82nd Academy Award nominations

GRColin

Rookie
http://www.imdb.com/features/rto/2010/oscars

Personally I want District 9 to win best picture even though I really enjoyed the Hurt Locker and loved Avatar and I'd like to see James Cameron to win for director - The directing of Avatar was top notch, even if the story was mediocre. For actor I'd like to see Colin Firth or Jeff Bridges take home the statue. Actress is hard to say. Supporting actor, Christoph Waltz, definitely. Sound editing - The Hurt Locker. Sound mixing - The Hurt Locker as well. As for visual effects either Avatar or Star Trek. Animated film - Up.

As long as Precious and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus gets any award, i won't complain.
Also Morgan freeman and James Cameron better get something as well. If neither of them will then George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino.
And why did Up came out this year? Darn it! I wanted Princess and the frog to win the animated award... F*** you Pixar! why do you make good heart warming movies!

Now for best picture, either District 9 for obvious reason or Inglorious basterds, cause that would be hilarious! (and it's actually pretty good!) But i'll keep my hat down for avatar for that one.

And i agree, Hurt locker for everything else!

I am glad that Up is nominated, and i'm sad that Invictus is not.

And frankly, a lot of the choices seem filler to me for best picture, which is a problem if you ask me because I don't like too many choices in the category, cause D9, Up, Up In the Air and a few others would likely be cut from that list.

My money is on Avatar or The Hurt Locker basically.

No one has seen The Fantastic Mr. Fox? I nominate that for best animated movie, most definitely.

StalfrosCC said:
Up In the Air is one of the movies that truly belongs on that list.

I actually switched that up with An Education, my bad.

Basically, my five would be.

Hurt Locker
Up
Up In the Air
Precious.

I like the diversity of the list, but I hate that a few of the movies seem like filler than anything else.

EliaSoZ said:
No one has seen The Fantastic Mr. Fox? I nominate that for best animated movie, most definitely.

I saw it, I liked it a lot, but it can't compare to Up. Anyways, I wanna see Waltz for supporting actor, D9, Basterds, or Up for Best Picture. Does anyone know why they doubled the number of nominees for Best Picture? It's cool to see movies that might not have made the top 5 cut in previous years (like, every one I listed), but they seems kinda unfair to nominate extra movies just to lose.

EliaSoZ said:
oh boy, yes. tsk-tsk *whistle*

Anyone seen Crazy Heart? It's only playing in our art district (i believe) but I hear only good things about that movie.

The only ones I really care about are District 9 for best picture and Fantastic Mr. Fox for best animated

I was watching the news and it said that they have padded the best picture category with five nominations that really shouldn't be there. It is just an attempt to score higher ratings. Ten best picture nominations? C'mon.

Nothing wrong with it. The Awards have lost a shit load of viewers over the years. This way they can please the art house independent crowd and the more mainstream. The end result will be the same - Catering to the masses with what the majority wants as opposed to what is most deserving and a bunch of self congratulating being done by celebrities.

I'm glad Sherlock Holmes is up for the best original score, also glad Star Trek got a few nominees as well.

I suggest that everyone watches The Cove (It's a documentary nominee) if you haven't cause it's a good movie.

The reason for ten nominees in the best film category is because they felt guilty for snubbing The Dark Knight.

Lien said:
As long as Precious and The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus gets any award, i won't complain.
Also Morgan freeman and James Cameron better get something as well. If neither of them will then George Clooney and Quentin Tarantino.
And why did Up came out this year? Darn it! I wanted Princess and the frog to win the animated award... F*** you Pixar! why do you make good heart warming movies!

Now for best picture, either District 9 for obvious reason or Inglorious basterds, cause that would be hilarious! (and it's actually pretty good!) But i'll keep my hat down for avatar for that one.

And i agree, Hurt locker for everything else!

Princess and the Frog would not have won, Fantastic Mr. Fox would have.

THE BLIND SIDE?! THE FUCKING BLIND SIDE IS NOMINATED FOR BEST PICTURE?! Great, now a bunch of idiots are going to be yelling in my ear about how a movie that told them exactly how to feel was the best movie of the year by far even though they only saw one movie this year.

Wait, nevermind. I forgot about Avatar. :wink:

(The winkface is because I wouldn't mind him getting best director, because the movie was well directed and he's a brilliant director. But I also think he should get the "Please Stop Writing" award to help him focus.)

District 9 is one of the first blu ray movies I've watched where the special effects didn't look hoakie compared to the real life people...so I hope it gets the nod for effects but I'm sure Avatar is already a lock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod