my snake ate its first rat!

intoTheRain

Regular
yep, lucy my python upgraded to small rats yesterday and she ate it no problem!

oh lucy im proud of you.

i suppose the purpose of this topic can be.. do any of you have any strange pets? strange basically being anything but a cat and a dog.

thank god snakes are cold blooded and lack the endurance to keep up with me.
I hate snakes I'm like the Batman/Indiana Jones crossbreed when it comes to snakes.
Indiana Jones in the fact that its his only feared phobia and he still has overcomed all encounters successfully. And batman how he was pretty well traumatized with bats.. which made him conquer his fear and become the bat!
Such as my strikes in martial arts..... I stay defensive until I can counter a strike with one successful blow (ie my signature head kick) which puts the guy out with one paralyzing strike.
Hence the black belt name given to me.. the viper

intoTheRain said:
used44 said:
Bah, snakes sort of creep me out.

i love snakes, spiders on the other hand, ew.

This.

I saw a beautiful Red tail boa at Petco the other day. I was just wondering if it's like dog's where you should go to a private seller/breeder for the healthiest one or if snakes are different.

I have two pet snakes in my room. One's a California King Snake and the other is a Mexican King Snake.

They're fucking gorgeous.

kapow said:
i should get a snake some time...
Yeah, you kind of have more of a-- ...well, I shouldn't be mean.

Snakes are so great... I used to be pretty scared of them, but when I was about ten or so? I went to some thing with some friend, where we made trebuchets and there were tons of snakes. Why? I don't know. My friend forced me to carry this huge snake all across my arms, and that was pretty bad-ass. I kinda fell in love with them the moment I realized that this creature was draped all on me and wasn't going to kill me. Neat.

That, and it kinda tickled.

For kapow, from Illinois: (*warning* In case you can't or won't read text in URLs, the image is indeed of a snake with 2 heads.)
http://www.islandcrisis.net/wp-content/ ... 2heads.jpg

funny-pictures-kittens-see-snake.jpg

And dude... i like snake, rats, spiders and i don't know, pigs! Why all the hate?
Now snake to eat though... tried that and bleeehhh... Too stingy...

WickedLiquid said:
Also snakes are cool, spiders are disturbing. Black Widow spiders, like WTF dude?
I used to have a black widow that rocked out next to my aircon (directly above my head) for a few weeks. First day i noticed it was relatively small and noming on a fly.

And not a single fuck was given that day.

Lethean said:
I was just wondering if it's like dog's where you should go to a private seller/breeder for the healthiest one or if snakes are different and any snake bought at any legit store will be a healthy one.

Lethean said:
Lethean said:
I was just wondering if it's like dog's where you should go to a private seller/breeder for the healthiest one or if snakes are different and any snake bought at any legit store will be a healthy one.

As far as I know you just want to make sure the snake you bought is bred locally. The last thing you want is a snake that was plucked off the ground in Africa, they're more susceptible to illnesses, likely won't eat anything that isn't alive, and will just be more stubborn in general.

I personally just blindly bought my snake one day in a chain pet store, I went in cause the girlfriend wanted to look at puppies, I came out with a python. (Insert sex joke here)

Anywho, I got lucky. My snake has been perfect.. She ALWAYS feeds within 2 minutes after giving her a dead mouse (and now rat).. She didn't have a full shed only twice (one of the times was her first time shedding, she was a shedding noob, as was I. I probably didn't keep her cage humid enough at the time, likely my fault not hers). She's never snapped at anyone, I even feed her in her cage, and she won't snap when you put your hand in there. I can even take her out when she's about to shed and her eyes are covered, and she's fine.

Some can be a pain, but like I said, I hear the best way to be sure you'll get a decent one is to make sure it was bred in captivity, not a snake that's been picked up in the wild. And pet stores are littered with snakes that were just shipped right from the wild, so make sure you ask.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle