And one generation draws to the end...

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/02 ... 59493.html

I don't really have much to say, just wanted to share this because I think it is important to remember these people and the sacrifices made. There are now no more WW1 vets, and it won't be that much longer before we have no veterans left from the Second World War.

Basically, if you know someone who served, you have an obligation to attempt to learn as much about it as they are willing to share. Cause as time passes, these memories and stories tend to fade into the distance.

So, farewell to the last of the WW1 generation.

Couldn't they have at least shaven her beard before taking the photo? Clippers would have sufficed.

But I hear you. I have a venerable WW2 vet in my family, and I always take pride in our meetings. Time's marching on.

“I will come to a time in my backwards trip when November eleventh, accidentally my birthday, was a sacred day called Armistice Day. When I was a boy, all the people of all the nations which had fought in the First World War were silent during the eleventh minute of the eleventh hour of Armistice Day, which was the eleventh day of the eleventh month.

“It was during that minute in nineteen hundred and eighteen, that millions upon millions of human beings stopped butchering one and another. I have talked to old men who were on battlefields during that minute. They have told me in one way or another that the sudden silence was the voice of God. So we still have among us some men who can remember when God spoke clearly to mankind."

-Kurt Vonnegut

soldier-salutes.jpg

Salute.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle