Do you think the rank system should be implemented once again?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheNesMan

Rookie
Well, i'll be honest, i debated making a topic. It really only solidifes me being a postwhore, and it's rather insignificant. Yet being the first poster to reach 15k, which i suppose you could refer to as a "milestone", i felt like making a topic. I wouldn't want this to be a complete waste of a topic though. Now for a poll.

Only becuase this is one of the few sites I've been to where it seems to work and has its charms.

Hell no...before there was this whole...tension about ABSOLUTELY GETTING THOSE 200 POSTS IN PER DAY FOR NO REASON!

Sure it occasionally stimulates discussion but usually it just results into lots and lots of postwhoring...

But now its chill 8) as in talk at ease be you a newb or an oldie.

-BBK

Yeah I think they should, I never posted just to get to the next rank, even if I posted more than usual I made sure that my posts were still meaningful and I don't think the postwhoring argument holds much water, we've seen plenty of spammers and idiots on the new boards and that's without ranks. Yes, there are the occasional few who come along and spam relentlessly to attain the next rank but morons like that come along regardless so why deprive the rest of us from a small sense of accomplishment of reaching the next rank?

Sam

I would like the ranks back, not to mention my post count + these posts.

And NES, keep it up, you're a great poster - though I did notice you whoring a bit today. ;)

LinksOcarina said:
explain the system?
Post counts would determine what avatar (rank) you would have. When you began you would have a grasshopper.

50 posts = duck
250 = monkey wearing hat
500 = tiger that everybody but me hated
900 = turtle
1400 = dragon
2000 = cow (my last rank whilst there)
3000 = pheonix
5000 = drunken master (Jackie Chan)
8000 = crane
12000 = mantis

That's teh ranking system. It's a little anti-climatic to me being the mantis always reminded me of the grasshopper, but whatever.

After that is supposed to be kung-fu elvis and a few other ones, but who knows if they're going to even use those now since it's supposed to be a surprise.

I loved the rank system. I'd love it to come back after we get post counts back.

If your going to do that, you should do Chinese Zodiac ranks or something...

But yeah, I guess its ok with me, as long as it doesn't mean anything except for the number of posts you make.

Does anybody have a link to the old Sitting Duck rank picture?

I'd love to make it my avatar.

I only have the cow and dragon and enlightened monkey, sorry :(

The problem with doing something like the Zodiac would be that people would probably only really want the one they're associated with. And when you get so many posts it would reset to the first. The old ranking system was mostly random and not trying to be cool, which is why it was probably so well accepted.

Anyways, I realize I have forgotton to congratulate Nessie on his 15k. I hope it was worth it. :)

malakian said:
I'd quite like my rank back. Young master, tno. Fix please.

Can't fix what's not broken, my man.

Anyway, far as I can tell, there's still a new ranking system in the works...soon, maybe?

^ yea, i would like an inquire on that too.

dang i miss the post counts, those were fun, and what i thought made GR unique.

good ol dragon, cept i still have it :D

would be cow right now if we havent changed

people spamming just to achieve next rank was a pain, but honestly, i still see noobs who spam anyway and get massive post counts just for the sake of having a high number. i think the number, rather than rank advancement is what they are after. so yeah. i miss the ranks.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod