2007 - No Country For Old Men
2006 - The Departed
2005 - Crash
2004 - Million Dollar Baby
2003 - LOTR
2002 - Chicago
2001 - A Beautiful Mind
2000 - Gladiator

In The last 10 years, the only possibly pretentious indie flick that won was Slumdog Millionaire.

It's not as bad as you think people!

derp, a good list of movies I might say

I loved all those except for Chicago. Fuck that movie :p

Lethean said:
Chicago was the gayest thing since Tom Cruise.

the closest thing ive watched to a musical is tangled.. and im not gonna lie, i enjoyed tangled.

i watched Moon today, and it was amazing. hadn't hear much about it.... but i should have.. Sam Rockwell is a pimp. and Clint Mansell did the score.. made it that much better.

Moon is indeed pretty good. I saw it in theater with a bunch of people who hated it. It was odd because I really liked it. I love Sam Rockwell too.

I dunno how you couldn't like that movie. Fresh enough story, superb acting, perfect musical score. I honestly don't really have a complaint for what it was. Maybe they could have held off on revealing the full story for a while longer to keep you guessing..

I'm sure there just weren't enough explosions for some people :p

Best movie I've seen in a while anyway!

Yeah Moon was excellent and an indie film I could actually get behind. I do wish they played off of the whole "is it his psyche or is he a clone" a bit more but other than that, a great five star film.

Moon was great, I'm glad they revealed the truth early on because it would've been too predictable to leave it up to a twist ending IMO.

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
...I just don't care. bunch of rich t*** giving out awards to other rich t*** is feckin' pointless.

The court jester has risen so mightily, whilst the educator is thrown under the bus. If any of these people had sense, they're live (quite well) off of a million, hell make it two a year and give the rest to people that "need" it. In fact, I bet brad pitt could halve the deficit alone.

Grumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumblegrumble

Well that's fine for you not to care, but I think you're being naí¯ve. How would you have them allocate their earnings?

The court jester has always been high, and I would not weep for some of my educators if they were thrown under the bus.

My Predictions for Best...
Picture - The King's Speech (although I anticipate punching someone when The Social Network takes it)
Director - Darren Aronofsky (for the kickass name)
Actress - ? (I haven't been interested in this category for some time)
Actor - Colin Firth (that guy)
Supporting Actress - Helena Bonham Carter (because I have a deep passion for her)
Supporting Actor - ? (not for disinterest, but for not even)
Foreign Language Film - I haven't seen them all, but people are all over Biutiful. I liked Incendies.
Editing - Black Swan
Documentary Feature - Exit Through the Gift Shop
Animated Feature Film - ? (didn't see 'em -- missed out)
Visual Effects - Harry Potter etc. (...what!?)
Original Song - We Belong Together (I don't really like any of them, but)
Original Score - The Social Network
Cinematography - Black Swan
[Skipping a whole bunch of categories]
Short Film (Animated) - THE LOST THING :D

While Reznor is great and all...That sound track doesn't even come close to either Inception or HtTYD OSTs

Sightless said:
Picture - The King's Speech (although I anticipate punching someone when The Social Network takes it)
This. So goddamn much.

The rest I don't really care about.

Looks like Sightless and Longo called it. The King's Speech won best picture, best director, best screenplay and best actor.

.....what a load of crap. I mean it's not a bad movie, but it doesn't derserve to win in ALL of those categories. And I'm not a raging Inception fanboy, out of the 10 movies nominated for best picture, I would've been happy with 6 of those winning... The King's Speech falls into the other 4.

The only winners I actually agree with are...
- Natalie Portman for best actress
- Christian Bale for best supporting actor
- Toy Story 3 for best animated film
- Trent Reznor for best score
- The Social Network for best adapted screenplay
- and Inception's awards for cinematography, sound and visual effects

So I'm kinda happy but felt other movies deserved the bigger awards.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod