Getting F-I-T!

madster111 said:
Caesar Salad and Monster energy at lunch :)P).

I dunno if you knew this, but that's probably the most unhealthy combo you could ingest. A Cesar salad has more fat than a steak dinner and Energy drinks have enough sugar to put someone into a diabetic coma and leads to caffeine dependency. Monster itself contains the same amount of caffeine that is in 3 cups of coffee.

The best thing to drink is always water. Try replacing you Cesar salad with a Greek salad, or even better, a garden salad. If you need a boost to keep going try replacing the Monster drink with a coffee until you're no longer dependent on a caffeine boost.

Also a good source of protein can keep you going such as a healthy grilled chicken sub or smoked turkey. Also, a good assortment of vitamins every morning will work wonders.

energy drinks also give you the rusty water effect.

Just thought I'd add that in :p

I'll agree on the Monster. But fat isn't always bad. You need fat, definitely essential fats (make sure you get more omega-3 fats than omega-6s to reduce inflammation and other stuff).

When I'm lifting and working out more I usually have a BAS (big-ass salad) every lunch. Tons of lettuce and veggies with avocados or eggs and certainly not light dressing. The dressing is usually olive oil+vinegar with chia seeds, but I'd like to add flax oil, too.

Yes, you need fat but the right amount is what's key.

Surely you would agree your "BAS" is a better choice than a Cesar salad.

Probably, if it's a typical cesar salad. You can always make your own cesar salad and make it healthier than the typical one, too. I almost always make my own meals.

That's very true, making your own meals is beneficial both nutritional wise and financial wise.

Although eating out is a very sociable thing to do (in before "that's what she said") and I usually find myself at restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner with co-workers and friends.

Ted_Wolff said:
I'll agree on the Monster. But fat isn't always bad. You need fat, definitely essential fats (make sure you get more omega-3 fats than omega-6s to reduce inflammation and other stuff).

Agreed!

Avocado, almonds, natural peanut butter, egg whites are your friends.

Green_Lantern said:
The activity that I did the past two summers averages about 12000 calories burned a day. But it screwed up my knee pretty bad so I haven't been able to do as much since then as I would like.

Here's a video of a typical drum corps rehearsal....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAva0sYc_JA
Just imagine that for 7 - 12 hours a day

a 3500 calorie deficit is = to 1 pound of bodyweight lost. so say you were taking in 6000 calories a day which is HUGE, u'd still almost be burning almost 2 lbs. of bodyweight per day.

1200 calories is more realistic

i dont have any real weights aside from 5kg dumbells, so i just mainly do pushups, chinups, pullups and dips. Nothing hardcore but it prevents my arms from dwindling.

You'd be surprised how much you can get out of some 30 lb weights, a giant rubber band and some running shoes...I also think MacGuyver used that stuff to take down a HIND. When I'm feeling motivated I stick to running, swimming and wrestling. Then I get to the gym 2-3 days a week.

But diet is key.

Wes said:
madster111 said:
Caesar Salad and Monster energy at lunch :)P).

I dunno if you knew this, but that's probably the most unhealthy combo you could ingest. A Cesar salad has more fat than a steak dinner and Energy drinks have enough sugar to put someone into a diabetic coma and leads to caffeine dependency. Monster itself contains the same amount of caffeine that is in 3 cups of coffee.

I know, but i love me some Caesar Salad, and when you're constantly running on 4.5 hours sleep, you need the Monster ;)

Besides, the amount of stuff i lift during the day more than balances it out..

madster111 said:
I know, but i love me some Caesar Salad, and when you're constantly running on 4.5 hours sleep, you need the Monster ;)
Dude, you're going to die. Seriously, that kind of lifestyle is going to kill you.

It'll give him epilepsy that's for sure. Lots of full on energy drinks like relentless and monster can do that to people.

Lethean said:
Oh another good nutrition tip is to always substitute lettuce with spinach.

Man, I love spinach. Couple it with some citrus to maximize iron absorption, too. I'm fond of putting spinach in smoothiesâ€â€

Madster, Caesar salad's alright, but I run on about 4 hours of sleep nightly and rarely (once-twice per week) drink anything caffeinated or high on sugar. And I feel more rested than my friend who guzzles Red Bulls like a fiend, and consistently gets 8-10 hours of sleep per night. I'd suggest you try sticking to only water for a week, keep your regular sleeping pattern, and see how you feel.

madster111 said:
Besides, the amount of stuff i lift during the day more than balances it out..

Diet is everything though. Unless you have a great metabolism or are Asian then eating like shit but still doing exercise won't get you maximum results.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle