Lethal Weapon 5?

Fifth Letheal Weapon anyone?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No.

• Maybe - If they do it right.

• Letheal Weapon? Old man! I've never heard of/seen no Letheal Weapon! Rush Hour is where it's at n00b

• I never enjoyed any of the Lethal Weapons.

• Total voters

GRColin

Rookie
It seems there's talk of a fifth and final Lethal Weapon film being made, even though Mel Gibson had said back at the time of release for Lethal Weapon 4 he would not be playing Martin Riggs again.

http://screenrant.com/lethal-weapon-5-niall-3333/

And now news has come in that Shane Black, writer of the original Lethal Weapon film, has apparently penned a fifth installment of the action series. Allegedly he has shown the script to producer Joel Silver (Speed Racer) and both Danny Glover and Mad Mel are interested in returning to their signature roles!

Shane Black wrote the script for the great Rovert Downey Jr film, "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" as well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lethal_Weapon_4

There was talk of a Lethal Weapon 5, where Richard Donner said "I have the story in my head for a fifth and final Lethal Weapon, but it's all up to Mel Gibson."[2] Gibson, however, had no interest in continuing the series. In 2007, Moviehole.net received word from sources that Warner Bros. are in the early stages of trying to relaunch the Lethal Weapon series sometime in 2009 or later [3]. It has been announced that there are talks of a Lethal Weapon 5 according to Digiguide [4]

In a recent interview, both Danny Glover and Mel Gibson have spoken about doing a fifth movie. The script is said to be in the works with the story involving a nearly retired Riggs calling Murtaugh out of retirement for one last mission.

I think that if this is done in the sprit of the first film, something really great can happen - A fifth installment of a franchise better than any of it's sequels. Now I have to admit, I did enjoy Lethal Weapon 4 although I missed the edge that Riggs had to his character in the first two installments. If they can bring back the heavier tone and lose some of the comedy, I think this could really work. They can easily get rid of Chris Rock's character by a simple line of dialogue: "Hey Rog, how's Rianne and Butters enjoying Miami?" It may seem like a cop out (no pun intended) but it gets rid of some of the excess comedy, and saves the studio some money by not having to pay another actor.

Letheal Weapon is the definitive buddy cop movie(series) and I would be more than happy to see a fifth one make it's way onto the big screen.

Yes. Yes. Yes yes yes yes yes YES YES YES.

Because now they are REALLY getting too old for this shit.

Also- Chris Rock... not Chris Tucker. And his character was great.

The scene with Joe Pesci... they are Fucking you with the Cell Phones. Priceless.

Chris Rock, not Christ.

And if they can pull it off then I'd be all for it. But I'm doubtful they'd pull it off.

Sam

I didn't mean to say Chris Tucker. I was thinking about how Chris Tucker was approached but turned it down becuase of Rush Hour when I typed this up. Oops!

NO!

I loved Lethal Weapon when I was younger. I can only see this getting botched with a shitty script and plot.

DON'T DO IT!

NickKmet said:
i'm pretty sure Glover said he wouldn't do another one either.

An actor claiming they wouldn't do another film in a succesful franchise is like Mike Tyson saying he'll never break the law again.

It could be good, but really how many times do they need to say "We're too old for this shit!" before it sticks?

One last LAST last mission.

I love Shane Black's recent Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang movie. And the Lethal Weapon movies are usually better than your average action comedy, so I'm excited!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod