Green Lantern

Will Ryan Reynolds make a good Hal Jordan?

• Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Way!

• What's the Green Lantern?

• Total voters
No, because he's not black

the-black-green-lantern.jpg

50601-john_stewart_green_lantern.jpg

...dont steal our only super hero...

I want Nathan Fillion. Hopefully something bad happens to Ryan Reynolds and Fillion can take his place.

I'm pretty sure they only used the black Green Lantern to abide by affirmative action laws.

"Sorry Hal and Kyle, in order for us to continue receiving government funding we need to diversify"

'What about Batman, he's rich?"

"He's still pissed about Aquaman asking him what he did for Father's Day...tightwad."

UrbanMasque said:

Marvel has tons of black superheroes. And yes, I can name a lot of them because I'm a fucking comic geek.

When was the last time you saw a black person in Naruto? Or actually a Japanese person...

Anyways, Hal Jordan has to be the green lantern because he is the silver age Lantern, and the most iconic. Though don't get me wrong, I would have loved to have seen Alan Scott.

Afro Samurai.

The 8-tails in Naruto.

The blind guy from Bleach.

That's it though.

Rakon said:
I want Nathan Fillion. Hopefully something bad happens to Ryan Reynolds and Fillion can take his place.

if something happens to Ryan Reynolds, Justin Timberlake would probably get the part. Be careful what you wish for.

Ryan Reynolds is the shit.

Bishop is the only semi cool one we have, (Barrent is not a superhero) Blade is decent, but not up there with superman and batman - the green lantern is. Afro samuri is a joke - the best black Samurai was the guy who died in the 4th episode of Samurai Champloo.

Look either make Ryan Renolds Deadpool or Lantern.. that greedy bastard cant have both.

I guess the inverse would be how Kingpin was played by a black actor (in Daredevil), though it absolutely ruined the character's background and tone.

Nick Fury in the movies is played by Sam Jackson (and not the Hoff as it once was), but I used to read Cage so
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luke_Cage said:
A film adaptation of Luke Cage is in development for Marvel Studios and Columbia Pictures, with John Singleton directing.
.. awesome.
^^
edit: that was back in 2004 though. crap

Chris_Crime said:
I guess the inverse would be how Kingpin was played by a black actor (in Daredevil), though it absolutely ruined the character's background and tone.

Nick Fury in the movies is played by Sam Jackson (and not the Hoff as it once was)

tu che

Bretimus_v2 said:
He would make a better Kyle Rayner than Hal Jordan, in my opinion.
Quoted for truth.

I don't really mind Ryan Reynolds, but Green Lantern is my second favorite comic book hero next to Batman, so I will definitely be seeing this, even though there are waaaaay better choices for who should get to play Hal.

UrbanMasque said:
No, because he's not black

the-black-green-lantern.jpg

50601-john_stewart_green_lantern.jpg

Man, Lantern was white long before there was a black one.

I'm pretty sure they will do the Hal Jordan Green Lantern... who is very white.

Damn, I was going to mention that Luke Cage is a great character, but Chris beat me to it.

Also, SLJ is playing Ultimate Nick Fury, who is black. 616 Nick Fury is white. Hoff sucked as him.

NickFuryWallCrash.jpg

So Manly!

KoalaRainbowPoop said:
ryan reynolds would make a better guy gardner than a hal jordan i think.

No. Guy Gardner is a punk. He's obnoxious, and half the time you want the baddie to punch him in the face. A young Dennis Leary would be a perfect Guy Gardner. Or Scott Grimes.

Why are nerds so obsessively supportive of Nathan Fillion? I agree that he would fit the role of Green Lantern slightly better than Reynolds, but he's not the perfect actor just because he was in that one thing you liked. What's next, you want Wonderwoman to be played by Sarah Michelle Gellar? :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod