2017 Completed Games List

Green_Lantern

Forum Moderator
Staff member
So apparently it's a new year and we need a new thread!

So here we are, the complete list of games you GRians have completed throughout the 2017 year. The way we will do this is with each person starting a list as their first post, and then when you finish a game edit your post with the game title and console, you can bump the thread with a post saying the game title, but do edit your original post as well.

Protips:
1. When posting for the first time, just make a post including your initial list and a game count.
2. Completion does not mean that you have to do X, Y, and Z for it to be completed. Completion is whatever you consider finished, whether that is just beating the game, getting every achievement, or unlocking every single item.
3. Games released via digital distribution count too! You can list XBLA and PSN games separately, but realize that I will be putting them under Xbox 360 and PS3 listings in the main list. Wii VC games will be listed under their console of origin, since they play exactly the same with no changes. Feel free to list any indie or flash game you think is worth it as well.
4. If you beat a game that you've beat in the past, it still counts! The list is for games completed in 2017, regardless of previous completion.
5. Some "games" are actually compilations, such as Sonic Mega Collection and The Orange Box. Since there are multiple games, please list each of them separately.
6. If the game is multiplayer only, it's hard to actually complete it. If you want something like Team Fortress 2 to count, make sure it's some goal like "got all achievements" or "raised skill rank to 50" and note it in your list.
7. Downloadable content can count, provided it's a full expansion on the level of The Elder Scrolls IV: The Shivering Isles. If the DLC merely additional missions that are integrated into the regular game, such as the "Bring Down the Sky" DLC for Mass Effect, then it doesn't count as a separate game.

I don't know if it's possible, but if it is, I will link everyone's list in this top post. At the end of the year we'll add up everyone's total and the winner will win absolutely nothing!

As an example your list post should look something like:

Xbox 360
Bioshock
Mass Effect 3

iOS
Infinity Blade

PC
Company of Heroes

Thanks for bringing this thread back, Green_Lantern!

PS4:

-Bioshock (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10
-Bioshock 2 (Remastered) - 9 / 10

My brother and his partner got me the Bioshock: Remastered Collection for PS4, which I've been playing and they're frickin' awesome. I've finished the first one, finished the second one and now I'm off with Infinite.

The first one feels very dated, but that's fair to say considering it's almost ten years old. The game play very much reminds me of the first Half-Life.

I barely used powers in this game. What I found annoying was having to switch between weapons to powers, not being able to use them at the same time was really frustrating... but that's where Bioshock 2 came along and addressed that issue.

Bioshock 2 was a lot more fun and it was certainly a much harder game. The first game was a breeze and I should have bumped up the difficulty, but the second one was very challenging.

I love the setting of Rapture and how original the concept is for a game. I'm playing Infinite right now and I absolutely love the high skies of Columbia.

I've still got The Last Guardian to play, which my partner bought me for Christmas... so I won't be buying any games for a while.

Xbox One:

Watch_Dogs 2 (main campaign completed)
Westerado: Double Barreled
Battlefield 1 (completed all War Stories on Hard)
Never Alone
Tom Clancy's The Division (all missions completed)
NBA 2K17 (My Player mode, full 82 game season)
The Witcher III: Wild Hunt (main quest, 90hrs!)
Wolfenstein: The New Order
XCOM 2

Last edited:
TOOK LONG ENOUGH!

"Completed" to me, is finishing the game with the platinum trophy :D

PS4:

Final Fantasy XV
WatchDogs 2
Infamous: Second Son
Final Fantasy VII
Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Furi
Nier: Automata

Last edited:
PC
Tales of Maj'Eyal - Dwarf/Cursed
- Once you get Gloom up and running, you can only die to hubris and Nightmare Horrors. Nightmare + Inner Demons = Dead. Otherwise, Gloom stacks on debuffs and cripples enemies like a bat to the kneecaps. 1v1 encounters you have in the bag and you corridor groups of enemies. Cursed is definitely one of my favorite classes, just for the fun of Gloom and Cursed Aura.

PS4:

-Bioshock (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10
-Bioshock 2 (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite (Remastered) - 9 / 10
-Bioshock: Infinite's DLC Burial At Sea: Episode 1 (Remastered) - 8.5 / 10

I have honestly been playing a lot of Bioshock lately. Just recently, I finished Bioshock: Infinite as well as the first episode of its Burial at Sea DLC.

In terms of game play, Infinite is probably my favourite. I love the open spaces and I loved the design and flair of the floating city of Columbia. Combat felt aggressive and fast paced, with lots of ammo and supplies. Elizabeth was very helpful too and just a cool character. It felt strange though, not carrying around medical packs or having a large variety of weapons to choose from, but I reckon the developers were going for a faster paced, more action-orientated approach this time around.

Burial at Sea was a nice throwback to previous games and by far, the hardest of the Bioshock games I've ever played. The ending was a bit sudden, but it made sense. It was an awesome piece of DLC to play.

While I do have Episode 2 of Burial at Sea to play, I've decided to give Bioshock a break and finally play The Last Guardian, which my partner got me for Christmas.

Xbox One:

1. Halo 5: Guardians

Probably the most disappointing in the main series. Halo 3: ODST was the worst out of all the Halo games. Guardians had an enjoyable campaign, but it was really forgettable. They need to get Halo back on track already. I'm also shocked that with this being a flagship Xbox franchise it didn't have HDR support.

If it matters I collected all skulls and intel nabbing two rare achievements that only 1% of gamers completed each.

PS4:

1. Final Fantasy XV

50 hours in got nearly every side quest done and main story is done. I need a breather before going back into this beast.

Platinumed Final Fantasy XV.
Level 99.
Adamantoise downed.
All Menace Dungeons complete.

BIFF!!

Since I got the Humble Freedom Bundle, I'm going to go through and at least try every single game on it.

When I think I'm done, or I'm tired with it, I'll post it here.

Ok here I go:

VVVVV
8.5/10

Good game that suffers from the typical indie platformer icy floor problems. Makes some of it really frustrating. But overall a good game for really cheap.

World of Goo
Current rating: 9/10

This one I'll probably finish, but might as well talk about it while I can. It definitely feels like a full title, rather than the small indie game it is. So that's nice. Very clever and fun puzzle game, and good in short bursts.

Girls Love Robots
Rating: 7/10

Neat concept, but nothing that really engages me enough to make it worthwhile. It feels like it would be a good phone game.

Octodad: Dadliest Catch
Rating: 9.5/10
Now this was some good shit. While I originally wrote this game off as one of those wacky games for Lets Players to swear at, I was surprised at how fun the gameplay actually was. It wasn't stupid gameplay for the sake of being stupid, and tended to work alright. It slowly increased in difficulty while also keeping a solid pacing. My only complaint was that it was too short, but the two DLC side stories added the extra oomf it needed.

Good on you for putting the effort and time to try every game in the bundle. So easy to just let the pile of games get out of control.

My brother and I finished The Division tonight. The final mission was really fun and probably took us about an hour and ten attempts or so. Overall just such an impressive game.

used44 said:
Good on you for putting the effort and time to try every game in the bundle. So easy to just let the pile of games get out of control.
They probably will. We'll see how it goes.

Mountain
???/10

I let this game run for about an hour. The mountain said some things, and then got hit by a bed and crashed by computer.

Good shit. I'm calling that one done.

Just finished Uncharted 4, and I have words.

Now, I really appreciate the Uncharted series as a whole, and I've always liked it despite its flaws and general annoyances. Regardless, I can't bring myself to approve of A Thief's End.

I'll just list off my complaints:

1. The gunfights are the worst they've ever been. Graciously, they seem to have noticed this and cut us a little slack by including what felt like far fewer encounters than what you'd see in any other game in the franchise. Still, I couldn't help but feel pure dread when it came time for the next showdown. The horrible stage layouts and the incredibly unfair enemy movements and coordination married with the sometimes good, sometimes utterly inept friendly AI made for a very anti-fun experience. I am reminded somewhat of The Last of Us, actually, and I hated that game so much I couldn't finish it.

2. Thanks in no small part to point 1, the story far outstayed its welcome. It took me 14 hours to complete the first time through, which wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't so boring, and by the end of it, I felt no desire to do it again; no want to find the treasures I missed, use the bonuses I unlocked, or discover the rest of the optional conversations and branching dialogue choices.

3. The ending was unsatisfying in every way. Without spoiling anything, I'll just say it was almost certainly not what you'd expect, for sure, but most certainly not what you'd want, not after everything you just went through to get to it.

4. Again, without spoiling anything, there is a particular Easter egg in the game that really kicked me square in the balls. I know it was just supposed to be a cheeky little reference to something I love, but they ended up turning it into blatant disrespect, and it was just the shriveled up cherry on top for this dripping, single scoop vanilla ice cream cone of disappointment. (This point is kinda nitpicky, and I apologize for that, but this is how I feel about it, nonetheless.)

5. No Donut Drake, because of PR meddling.

I feel terrible being so negative toward this game, but I'm not gonna let it slide. The only real positive that comes to mind right now is it looks incredible. They've really outdone themselves in terms of visuals and animations.

So I guess that brings my list to:

PS3
Dynasty Warriors 6 Empires
Dynasty Warriors 7

PS4
Modern Warfare Remastered
Uncharted 4

PC
Dragon's Dogma
Refunct

The Stanley Parable
9/10

I've beaten this once before, and decided why not play through it again?
And man, it's solid. Such a fun and clever game. I played through a half dozen endings, found one I didn't have before, and had a good time.
And then it crashed, so I stopped.

Ballistick
6/10

This is basically just an early 2000's flash game repackaged as an indie game. It has an innovative control scheme (ie actually having to pump the shotgun with the arrow keys) but it doesn't handle well.

Not really worth talking about.

2064: Read Only Memories
6.5/10

Maybe this game is actually really good when you get past this point. Maybe I was just expecting more from it. But after an hour of EXCRUCIATING dialogue, in both speed and quality, I realized I had done all of two real "puzzles" and did one interesting thing (I gave myself custom pronouns. HOW PROGRESSIVE! But actually kinda works for me.) and I was tired of this shit ass controls and this shit ass game.
I understand the whole "it's an homage to Snatcher!" mentality, but that doesn't mean that you should make everything slow and unresponsive. We've advanced considerably since then. Fucking hell.

Chroma Squad
Status: Not Done, but I'm counting it, and will continue to play it
10/10

Okay, after 2064 left a bad taste in my mouth, I thought that I was probably done with indie games. After all, what if they're all that bad?

HA. NOPE!

This game is the shit. A Power Rangers style tactics RPG and business sim?
It's PERFECT.
Absolutely perfect.
I'm not done with it yet, but I just couldn't wait any longer to talk about it.

Ting, I am here to offer counterpoint to your opinion. Just finished Uncharted 4 and I have to say that it is a series that grew up with each iteration. I think that it slowly departed from the fantastic events in the first two games and slowly became more grounded ias it progressed into the final two games. You go from the first and second games being a small crew film with fantastic locations and Shamalan twists to a third game that offers the same cinematic thrills while grounding the magic. It also finally gave us backstory as to how Drake got his start and served to make him a more fleshed out character. It reminded me of the way the third Indiana movie started with River Phoenix instead of Harrison. There was even a "bad dates" reference that had me lol'ing. But in the third you get a coming of age story and probably the most complexly organized story, which is why I think a couple parts fell a little flat, they really had a lot of balls in the air. But they went from retelling the same story in the first and second games while only adding a start in the middle for the second, to a more or less new twist for the third with some backstory in the prologue. Yet for the fourth you have this really cool backstory that is interwoven between multiple years that helps flesh out new characters as well as old. Rafe is a much more developed bad guy than Eddy and Lazaravic, and while not cooler...he's more realistic. And the way that they've twisted the ideas of how treasure can be cursed (the major theme throughout the series) resolves pretty well. I went into this knowing this was The Thief's End. And getting that ending was exactly like watching third LotR. It wasn't the flashiest ending of the series but it was the close to a series.

Also, I literally played all four back to back and the updates to the mechanics continue to not be the best in world but they did make some great choices in terms or changing the placement of the grenade and reload buttons that I felt were very helpful in streamline action sequences. I felt like the action was on par with the second game that had your enemies constantly working to flank you. The re spawns come in waves from various sides of the maps making it so you have to reorient after every clear where one and three just pushed them down the chute.

The game is beautiful. The water, light, flame and shadow is always well done and a naughty Dog continues to push the bar higher.

I liked it and really connected with the story of a misfit older brother and a hero who is trying to settle down in his middle years. I guess I just agree to disagree. [/b]

Well, I think the story is probably the most rubbish part of the game. The whole 'long lost brother' thing doesn't do it for me. It sounds like a grade school writing exercise that you BS your way through in an afternoon. Not only that, but Uncharted 3 already tried to give Nate an origins story with the meeting of Sully when he was a teenager, so it's just stepping on its own feet at this point.

Now, I've platinumed the other three games, (not to hold that over your head; just so you know where I'm coming from) so I can honestly say that It just feels like a huge jump backwards in terms of gameplay and, more importantly, fun. I finished it on normal difficulty and wouldn't even consider trying it on anything higher.

Out of curiosity, I looked up some guides for beating it on the hardest difficulty, and most of them mention how horrible the experience was, easily ranking it as the slowest, hardest and least enjoyable game in the series to complete. As I stated before, I believe the design of the areas you're fighting in plays no small part in ruining the experience. At some point they must have forgotten about making it fun and focused instead on making it pretty.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that, De-Ting. That's a huge shame. I absolutely loved Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and I really liked the ending. I felt it was very fitting and well deserved.

I agree, the story did feel a bit funny how it was essentially "retconned", as Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception was more of an origins story, then they essentially did it again in Uncharted 4. It did feel a bit off putting that Drake was just randomly given a long lost brother, but I got over it pretty quickly as I felt he was well written and performed.

In terms of game play, I think Uncharted 4 started off quite slow, but for me, once the game got to Madagascar, it became a lot more fun. I admit, the ending of the game (or the final areas, I think) did drag on a little bit, as you're in that area for a long period of the game.

Despite its flaws, I loved Uncharted 4. It's still installed on my PS4 and I've yet to trade in my physical copy, because eventually, I do want to play it again. I think that honestly, the game felt a lot better to me because just like my most recent Mass Effect run, I played all the Uncharted games back to back (Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection, the HD remaster for PS4) and then Uncharted 4. So it was a very satisfying journey.

Sorry that you didn't enjoy it as much as I did. :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod