Anyone into Fitness? Weightlifting?

Video games suck anyway. The major graphics leap is over and when there's always a new FPS around the corner they're bound to be clones of clones.
These days it seems you're just paying for nostalgic reasons, like paying to keep your favorite childhood dev team or franchise alive.
Who cares?

Find time for your art if you want, but video games is a great habit to break if you're looking to make time to stay in shape.

Optimus-Crime said:
Video games suck anyway. The major graphics leap is over and when there's always a new FPS around the corner they're bound to be clones of clones.
These days it seems you're just paying for nostalgic reasons, like paying to keep your favorite childhood dev team or franchise alive.
Who cares?

Find time for your art if you want, but video games is a great habit to break if you're looking to make time to stay in shape.

In a sense, you're right.

I must disagree about the games, with respect. I love video games. But with full time work, Judo/gym and attempting a half arsed attempt at a social life, it's difficult to get time to play them. Regarding the art, I do need to make time... I'm trying to turn it into a full time career and get away from my current job. :p

Games though can be a massive time waster... I mean sure they're fun and engaging but you can lose so much time doing productive stuff. When I was overweight and didn't do exercise, I used to play so many games, so often... geeze no wonder I was fat. :p

That's a great success story. 229 is right around where my ideal weight would be. I've been gaining again, but because I'm trying to and I'm back to around 290-295. Put on quite a bit of muscle this last bulk period, and soon I'm going to go back to a cutting phase and try to get down to around 250-260. Then I'll rinse and repeat the bulk, then cut again until I can get to 230ish with 10% or lower bodyfat.

When I started, these goals seemed like nothing more than a dream. But I've really made astounding progress that I didn't think I'd be capable of considering my back issues, hormonal issues, and generally sedentary lifestyle.

I've been enjoying it, which makes it easier to stick with my program and diet, making a world of difference with results.

I hope this thread hangs around and people continue to post their progress and/or other people decide to jump on board.

Master_Craig said:
I used to be super overweight. Weighed 128kg (282 pounds) by January 2009. I got into Judo though and lost 32kg (about 70 pounds) in nine months. I originally took up Judo to learn self defence and had no idea it would make me lose crazy weight, but best decision I ever made. At the moment though, I weigh 104kg (229 pounds).

After my weight loss... I was pretty thin, so last year a friend of mine convinced me to start up weight training with him at the gym. I gained muscle and mass, looked better but... it wasn't practical. I went to the National Australian Judo championships, fought in the under 100kg division and I got STOMPED. While down there, some of the guys told me that I should invest in explosive power lifting for weights training.

At the moment I personally train in Judo two to three times a week, then I'm at the gym three times a week as well. Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons I'm at the gym, Tuesday and Thursday nights I'm at Judo, Saturday morning I'm at Judo - if I wake up on time. :p On Saturday or Sunday, I'll go for a run generally in the afternoon.

I used to go to the gym five times a week but I found going to the gym and then straight to Judo, I would be wrecked. I'd get so tired too quickly and my technique would go down the drain... so now I'm trying three times a week to see if that improves my performance and learning at Judo.

Mondays for weights and power lifting I focus on chest, Wednesday is back, Friday is legs (my favourite). I don't do much core work at the gym, because it's a part of Judo. Judo also does cardio for me. After the weights (I spent about an hour-ish weight training) I'll spend about half an hour throwing my 120 pound grappling dummy - http://a248.e.akamai.net/origin-cdn.vol ... 1325187182 - 120 pounds doesn't sound like much but... it's dead weight, so when you pull it off the ground, you have to keep it standing, when you pull it off balance to throw, you have to keep it up. I use the dummy to try and practice technique, but throwing and dragging the dummy in itself is a good workout.

One problem about all this fitness... less time for my art and video games. :(

well done craig.

cant agree with the video game thing though. i don't see how any average person can't fit video games into their life. still plenty of time for social hour, work, fitness. and i've always found it just goes perfectly with living a healthy lifestyle because you get so much rest/recovery for optimal muscle gain lol.

but it's not like you're missing anything either, if you can get by without them all the power to ya. i just personally think i'll be playing video games until i no longer can.. i wanna be schoolin my grand kids some day.

i'm a very, very competitive person. and i think that's what always got me hooked on video games. it's the easiest way to compete with other people... rather than sitting watching tv i'd always much rather be breakin best scores and such as a kid, and now of course just directly competing.

if i'm at home with nothing to do, video games will always be my first choice because I like the competition.

Maybe that gaming issue is for another topic. I've felt that way about it for some time now. I'm seriously burnt out on gaming for the most part. Though I did spend 50 cents on a game of SNK vs Capcom Chaos in a mall arcade a couple of days ago...but only because I was killing time while getting my watch repaired.
Slag off, video games. I don't need you anymore.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod