-16th century? If this is the case, then players will probably be playing as a new character and not Altaí¯r and more importantly, the location of the game would probably be elsewhere too. Somewhere in Europe and not the Middle East?

That wing also has some possible suggestion. It could be suggesting that (again, as Longo said) the game will be allowing the player to take advantage of the technology found in such time line with fictional uses (for example... considering the gliding wing, perhaps the player may be able to glide with some sort of winged device?). Altaí¯r's sorta, "symbol" was an eagle and I noticed that the wing in the trailer looked like a bat's wing, so perhaps if there is a new character... his/her "symbol" could be a bat (no, not Batman)? Maybe if it's a bat, this could imply game play that takes place during the night, or perhaps entirely in night (since Assassin's Creed, the first one was always set with the sun up... right? I forgot).

I went completely nerdo on trying to analyze the trailer, but such influence comes from GameTrailers.com and their methods of analyzing trailers. Hopefully they'll release a trailer analysis soon.

Master_Craig said:
The "bionic arm" in my opinion looks like a reference to the wrist blade weapon found in the first game. It will probably come into play once again (considering it was a sort of "signature weapon" so to speak), perhaps... newly designed maybe? Strangely I also noticed that on the hand of the "bionic" arm, the wedding finger (I might be wrong on which finger exactly but you know - the finger that is cut off) looks like it isn't cut off, since the skeletal hand with the blade over it has five perfectly long, normal fingers.
I noticed the finger thing too. Another thing I think is that the new blade might be longer, since instead of being one thin blade it appears to be a thin blade inside a larger one that will slide out to form one bigger blade, in a kind of toy lightsaber kind of way.

I'm going nerdo again. ;)

but I think you've got a good idea there, Longo. Maybe with this modification of the wrist blade (it's only obvious the blade would be "upgraded" since... times change and technology improves) so maybe instead of just the assassination weapon, it could be used for actual combat? :S

I hope so. The counters with the hidden blade were the coolest in the first game. Also, one thing I hope for is a crossbow that I can aim. I want to be able to shoot people before they see me.

can not wait for this game. also what i get from the trailer is that since it takes place during the renaissance is that they are looking for the holy grail since assassin's creed is steeped in religion, and the templars don't think it exists. and then there is the fact that davinci is synoumouns with religion right now.

I really hope this game isn't as repetitive as the first. I really enjoyed it but by the end I just wanted to finish. New game play elements would be great.

I think it'd be cool to see some new elements. A cross bow for long range assassination, gliding wings for er, gliding... night time gameplay could be cool too, could really make for some Thief-style stealth. Dunno if they'd do it but oh well. Just some thoughts. :p

Do want. Also hope that they'll mix it up and you'll get to use Desmond for some missions. The first game left you on such a flat note that I really didn't expect to use the Animus at all during the next.

Well, Desmond does come from a long line of Assassins. My biggest hope is that in the 3rd game, you play as Desmond who has collected powers of the Assassins from Altair and the new guy(?) and you play in an urban environment.

By "collected powers" I suppose you mean he's explored his ancestors' memories enough to learn all their mad skills. Yes, that's what I'd hoped to see in this one, but now they're apparently going to keep pushing the 'playing in the past' concept.

Daggum, I need to play this game...the story is frickin' enticing.

I think that'd be cool, to be able to see (and play as, of course) Desmond with his acquired "powers" from the Animus (from Altair, I mean) and playing in a modern day, urban environment. But at the same time I suppose that raises more questions like... guns and stuff. :p

The first Assassin's Creed I honestly wasn't that fond of. For a video game I found it repetitive, some parts strange and I couldn't stand Altair's voice and dialog. But at the same time I really respect the developers and the actual game itself because in my opinion when Assassin's Creed first came out - it was groundbreaking and revolutionary.

They did an amazing job with the first Assassin's Creed, so with a second one in the works the only way for them to go is up. Unlike the first game, I'll be attempting to watch this one with a careful, keen eye. :p

Hopefully they add some depth to take away from some of the repetitiveness of the first one. I'd like to be able to actually kill someone using stealth and not have to escape from the guards everytime as well.

^Yeah, not having random, worthless people in every single nook and cranny of the cities would help, and dumping bodies into containers would be awesome as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod