Do you think the rank system should be implemented once again?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I really liked the rank system, it was a nice unique touch to GR, plus the crazy ranks were always fun to get to. If the 'medal' system ever gets implemented then I'd be alright with custom avatars.

u know... all this complain about spam, i dont think its that muich...

anyway, a bit of spam is good for you.

Intitally I would've said no, I don't want the ranking system back. But I've been thinking about it recently, weighing out the pros and cons. It's true that in a sense, the ranking system did encourage spam, but then again, getting rid of it hasn't cured that problem. It just means the post-count has become the new rank, why else do so many people here want their old post counts back?

I'm probably going to get flamed for saying this but, if you ask me, the thing about message boards is, and I can sort of say this in safety now that Dynasty3 doesn't post here anymore( :p ), is that they're populated by nerds mostly(I myself am one of them of course!). Not just gaming message boards, really any kind of message board is nerdvana if you ask me! I don't mean the sterotypical nerd as such, because the modern nerd can be just as socially active as the average jock. But despite this there is one aspect of nerdism which cannot be taken away. That is that nerds love to be in competition which each other, possibly to compensate for their own failed dreams of glory but mostly just so they can be better than somebody in one way.

The ranking system was a strange thing to boast about really, because essentially you were claiming yourself as being a bigger nerd than the other guy, a strange kind of elitism indeed. It's basically the nerd equalivent of the footballer who takes pride in getting more touchdowns than the other guy.Now you can get rid of the ranking system, but you won't stop the competition, it'll just get replaced by guys boasting about how many posts they've created.

Back to the question though, in a sense I did like getting to the next rank, I wasn't one to boast about it and I never got that high(I was a Turtle when the old boards shut down for good) but I did sort of enjoy it. That said, I much prefer having Chris Morris or in this case the cover of The Whitey Album by Ciccone Youth under my s/n than that goddamn turtle! God I hated that turtle so much! :wink:

So I not entirely certain, but I guess, despite everything I've said in the past, I do sort of miss the ranking system so, what the hey, it'd be nice to have it back I think!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle