World Cup, yo

It was horrible that at some stage towards the end Germany had possession, and when passing it the Brazilian crowd were OLEing them! Talk about pain.

But Brazil had two chances they should've scored early in the second half. The difference was that Germany would've stuck those chances away. Clinical finishing!

Well, Germany VS Argentina.

I would say Germany look so much better, and they will absolutely boss the midfield. Germany have won 3, Argentina 2...so GO ARGENTINA. MESSIIIIIIIII!

My quick reaction is that Germany is going to murder Argentina. They just have too many good players, and Argentina has.... Messi?

uNN4wVm.png

Oh well hey, let's watch some American footba- ADVERT

That 1 minute of play was quite entertainin- ADVERT

Stand still 20 seconds, move in menacing bursts for 10 seconds - ADVERT

No one else in the world gives a shit about American sports - ADVERT.

SO MANY FUCKING ADVERTS!

I don't watch many sports, myself. The only sports I watch, understand and am entertained by are judo, mixed martial arts and other combat sports (sambo, kick boxing, muay thai and boxing).

I'm that awkward guy who sits in silence as everyone talks about things like AFL (Australian football league), rugby league/union, soccer/football etc.

Usually it's just hockey for me.

Rooting for Germany to win the gold, they trounced Brazil and they can finish off the rest of South America.

Master_Craig said:
I'm that awkward guy who sits in silence as everyone talks about things like AFL (Australian football league), rugby league/union, soccer/football etc.

That's like me but with UFC. I'll be at the bar with the guys and they'll be glued to the fights while I pretend to care.

The matches start so late that I'm asleep after the first few minutes only to wake up to see I have missed the goals. Great!

MattAY said:
Oh well hey, let's watch some American footba- ADVERT

That 1 minute of play was quite entertainin- ADVERT

Stand still 20 seconds, move in menacing bursts for 10 seconds - ADVERT

No one else in the world gives a shit about American sports - ADVERT.

SO MANY FUCKING ADVERTS!

That isn't just for sports. For an hour of programming, around 36% of that is dedicated to commercials.

An average Football game has around 20 commercial breaks over the course of the game that will total up around 100 ads.

But that's only in the US. The same game rebroadcast in Europe has fewer commercials.

Blame it on the consumer culture. No one likes it, but what can you do?

Having said that, I would still watch an NFL game over a soccer match any day. Nothing against soccer personally, just not my cup of tea.

Thank the heavens the world cup comes from a public channel here. No commercial breaks.

The game is pretty hype so far!

Woke up this morning and saw on the News that Germany won the World Cup. Congratulations, Germany.

Also when I got to work this morning, I saw a bunch of German backpackers running around and screaming down the streets.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VoHoYo