Assassin's Creed 3

The_Joker

Rookie
I didn't see a topic on it, so...who else is excited?

I enjoy the series and have a great interest in seeing how the plot ends. Even though I personally have seen almost all of the stuff I care about already resolved by the time of Brotherhood, the AC storyline is quite a bit of fun and I can't wait to see how it ends.

TBH Revelations disappointed me a little bit, mostly plotwise. The gameplay was great, it added a major gameplay mechanic that worked well. But after the massive conspiracy theory revealed in 2 and the additions they made to that in BH, I wanted more out of Revelations.

I think a mid 1750s America angle on AC is gonna be great.

I never played AC much before Brotherhood, but mechanically, it's been one of my favorite series. I'm just glad there's finally a game set near the Revolutionary War. It's my favorite time period, but there's never been a GOOD game for that era.

This is one of the few games I'm likely to buy this year.

I'll rent it one the weekends I go back to my parents and beat it. I refuse to spend 60 dollars on a game. Refuse.

I'm glad that it's not just set during the war, but also before and after. I'm guessing that means that not all Templars are British, since, well, they're gone after the war is over.

The_Joker said:
Ac2 stated that george washington was a templar.

Huh. I don't remember that. I remember seeing a picture of him with an Apple of Eden, but I don't remember it being stated that he was a templar. It's been a long time since I played AC2 though.

NickKmet said:
The_Joker said:

Huh. I don't remember that. I remember seeing a picture of him with an Apple of Eden, but I don't remember it being stated that he was a templar. It's been a long time since I played AC2 though.

IIRC the logic was, GW got the apple from the Freemasons, and the Freemasons were an organization that supported the Templars. GW's apple was passed down through every American President, all of whom were Templars until JFK.

The_Joker said:
NickKmet said:
The_Joker said:

IIRC the logic was, GW got the apple from the Freemasons, and the Freemasons were an organization that supported the Templars. GW's apple was passed down through every American President, all of whom were Templars until JFK.

Ahh. ok. Interesting.

In any case I'm not sure what advances they can make in terms of gameplay, although I'm sure the 200-250 year jump (or whatever) will bring something like superior stealth guns.

I'm more interested in wrapping up the storyline.

The_Joker said:
I'm more interested in wrapping up the storyline.

Well the franchise definitely won't be going anywhere. It would be nice for them to wrap up Desmond's story though.

I personally want the series to be over after AC3. The series was set up to end after 12/21/12 and come to a climax surrounding the events of that day, with the coming disaster from the solar flare, abstergo's launch of the satellite, and everything else. That is supposed to be the grand finale, and if that story isn't wrapped up by the end of AC3 it shouldn't take any more than one or two extra games (like how BH and Revelations was for AC2) to wrap up Connor's story and the modern story at the same time.

If there was an AC4 I'd assume it would probably be 'hey, you can play as another one of Desmond's ancestors, but the modern-day crisis was already averted in AC3, so you're just doing it for the sake of having fun and assassinating people'. Which sounds more like a portable game than an actual main game.

I just don't want the series to drag on and turn into a 'Gotta Catch Em All' saga after the 2012 disaster with tracking down every PoE. In theory that could be good for dozens of games but would get old and add nothing to the intrigue of the story since the climax already happened.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle