2018 Completed Games List

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So here we are, the complete list of games you GRians have completed throughout the 2018 year. The way we will do this is with each person starting a list as their first post, and then when you finish a game edit your post with the game title and console, you can bump the thread with a post saying the game title, but do edit your original post as well.

Protips:
1. When posting for the first time, just make a post including your initial list and a game count.
2. Completion does not mean that you have to do X, Y, and Z for it to be completed. Completion is whatever you consider finished, whether that is just beating the game, getting every achievement, or unlocking every single item.
3. Games released via digital distribution count too! You can list XBLA and PSN games separately, but realize that I will be putting them under Xbox 360 and PS3 listings in the main list. Wii VC games will be listed under their console of origin, since they play exactly the same with no changes. Feel free to list any indie or flash game you think is worth it as well.
4. If you beat a game that you've beat in the past, it still counts! The list is for games completed in 2017, regardless of previous completion.
5. Some "games" are actually compilations, such as Sonic Mega Collection and The Orange Box. Since there are multiple games, please list each of them separately.
6. If the game is multiplayer only, it's hard to actually complete it. If you want something like Team Fortress 2 to count, make sure it's some goal like "got all achievements" or "raised skill rank to 50" and note it in your list.
7. Downloadable content can count, provided it's a full expansion on the level of The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles. If the DLC merely additional missions that are integrated into the regular game, such as the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC for Mass Effect, then it doesn't count as a separate game.

I don't know if it's possible, but if it is, I will link everyone's list in this top post. At the end of the year we'll add up everyone's total and the winner will win absolutely nothing!

As an example your list post should look something like:

Xbox One
Forza Horizon 3
Halo Wars 2

PlayStation 4
Zero Dawn Horizon
Persona 5

PC
Divinity Original Sin II

I realize I’ve been making this thread for like 3 years now and you all know the gist, but I might as well keep the instructions up.

EXCELLENT!!! It Begins...

PS4:
Okami HD
Assassin's Creed Origins
RiME
Devil May Cry HD
Burnout Paradise Remastered

Last edited:
I started BOTW last week, so probably won't be playing or beating anything else for a while!

I platinumed Super Time Force Ultra on my Vita. Fun little game, the time mechanics were well done. It was great being able to kill a boss in just a few seconds of game time by making numerous copies of your characters and unloading on it all at once. I would definitely play a sequel were one to be made.

Vita:
Super Time Force Ultra
Machinarium

PS4:
Uncharted: Lost Legacy

Last edited:
PS4:

-The Evil Within 2: 8.5 / 10

First game of 2018 is complete, kicking off with The Evil Within 2. It's a surprisingly lengthy game, taking me just over twenty two hours to complete on the default "Survivor" difficulty.

I really enjoyed this one. For me, it was a lot more fun than the first game. The first one, while terrifying with its horror elements, became frustratingly difficult. This game not only easier, it was more accessible and gave the player more choice. I found that the open world aspect, combined with stealth, actually gave the player further tools and strategy against the enemy known as The Lost. People complain that the open world/stealth mechanics eliminate the feeling of fear, and it kinda does, but it felt quite fun.

The story is a bit hit and miss at times, as is some of the writing and voice acting, but overall it's passable and it's certainly easier to comprehend than the first game.

The game play at times is quite challenging and difficult, but it's certainly not "unfair". I felt that the first game had many unfair parts in it, but this one didn't, as fleeing to hide or/and flank an enemy was much easier. I also appreciated that the skills/upgrading systems felt better and more flexible, this time around, and acquiring green gel or/and weapons parts was easier to obtain.

What let this game down I think was the story and sometimes, despite my praise, the stealth can be a bit silly to the point of being abused. The beginning of the game is quite difficult as well, but I wouldn't really call this a negative.

Do you like survival horror-style games? Do you like stealth as well? If so, this is a good game to try.

Nicely done Craig! Still gotta get back to that.

I started the game on Nightmare difficulty, and it makes the stealth aspects great fun! Because getting seen on that difficulty is a big no-no!
Especially when those guardians and poison mommas are wondering around!

I don't think I could play the game on Nightmare difficulty. I found it challenging enough as it is on Survivor difficulty.

For a bit of fun, I started the game on New Game Plus, which allows you to go through the game with all your acquired abilities, weapons and upgrades, and I selected the difficulty down to Casual. Oh man, head shots everywhere.

Finished another game last night!

PS4:

-The Evil Within 2: 8.5 / 10
-Tales from the Borderlands: 8.5 / 10

My brother bought me Tales from the Borderlands for PS4 for my birthday. I'm not the biggest fan of the franchise (I did enjoy Borderlands 2) but Tales from the Borderlands was an amazingly told story. I really enjoyed it.

It starts off slow but it's again, one of those "it gets better" games. The writing, humour and performances are all fantastic.

As with all Telltale games, I don't really see the point of playing again as I essentially know the punchline to the story, so I personally think there isn't really any replay value, and just like most Telltale Games, it's quite short, probably clocking in at a total of five hours or so. The game also has a couple of bugs and classic Telltales, frame rate drops, but overall it's probably the best Telltale game I've ever played.

Last edited:
While I do plan to replay it to find everything, I did finish the story for Uncharted: Lost Legacy this weekend (staying up to 3:30 AM to do it...). It was good, got really crazy at the end and went in a direction I did not expect at all. A couple of the puzzles were pretty decent and actually took me a minute, while most of them were okay but really easy. Action was as good as usual and the graphics and set pieces were amazing, as is typical for Naughty Dog. Really enjoyed it.

Completed Machinarium on my Vita. Sadly, I feel that it is a point and click game that is poorly represented on the Vita, simply because there are so many little details in the game that are easily missed on the small screen. Much as I dislike having to do so, I resorted to a walkthrough in order to finish the game. There were some issues as well with interacting with things on the screen, as you needed to be standing right next to things in order to click on them, but sometimes trying to stand near the thing you wanted to interact with would transition you to a different area, so it was a little irritating at times. Beautiful animation though, and a cute little story that is revealed as you play. I recommend it, but on something with a larger screen.

Finally finished Dishonored 2... without powers, without killing anyone, and only got detected a couple times... stupid clockwork soldiers. I think I'll start again and as Emily this time with powers. Feels like I missed half the game or something.

Finally finished Dishonored 2... without powers, without killing anyone, and only got detected a couple times... stupid clockwork soldiers. I think I'll start again and as Emily this time with powers. Feels like I missed half the game or something.

Impressive. Yeah, those clockwork soldiers are a PITA. Definitely want to try going through the game as Corvo at some point, probably with no powers, and I have no idea how the hell I'll get through some areas. Though since I won't be hunting around constantly for all the runes and stuff, it might be a bit easier because I won't be exploring the entire map! No idea when I'll get around to it though.

Some areas are more harder to get to since you can't TP up ledges like you normally could but without powers you do get more creative. Like for the clockwork soldiers I just said, "Fuck it" then lob a bunch of whale oil tanks at them.

I've finished Max Payne 3 yesterday. It didn't take too long but it was a lot of fun.

PS4:
  • Shadow of the Colossus
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Dynasty Warriors 9
  • Metal Gear Survive
  • Yakuza 6
  • The Council: Episode 1: The Mad Ones
  • Far Cry 5
  • God of War (2018)

PC:
  • Bridge Contructor Portal
  • Kingdom Come: Deliverance
  • Subnautica
  • Into the Breach
  • Psychonauts in the Rhombus of Ruin
Xbox One:
  • Dragon Ball FighterZ
  • A Way Out

Mobile:
  • The Room: Old Sins

I've finished a few games this year, but I think the best one I've played is Subnautica. I didn't expect much out of it going in, but it really sucked me in. I spent hours exploring the various biomes in that game, and I didn't even see everything there is to see. Work demanded that I move on to another game, but I'll definitely be starting another playthrough of that when there's another drought of new releases.

Last edited:
Some areas are more harder to get to since you can't TP up ledges like you normally could but without powers you do get more creative. Like for the clockwork soldiers I just said, "Fuck it" then lob a bunch of whale oil tanks at them.

I've finished Max Payne 3 yesterday. It didn't take too long but it was a lot of fun.

I found it was pretty easy to shoot them in the head, which would destroy their ability to see you, allowing you to sneak around them better.

PS4

Monster Hunter World (beat Low Tier)

PC

Long Live the Queen (for the fifth or sixth time)
Pony Island
Defender's Quest
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight (True Ending)

Good job. I haven't platinum'd a game in a few months now. Guess it must have been a pretty good experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle