Best of GR 2010 Pre-Nomination Phase

You know, we could all just sit here and moan, or we can hold an award ceremony for our friends and freakin' retards.

We started these awards, now were going to finish them.

deal-with-it.gif

The thing is, I agree with you. This place has gone to shit, and it isn't going to get better any time soon if even ever. So that brings us to two options. We can either all leave and never think of it again, forsaking everything that once made this place great in favor of a swift death, or we can just keep going about business as usual while the ship sinks around us.

Is this place as good as it was? Hell no, not even close. I doubt anyone will refute that, and if they do they're absolutely retarded. But quality or not, you and I are still here. And I know at least for myself, it sure as hell isn't because of the manifesto.

This isn't about the front page, the reviews, the shitty staff or changes that have been made. This isn't for of the big corporate executives who sent this site to its grave. It's about you and me, the smaller men who could do nothing while the building fell down around us. And once a year, we have our own little circlejerk, no matter if our group is big or small. While it may not be much, it's still something.

You can either join in and revel with your fellow man as we watch the apocalypse before our own eyes, or you can be like Stalfros and just walk out. The choice is yours and yours alone to make, but I know where I'm going to be.

Walking away from GR is pretty damn gratifying let me assure you, as a man who's done it on several occasions. I do come back, and it really isn't the bikinicast that makes me log on, it's you fuckwits and you're insane views on everything, that being said it did make for good times

But to many changes occurred, too much in the way of drama, too many people run off the boards because they didn't fit our style, and here we sit, slowly dying away as true members of the board. It scares me to look at the active forum members and think they're the representation of the GR community, while some classic vets do carry on, like the black knight, this place is a ghost town and I'd be amazed if the forum, or the site see a 2012 celebration

It needs revamping and that's what were doing. DONT LET THE FLAME DIE OUT!!

Absolutely the GR Awards is a silly game, Chris, but it is tradition. It's one of the games that a few members left here will join and hold hands for shits and giggles. Do you think I took the awards last year seriously? Of course not (even though most of you were serious for mine). I just think you're a boar for only insulting this traditional game. There are other traditional games that "our" GR community partakes in (for examples, Link's Fighter Character Battle, Mafia, etc).

Yeah the place need revised, I will agree with that. I'm sure some of you will agree it's hard revising the place when there was so much that has happened within this year (i.e celebrity deaths). To help lower this burden, I say you should all help this beautiful lady
marijuana.jpg

Who wants to hit this? (The joint, not the woman *insert ZING!*)

longo said:
Is this place as good as it was? Hell no, not even close. I doubt anyone will refute that, and if they do they're absolutely retarded. But quality or not, you and I are still here. And I know at least for myself, it sure as hell isn't because of the manifesto.

This isn't about the front page, the reviews, the shitty staff or changes that have been made. This isn't for of the big corporate executives who sent this site to its grave. It's about you and me, the smaller men who could do nothing while the building fell down around us. And once a year, we have our own little circlejerk, no matter if our group is big or small. While it may not be much, it's still something.

QFT. Normally, I find Longo's rants a bit excessive. But I agree with this just the same. Personally, I've always liked the feel of GR. I skim a couple of other communities, but this will always be the one that I actually feel I've "joined".

Chris_Crime said:
That's long been the linchpin of my GR career, but this time I'm being very, very serious. This is horrible. I can't believe we're celebrating in this time of sorrow. Imagine this time next year. Oh, dear lord.

There should be a State of the Boards Address. I can't imagine the shape this place will be in come next December.

I want to point the blame at Crave, for not giving a fuck.
I want to point the blame at Duke Ferris, for not giving a fuck about his baby turned rotting carcass after selling it to Crave.
I want to point the blame at all of us for not giving a fuck about this place
And especially point the blame (award) at every fucking admin who so quickly took their position and gave nothing back, not one ounce of fuck given back to their position. This has been going on for years.

Admins who do absolutely nothing. Promoted for doing fucking nothing! Not even posting! And then coming back and winning an award? Fuck you!
GR died on your watch.

Suggesting a Point the Blame Award.

We cannot! I refuse, man. I re-fucking-fuse.

ahh, this is so sad. Hate to piss on our parade, but we didn't need last year's GR Awards either. (and barely needed the one the year before that)

We're in rough shape around here. It's apparent to everyone, so why hide it? I feel like driving a convertible on the fucking sidewalk simply because no one gives a fuck.

I'm only saying this because I remember better days. There's a distinct lack of effort around here except for when it comes time to pat one another on the back.
But, I guess when that's all that's left, you better enjoy it while you can. I'm just disappointed with our "community."

Jubilation in our little slice in the world is not hiding from the harsh realities of what is going on in our beloved website. It is also more than simple escape from it, what it is in the end is us celebrating what we are as a community. It is the best way to rebel against the changes in the end, going against the grain so to speak.

So no one denies better days, but giving up is not the GR style. Stubborn and foolish maybe, but rebels to the end is the M-O.

I've already concurred with Tingy's bromance award. but I will conur with Urban's concurrance to clarify its existance.

And then concur with Longo that is it useless since myself and him are the biggest bruddas out there.

That's it, Ting and I are going for Peppermint Shakes at the Artic Circle. Bromance will happen and awards will be received!

MattAY said:
And then concur with Longo that is it useless since myself and him are the biggest bruddas out there.
I challenge this statement, as it is the people's vote who has the greatest Bromance of the G Kingdoms XIV.

My head hurts...

Both have hate for each other on the outside and yet love each other on the inside.

More like they could win the Married Couple award.

So, now that we've got everything out of the way, here are the ones I'm going to add:

Most Attractive
Most Likely to be a Serial Killer
Most Improved
Best Taste in Games
Worst Taste in Games
Best Title
Worst Title
Best Post
Worst Post
(The last 6 are somewhat on a trial. If they don't get that many nominations, I'll cut them from the final ballot.)
And I'm not going to bother with bromance because I've already won it.

Any changes you want to do? Last chance to call them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod