2006 Golden Globe nominations.

What surprises you most about these nominations?

• Ben Affleck's supporting actor nomination.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leonardo DiCaprio being nominated in the same category twice.

• Kiefer Sutherland & 24 is still getting nominations after 6 seasons.

• Helen Mirren for her duel nominations in the same category.

• Matt Damon's name is nowhere to be seen for his role in "The Departed".

• No nomination for Djimon Hounsou.

• All of the above.

• Total voters

Lethean

Rookie
http://imdb.com/features/rto/2007/globes

I'm for the most part pleased with the list, save for the exlcusion of Matt Damon for his work in "The Departed" and the lack of a nomination for Djimon Hounsou for his role in "Blood Diamond".

Here's something I never thought I'd see....

Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role in a Motion Picture
Nominees:

Ben Affleck for Hollywoodland (2006)

...Right alongside Jack NIcholson. (Mind you, I really enjoy Ben Affleck films.)

For best actor in a lead role, I'd love to see DiCaprio win for one of his roles, but I'd also like to see Forrest Whitaker and Will Smith win AND Peter O'Toole. It's a tough call for me.

And no nimations for "The Unit". That's unfortunate. Of course, it may not exactly be Golden Glove material...Not yet anyways.

Djimon Hounsou got no nominations, BLASPHEMY! Oh yeah, nothing for Damon either is real bad too.

And how the hell is 24 still getting nominations? THE SHOW IS NOT THAT GOOD ANYMORE! GIVE IT TO LOST!!

Leonardo DiCaprio is an absolutely brilliant actor. And he's one of the nicest guys in Hollywood to boot.

EDIT: Nah, actually, what he does goes beyond nice. That guy is like...man, what he did at the Blood Diamond shooting, and being humble about it, plus the slew of other awesome things he's done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle