2016 Completed Games List

I didn't play this one, but my partner did. I watched her play from start to finish and helped her with a few of the game's decisions, so I guess I was the co-pilot.

PS4:

Life Is Strange

I really enjoyed it. It really reminded me of the adventure games made by Telltale Games, just with a bit of their own unique twist to it. The story was really good. We ended up finishing the game in under two days because we binged on it. Might play it again later in the year and do different things... that, or I'll just look 'em up on YouTube sometime.

Sister saw the Game Grumps playing Portal 2 co-op, so we decided to beat it ourselves, again. First game finished this year, for me.

PC:

The Witcher 2 - I admit I've been going through this game extremely slowly. Playing pieces of it here and there. I finally was able to sit and finish it today. Now onward to The Witcher 3!

So far this year I have finished (as in completed the story, not necessarily gotten all trophies/achievements):

Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
Sherlock Holmes: Crime and Punishments (Platinum)

^ I've been intrigued by this! And it's 10% off for PS Plus at the moment. Might be something I can chillout and play.

Adding a new game (well, not really "new") to my list of completed games for 2016.

PS4:

Life Is Strange
Dishonored: Definitive Edition

I still enjoyed it. I forgot that this game isn't actually that long. I love stealth games so I had a blast playing this again, especially with all of Corvo's powers. Sometimes his powers make the game a bit too easy. I finished Dishonored with absolutely zero kills.

Despite being the "Definitive Edition" for the PS4, the frame rate is pretty standard 30FPS and the graphics can be muddy at times. I honestly think the game ran, and looked better on my PC back in 2012. Also, I'm not sure how to feel about silent protagonists anymore. It's a bit weird when people talk to you but your character is just saying nothing, but still interacting (having a beer, hugging Emily etc.).

I'm currently downloading the latest 1.07 patch for Dying Light, as well as The Following DLC. Hopefully get to play it tonight, or at least this weekend.

I finally had some time to get on and finish Fallout 4. It was kind of great taking a month or more off from it. I came back to it totally amped and having fun again.

The Fallout 4 DLC is coming out soon... considering the prices of the DLC, it might be worth buying the season pass now. Funnily enough, Bethesda are going to increase the price of the season pass as of the 1st of March, I think.

PC:

XCOM 2 - Man, that last mission was a toughie. Other than some serious performance issues, it's a must have for if you like XCOM: EU.

PS4:

Life is Strange
Dying Light: The Following

I know it's a DLC pack, but Dying Light: The Following is essentially its own game as it introduces a new, massive environment as well as new game play mechanics, so I'm adding this one onto my list.

I really enjoyed it, although near the end of the game, I started to feel that the game was getting a bit repetitive, especially with all the driving and lack of fast travel (which does have its pros, but it does have its cons as well). I'm also not sure how to feel about the ending.

Spoilers (sorry mobile users):

The ending of the DLC has two endings, one that you choose. When the protagonist Kyle Crane confronts "The Mother", the apparent leader of the religious cult, he discovers that the Mother is actually a Volatile zombie. During the day she has her intellect and humanity, but at night she can't control herself and turns into a murderous beast. She explains that the "cure" you have been seeking, this blue gas-like substance, is actually a poison, and it turns people into monsters like her. You yourself have inhaled this already.

You then get given a choice by the Mother. To arm and launch a nuclear warhead to destroy all of Harran and the nearby infected zones, killing all survivors and zombies... or you can refuse, which forces you to fight the Mother. I thought the first choice, while kinda logical, was a bit of a cop out, so I chose the latter. In doing so, she forces Kyle to drink the blue substance in its elixir form, which speeds up the Volatile mutation.

The Mother is quite hard to fight, but eventually you begin to transform into a Volatile and you have to fight her hand to hand. After killing her, a tripping out Kyle takes what's left of the elixirs, thinking it'll help his friends back in Harran, and as he escapes, he escapes outside of the quarantine. Night falls, and a now mutated Kyle uncontrollably attacks a random mother and her children. Pretty messed up stuff.

End spoilers.

Probably gonna go back to Uncharted 2: Among Thieves now, from The Nathan Drake PS4 collection.

I also finished Life is Strange! Loved the little twist at the end of Ep4, didn't expect that at all.

Also finished Firewatch. That was a good story, intruiging to say the least! And for some reason I constantly thought a bear was going to jump out and attack me.

The ending was a bit...should I say, more simple than what I was expecting. And there were a few things that bummed me out...but I think the game was TRYING to make you feel this way.

Oh, and I platinumed / 100% both! - BOOYAHAHAHA!!

I dont think so for the price. It's good, but wait for a price drop. It took me 4:30 hours to complete.

I got really invested in the relationship between me and my boss (seriously, the dialogue is awesome), and I think that, along with the mystery that happens in the woods, is what carries me straight from beginning to end. I didn't want to stop because it was so immersive haha.

Yeah I just did a bit of quick research. Firewatch costs about $20 AUD via the Playstation Store (with a tiny 10% discount for Playstation Plus), which is about $14 USD.

I think four hours of play time is fair for a twenty dollar game... but games that I could potentially finish in one sitting feel a bit strange to me.

I'll think about getting it. It's getting a lot of positive reviews and it might be a nice game to play with my partner... although I've nearly finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves, and I'd like to tackle Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception soon.

Firewatch looks like the perfect budget game to get for $5 and little more.

Finished Portal 2, story and co-op, for the first time since it came out in 201...1? Has it really been that long?

It was way, way easier than I remember it being.

PS4:

Life is Strange
Dying Light: The Following
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves

The PS4 version of Uncharted 2: Among Thieves from the Nathan Drake Collection surprisingly holds up very well. The graphics and frame rate are great and the gun play, as well as the hand to hand combat mechanics hold up too. This is a huge improvement over its predecessor, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, which I finished at the end of last year. Despite the updated visuals, Drake's Fortune feels very dated... and rightfully so, considering the game was made almost a decade ago (feel old yet?).

At times though I found the game frustratingly difficult, especially in the game's finale against the primary antagonist. As such, I ended up turning the game's difficulty down from Normal to Easy for that fight alone. I can't believe just how much easier the fight actually got. Sadly I didn't get the trophy for finishing the game on Easy or/and Normal, but I don't care, I'm just playing these games for the fun and story, and to also bring myself up to speed for Uncharted 4: A Thief's End.

I've already started playing Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception and wow, that looks amazing on the PS4.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmackiny133