Defiance: Enter the Castithan

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by TheJx4, May 18, 2013.

1. TheJx4

TheJx4 Rookie

Following the release of patch 1.020, Defiance will be receiving its first helping of DLC. The general information, with a few specifics here and there, were disclosed on the community blog. I've looked through tweets, forum posts, watch the livestreams (including Across the Badlands), and compiled all of the known information. I also added some other information that isn't directly related to DLC.

Short version:
    3 new game modes, new weapon class/contains 4 weapon types, 4 player vehicle, new playable race, new storyline mission, UI changes, voice packs, general game improvements

From the website:

2. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Can't wait. If all the DLC's sound as robust as this one I might just treat myself to the season pass.

3. TheJx4

TheJx4 Rookie

Sieges go live on monday.

[​IMG]

4. drathbone

drathbone Regular

Was there details on what sieges were?

5. TheJx4

TheJx4 Rookie

I have two threads with information compiled from the livestream that airs after every episode. Details on Sieges included.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.p ... -Info-Dump
    http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?72588-(5-20)-Across-the-Badlands-DLC-1-Info-Dump

So, they start sorta like arkfalls. You'll be notified of what location to head to, and you'll basically be attacking/defending key areas. They also said there will be other optional objectives, and multiple stages of a Siege that get more difficult as you progress.

Here's the in-game description:
    "Sieges are special events which task players with capturing and defending objectives while fighting hordes of enemies. Once the siege event is kicked off, players have a limited time to increase their score by capturing objectives and by defeating enemies. Kill enemies to progress stages. Later stages have more enemies, more enemies means more points, more points mean better rewards!"