Starship Troopers 3: Marauder

Have you seen Starship Troopers 3?

• Yes, it was the best of the series.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not yet, but I loved the first one so I likely will.

• Yes, hated it!

• Saw it,enjoyed it up until the end.

• I never cared for Starship Troopers.

• It was alright.

• Total voters

GRColin

Rookie
Back in 97 when the first Starship Troopers film came out, I immediately fell in love with it and I've seen it countless times since. I gave Starship Troopers 2 a try and it was one of the first movies I ever ended up shutting off part way through. Fast forward four years and we have a new Starship Troopers film, Starship Troopers 3: Marauder with....Casper Van Dien reprising his role as Johnny Rico! I couldn't be more happy.

I saw the initial previews and they...Left a bit to be desired, but I was still anticipating this film.

I ended up watching it today and while the character of Johnny Rico wasn't in it as much as I'd have liked, it was almost on par with the first entry into the series. It was actually a good film. (Remember, Starship Troopers is meant to be a campy, cheesy parody.)

And then....The last twenty minutes came along and ruined almost the whole thing.

Teh spoilerz! Oh knoes!

....They encountered the "God" bug. That's when it all fell apart and went into silly season. The praying over top of the action sequences, the praying to begin with. Really, up until that point it was almost the same caliber as the first ST flick. My ONLY complaint would have been the lack of Rico's character being used. But once those last twenty minutes or so came into play, the film lost a lot of my interest and even felt like a different movie. Another thing that irked me was the borderline crazy Admiral who remained in power, even after framing an innocent man for an attack. (Unless the attack really did happen and they just used some camera work to make it look as though the Sky Marshall was there.)

Aside from the aforementioned spoiler, the film held me up until that point and I was even thinking I wouldn't mind picking it up in blu ray to see how it looked in HD. This is one of those very rare occasions when a film's ending almost completely ruins the rest of the movie for me. I could pretend the last twenty minutes or so never happened, but then where would I get closure?

All in all, if you were a fan of the first ST film, I recommend giving this one a go and see for yourself how it turned out. You may or may not like the ending, who knows. There are worse ways to kill an hour and forty-five minutes however.

Edit: How the hell do I mark a spoiler?

I have not seen the third installement, but I heard that it is utter crap.
I saw the second one, but I would not call it a movie.. Heck even my 11 year old niece could produce better movies than that piece of garbage.

I am sticking with just thinking that there is Starship Troopers, and not 2 or 3... There can only be one!

Tylzen said:
I am sticking with just thinking that there is Starship Troopers, and not 2 or 3... There can only be one!
The first one is all we need.

unisex military space cadet showers FTW!

I'm sorry, but i watched the second one, that was horrific to say the least and the third only manages to be an iota better then the second one. Why? There were naked chicks in it. That were hot. Yes.

Hey, for a poll choice you forgot "Starship Troopers was awesome, but direct-to-video sequels are always trash (no two ways around it) so I definitely won't be seeing it"

The book is a lot better, because it was an allegory of totalitarianism, war, the nature of your enemy and civilians vs citizenship.

The first movie was entertaining though, and I didn't even know they made a second, let alone a third.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod