2011 Oscars

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by Shaft, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Wes

Wes Rookie

Another Oscar year, another show where a bunch of old farts demand which movie is truly the best of the year.

2. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

:brow2:

yes, what dude hint disdain?

3. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

Cynical much? I don't flock to them...Not sure who else does on these forums.... I tuned in to see who was winning for best actor and director, the only two categories I remotely care about. And they USED to be enjoyable back when I didn't get tired of a bunch of overpaid people kissing each others asses. PS. The Dude is Jeff Bridges....Dude. The Big Lebowski.

4. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

not really, it's just what i see every year.

for the material they're given i think the hosts have almost always done a respectable job, james franco excluded. i don't know what people expect.

i hear rumors james franco and anne hathaway now hate each other tho, their publicists deny it i guess, but it would make sense, based on the way they acted together.

it's the boring music, the long drawn out pictures of actors who have passed away that no one cares about (not that they shouldn't do it), the long speeches by people nobody cares about or even knows, etc. that makes the oscars boring.not the hosts, theres nothing they can do about it. though i felt personally they cut everything a lot shorter this year. and they need to keep kirk douglas alive and have him present an award again next year, i'll watch for sure.

5. GRColin

GRColin Rookie

I think the only good thing about the Oscars themselves (aside from maybe a good speech - which is increasingly rare) is the opening montage. And again, James Franco was disinterested and seemed somewhere else...But Anne Hathaway was particularly fake and see through. Anyone who says otherwise isn't very perceptive.

6. BlackStar

BlackStar Rookie

If Three-six mafia can win an academy award, anyone can. I think it's inspiring and sends a message that we can all make it in Hollywood for the small small price of your soul.

Hey, times are tough and it's hard out here for a pimp.

7. Chris_Crime

Chris_Crime Rookie

Not knocking Triple 6 Mafia, but that whole Academy Award "thing" felt very, eh, unnatural.
    Forced even.
    [​IMG]"Look, sonny, we're still with it. Triple 6 Mafia wins!"

And what better way to prove you're not "with it" than by choosing Triple 6 Mafia for anything. It was 2006, long after Slob on my Knob like Corn on the Cob, Late nite tip... all that stuff.

lol slob on my knob. the 90s were awesome.

8. Delorean88

Delorean88 Rookie

Honestly I never really cared about the Oscars until year last which that year I had a moderate level of interest. This year I really did care and was intrigued but I will admit the ceremony itself is something that if you don't care for more than the 2 main categories or isn't a film buff it would be boring. But obviously some people who don't fit those categories can find joy in the awards but the hosts have to be entertaining. Anne, that poor girl, tried to carry the show but Franco was, was he high? Too nervous to function? Was he still nauseous from cutting his arm off? Who knows but at the beginning of the show I thought it was a joke but it continued and it made me mad because I respect and like Franco and I didn't want reasons not too.

I was disappointed that Social Network lost best picture I thought they had that in the bag (never saw Kings Speech but I want to). Kings Speech I hear is a great movie but I just loved Social Network and I stand by it. Original Screenplay should of went to Inception, whether you liked it or not I personally feel the imaginative world of the story should of been award worthy than Kings Speech which (I don't know for sure). I bet that script was hard to write
    King: I ccaaa.... caaannn..... caannnnn'tttttt spppp.... ssspp... ssspppeee.... sspeaak!!

But whatever it probably deserved it and if I watch it I might understand. David Fincher deserved best director.....

9. intoTheRain

intoTheRain Regular

thankyou.. someone who likes Franco, but isn't delusional.