So let me get this straight...Mark Whalberg is Max Payne?

Does this news turn you off from a Max Payne movie?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• I wasn't planning on seeing it anyways.

• Max Payne? More like Max GAYne. I never liked the game to begin with.

• Max who?

• Yes, but I'll still go see it.

• Total voters

Lethean

Rookie
Wow. I'm slightly irritated by the fact Mark Whalberg will be playing the role of Max Payne in the upcoming film based off the amazing video game. His voice doesn't fit, and neither does his acting.

I think what's worse, is the fact it's aiming for a PG-13 rating and...Mila Kunis is playing Mona Sax.

Mila Kunis? She's fine and all in Family Guy, and was alright in That 70s Show and the few times she appears on Robot Chicken...But Mona Sax?

As for the director, well I haven't seen "Flight of The Phoenix" but "Behind Enemy Lines" was...Mediocre I suppose.

Normally a saving grace is the writers but all the proven ones must have been on strike when this project started. The screenwriter is responsible for the "story" behind Saw IV, and did the screenplay for a film called "Striking Point" which has a stellar 5.6 rating on IMDB.

All of a sudden John Moore directing this film isn't looking so bad after all. I can even find it in me to have faith in Marky Mark after seeing his turn in "The Departed"...Still, he does not strike me as Max Payne. I have been wrong before however.

I always thought this guy would make a good max payne:

846c7ebd.jpg

(the dude from ugly betty)

I'd settle for mark though, just as long as he doesn't pull out his penis.

After "The Departed" my opinion of Whalberg changed.

I didn't think he could ever come across as a badass until I saw that movie. Still, this is aVG movie and I'm not surprised if it sucked.

Was Hitman any good? I don't even think Jason Staham could've saved it.

With the exception of Silent Hill, which was an awesome film until the halfway point, VG movies are cursed and cursed again.

I'm sure if Max Payne drank horse semen and put leeches on his eyes then Knoxville would be a great choice!

StalfrosCC said:
Leth- it scares me you even know of the "guy from Ugly Betty."

That is all.

Well obviously I'm in love with him; and want nothing more than lots and lots of gay sex with him. Afterwards we can argue over our carb intakes and watch the special features of our box-set of sex & the city. Wanna join us?

^ I agree, Marky Mark does indeed own. He'll be bringing some "good vibrations" to the role of Max Payne.

Lentium said:
I always thought this guy would make a good max payne:

846c7ebd.jpg

(the dude from ugly betty)

Yes, thank you, I've been saying this since I saw Eric Mabius (that's his name) in Resident Evil. He looks fucking spot on for Max, but leave it to Hollywood to cast that bumfuck Wahlberg. I expect him to sound quite wigger-ish, which is exactly how Max sounds...

With Marky Mark in it, and a projected PG-13 rating it just sounds like it's going to be cheesy.

Marky Mark is a decent actor. Okay, fine.

He just really doesn't look like and more importantly doesn't sound like Max Payne.
There's more to picking actors then being like "This guy can act, so he should be any character." I think Bruce Willis is a better candidate soley because he pulled off Max Payne's character in Sin City. I cant imagine Marky Mark acting film noir. He can act bad ass, sure. Depressed, sure. But a depressed bad ass? We'll see.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle