2011 Oscars

Another Oscar year, another show where a bunch of old farts demand which movie is truly the best of the year.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Longo_2_guns said:
Wait, people actually watched it?
You guys actually watched it?

You guys are a bunch of fags. And that is coming from a guy that voluntarily has sex with men.

Still up for thursday, we can watch wrasslin' with chris and have a orgy.

Longo_2_guns said:
Yeah yeah... I'll be there.

:brow2:

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
Meh. Franco seemed high and introduced the dude with a hint of disdain. Both hosts were sub-par.

introduced what dude with a hint of disdain

yes, what dude hint disdain?

intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:
Meh. Franco seemed high and introduced the dude with a hint of disdain. Both hosts were sub-par.

and lets face it, every single year the oscars come on everybody bitches the next day about how terrible they are and how awful the hosts were. noone has ever enjoyed them, yet everyone flocks to them like flys to s*** yearly like they're supposed to witness something magnificent. and then are let down when it was just as terrible as every single year before.

Cynical much? I don't flock to them...Not sure who else does on these forums.... I tuned in to see who was winning for best actor and director, the only two categories I remotely care about. And they USED to be enjoyable back when I didn't get tired of a bunch of overpaid people kissing each others asses. PS. The Dude is Jeff Bridges....Dude. The Big Lebowski.

Lethean said:
intoTheRain said:
Lethean said:

and lets face it, every single year the oscars come on everybody bitches the next day about how terrible they are and how awful the hosts were. noone has ever enjoyed them, yet everyone flocks to them like flys to s*** yearly like they're supposed to witness something magnificent. and then are let down when it was just as terrible as every single year before.

Cynical much? I don't flock to them...Not sure who else does on these forums.... I tuned in to see who was winning for best actor and director, the only two categories I remotely care about. And they USED to be enjoyable back when I didn't get tired of a bunch of overpaid people kissing each others asses. PS. The Dude is Jeff Bridges....Dude. The Big Lebowski.

not really, it's just what i see every year.

for the material they're given i think the hosts have almost always done a respectable job, james franco excluded. i don't know what people expect.

i hear rumors james franco and anne hathaway now hate each other tho, their publicists deny it i guess, but it would make sense, based on the way they acted together.

it's the boring music, the long drawn out pictures of actors who have passed away that no one cares about (not that they shouldn't do it), the long speeches by people nobody cares about or even knows, etc. that makes the oscars boring.not the hosts, theres nothing they can do about it. though i felt personally they cut everything a lot shorter this year. and they need to keep kirk douglas alive and have him present an award again next year, i'll watch for sure.

I think the only good thing about the Oscars themselves (aside from maybe a good speech - which is increasingly rare) is the opening montage. And again, James Franco was disinterested and seemed somewhere else...But Anne Hathaway was particularly fake and see through. Anyone who says otherwise isn't very perceptive.

If Three-six mafia can win an academy award, anyone can. I think it's inspiring and sends a message that we can all make it in Hollywood for the small small price of your soul.

Hey, times are tough and it's hard out here for a pimp.

Not knocking Triple 6 Mafia, but that whole Academy Award "thing" felt very, eh, unnatural.
Forced even.
24fjloz.gif
"Look, sonny, we're still with it. Triple 6 Mafia wins!"

And what better way to prove you're not "with it" than by choosing Triple 6 Mafia for anything. It was 2006, long after Slob on my Knob like Corn on the Cob, Late nite tip... all that stuff.

lol slob on my knob. the 90s were awesome.

Honestly I never really cared about the Oscars until year last which that year I had a moderate level of interest. This year I really did care and was intrigued but I will admit the ceremony itself is something that if you don't care for more than the 2 main categories or isn't a film buff it would be boring. But obviously some people who don't fit those categories can find joy in the awards but the hosts have to be entertaining. Anne, that poor girl, tried to carry the show but Franco was, was he high? Too nervous to function? Was he still nauseous from cutting his arm off? Who knows but at the beginning of the show I thought it was a joke but it continued and it made me mad because I respect and like Franco and I didn't want reasons not too.

I was disappointed that Social Network lost best picture I thought they had that in the bag (never saw Kings Speech but I want to). Kings Speech I hear is a great movie but I just loved Social Network and I stand by it. Original Screenplay should of went to Inception, whether you liked it or not I personally feel the imaginative world of the story should of been award worthy than Kings Speech which (I don't know for sure). I bet that script was hard to write
King: I ccaaa.... caaannn..... caannnnn'tttttt spppp.... ssspp... ssspppeee.... sspeaak!!

But whatever it probably deserved it and if I watch it I might understand. David Fincher deserved best director.....

Delorean88 said:
Anne, that poor girl, tried to carry the show but Franco was, was he high? Too nervous to function? Was he still nauseous from cutting his arm off? Who knows but at the beginning of the show I thought it was a joke but it continued and it made me mad because I respect and like Franco and I didn't want reasons not too.

thankyou.. someone who likes Franco, but isn't delusional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod