GR Presidential Election 2008

Who would you like to be President of the United States?

• John McCain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barack Obama

• Bob Barr

• Charles Baldwin

• Cynthia McKinney

• Ralph Nader

• Total voters

kapow

Regular
alright everybody, lets see who GR wants to be president!

of course, no voting restrictions, just need a GR account(duhhh)

i suppose this will also be the election topic, not really for debating issues and things but for the election itself, i.e. discussing returns, predictions

so everyone, have fun, and may the best candidate win!

From these options I chose Obama. He and McCain are the only guys I know from that list.

Rekkie, it takes an extra day or so to count the absentee ballots, but a winner will probably be reasonably declared a few hours after the final polls close on the west coast.

I think we'll see a winner "called" at about 2am Eastern Time Wednesday morning. With the voter fraud of Ohio and Missouri, and some screwy things in the NC (NC and Missouri the 2 swing states to watch this year) I think it'll be some time to count the votes since they are going to need to count many more votes to call it this year. With Unions actually supporting McCain in Ohio now (at least among coal workers), things really are up in the air this year. The other problem is the amount of absentee and military ballots this year, which are going to make a real difference this election.

UrbanMasque said:
StalfrosCC said:
um..... i accidentally voted for mccain.... oops...

with those touch screen booths - that wil probably happen.

Why touch screens or chads anyhow? Why the hell not just use the A-E format like in school bubble(the whee little ovals and aren't they cute) testing, with the words "CHECK YOUR GOD DAMN ANSWERS, ESPECIALLY YOU FLORIDA" across the top?

I think the dead vote and cartoon land vote this year will really carry it for Obama.

It's weird to me that in every religion topic you make a point to stick up for religious people yet when it comes to something serious where you could really back up that talk about religion having a good influence on people you go off and call Obama by a name that is obviously meant to be derogatory.

I'm not saying a Christian can't be derogatory. Hell, I'd consider myself first in line when it comes to Christians who probably won't make it to the pearly gates, but it strikes me as almost goofy when you make comments like you do sometimes De-Ting.

This goes for anybody in the US who thinks they are spiritual or Christian and feel that Obama would be bad for the nation. Let's look at the catch phrase of the Republican party for the moment. "Spread the Wealth Around." Obama is going to share the wealth with all the poor people. Oh Noes. First off, it isn't going to happen exactly like you think it is going to happen. Second, there was a community organizer whose first plank, even before he started telling people his mission and who he was, was to SPREAD THE WEALTH around. Somebody needs to remember their fishes and loaves.

So it just strikes me as odd to hear these people profess a Christian life with their lips and then support such lying scoundrelism in the voting booth. I hope in 8 hours we have a better understanding of where this nation is going and I hope to God it isn't Palin/McCain.

This wasn't a rant just about you De-Ting, so don't get your knickers in a bundle. I actually like what you contribute very much, you just acted as a good spring board into a rant I've had bouncing around for a little bit after our spammer yesterday.

So it's almost midnight here. I go to bed knowing that when I wake up we'll only be a few hours away from knowing the results.

Good luck Obama. Make sure your voting people, if your of age and country.

I voted last week.

I proudly voted for Obama.

I hope everyone here at GR who is 18+ got out/is getting out to vote today.

Much <3.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle