Lethean said:
lokness said:
used44 said:
I miss madster. His banning was BS.

pretty much.

WickedLiquid said:
used44 said:
Why was he banned in the first place? I'm still confuzzeled.

poofter mods banned him because they haven't used their banning powers in f*** knows how long.

You guys are whiny bitches.

He was banned for good reason. I'd say calling people cu** and arguing constantly is a good enough reason for a whole four day ban you babies.

the scoundrel, why I can't think of anyone else in the GR community who would commit such devious crimes

All hypocracy from me and my storied past with GR's higher ups aside, Madster was a shit bag, I mean honestly

Icepick said:
Lethean said:
lokness said:
used44 said:

pretty much.

WickedLiquid said:
used44 said:
Why was he banned in the first place? I'm still confuzzeled.

poofter mods banned him because they haven't used their banning powers in f*** knows how long.

You guys are whiny bitches.

He was banned for good reason. I'd say calling people cu** and arguing constantly is a good enough reason for a whole four day ban you babies.

the scoundrel, why I can't think of anyone else in the GR community who would commit such devious crimes

All hypocracy from me and my storied past with GR's higher ups aside, Madster was a s*** bag, I mean honestly

Lies.

You are the perfect forum poster.

He's been around for some time, at least since I've been here. But the forums don't need an antagonist.

chipmunk cheeks said:
Was Madster around back in the day? Having a hard time remember that name.
no, he wasn't.
and he wasn't deserving of a ban, either. Seems to me the overall malaise found on the boards presented the perfect opportunity for an admin or someone(s) to stir up something interesting, which manifested in banning madster.

if not madster, then Ugh. if not ugh then the next, or the next. who really knows how the hierarchy works around here? i mean WR is top admin for Christ's sakes.
WR's spent more time lost in Vitor Belfort solar plexus than he's ever put into GR. He wasn't around for the past 5 years. Came back for a month and got gm?

why ban a guy who's actually posting? yeah, that made sense.
So ban a guy who's actually getting involved with the website, running his own game giveaways.
If someone really wanted to check their ban options, they could have done it on a test account.

And i'm not taking a stand for madster.
This is what actually, legit happened so please don't come in with your sappy victim bullshit. you know all that to be true. you sure didn't play the victim when it came to madster's banning. or did you? shit, you probably did.
I bet you somehow blamed it on the guy.
No PMs please.

Rakon said:
He's been around for some time, at least since I've been here. But the forums don't need an antagonist.
fucking lame.

Relaaaaaax. He only got banned for four days. And that ban was doubled because he made about 4 different topics in Aussie anger when he could've just sat quietly in his little sin bin like you're supposed to - SO not the way to go.

MattAY said:
Relaaaaaax.

See this? This is part of the problem.

Stop riding fences, Matt. It was bullshit, but no one cared because it was Madster. No one cared because it was Ugh when we gave him the business. But I should care because it's WR?

Why?
When was he around?

Relax. Relax? Enjoy a relaxed atmosphere? Ask Ugh how relaxed his atmosphere was.
Ask Madster.

That's bullshit. stop.

Still have to go back to what I said early. Make a Ban Log in the GrandMasters forum. Transparency helps the forum and would eliminate the member backlash. On top of that the posting rules on here are vague...like really vague. But that's not something exclusive to just this website. I imagine he broke rule 5: don't be a dick. But how many dicks are there on this dance floor? Or was it for the unstated "don't circumvent the censor" that many people break. Or was it the direct insult of an admin? (If so, you're next Chris.) A ban log provides an easy way to say, "I guess I won't do that." It makes it easier to know where the line stands on our rules and how the mods read and enforce them. It provides accountability. For the member, it doesn't let them hide behind the lack information. It doesn't mean they won't act like children, it also gives accountability to the mods to be serious about their ban hammer wielding. But here's the kicker, when you're right, you're right.

Everything being said, madster probably deserved it and he went about his "appeal" the wrong way. I don't know, does a ban allow for PMing mods/admins?

I'm just saying ban logs and transparency definitely would've made it more likely that this topic didn't get started up again. You know I love you guys. Just my two cents in an effort to progress beyond this.

Chris_Crime said:
MattAY said:
Relaaaaaax.

See this? This is part of the problem.

Stop riding fences, Matt. It was bullshit, but no one cared because it was Madster. No one cared because it was Ugh when we gave him the business. But I should care because it's WR?

Why?
When was he around?

Relax. Relax? Enjoy a relaxed atmosphere? Ask Ugh how relaxed his atmosphere was.
Ask Madster.

That's bullshit. stop.

As fun as your sarcasm is, I'm pretty sure this is one of the most relaxed forum communities in the entire history of the internet. I'm not saying I AGREED with the decision, but at the same time I understand the reasoning. Perhaps a warning would've sufficed (which I'm pretty sure he had anyway). But I'm saying relax because you say you're not having a go...but you really are haha! It was only four days. Plus, he was banned for insulting people constantly - it's a helluva lot more relaxed now guv'nor.

And WR (I'm gonna call him Lethean), is a sensible person who is very rational about his thinking. Sure he owns like 50 pairs of brown leather shoes - but why not?! I think he's a great Admin.

I don't know what all the bitching about Lethean is all about. He's been around regularly for a good while now and I don't feel like he's ever abused his powers.

In all honesty, Madster said cunt uncensored. It's against the rules. He said it, and was being a douche at the same time, and he got a mini-ban. It's not really going overboard if you ask me.

haha Chris, excellent troll job, everyone else seriously up in arms over this though... your lives must be devoid of anything interesting to find this meaningful

the fact of the matter is Madster was a douchebag as often as he could manage, it was part of his.. charm?... anyways, as a result, he got a 4 day ban, a slap on the wrist, and he made the choice not to come back.

When I was perma-banned from the chat for being verbally abusive with Duke's wife, where were you guys crusading to have me set free?
When I was banned for posting a few dirty pictures of a few forum users... where was this great assembly of justice against mod abuse
When I was banned for bringing TubGirl to the masses, where were you then?

No where thats where, back then everyone had more common sense, you do something stupid, you pay for it, simple as that. GR's "staff" are not babysitters, they aren't paid to put up with your bullshit, and with someone like Madster, who constantly pushes and pushes, eventually some form of authority had to occur, if not just to show that there could be consequences for continued action, instead of laughing it off, he took a 4 day ban from a gaming websites forum as an act of betrayal and had a hissy fit and wont be our super best friend anymore

Icepick said:
everyone else seriously up in arms over this though... your lives must be devoid of anything interesting to find this meaningful

Or maybe people have lives outside of GR and when they come to GR they discuss what's going on at GR. No no, that can't be it, we're all losers... :roll:

When I was perma-banned from the chat for being verbally abusive with Duke's wife, where were you guys crusading to have me set free?
When I was banned for posting a few dirty pictures of a few forum users... where was this great assembly of justice against mod abuse
When I was banned for bringing TubGirl to the masses, where were you then?

Dude, seriously? If I saw you post inappropriate pictures of forum users or TubGirl I'd want you banned too. What's with the ego brah? Madster was just being an annoying 14 yr old, just like how all 14 yr olds act when they're online without any repercussions for their actions.

Having said that it was a 4 day ban, he could be back to GR and posting if he wanted to, but he'd rather not. It's his decision.

MattAY said:
As fun as your sarcasm is
Dry and pithy. but it's funny you would mention fun.
it wasn't a good decision to ban madster for even 1 day. everyone says this place is so close, this tight knit community. Yeah, that left a long time ago, along with a sense of humor. But if so close knit, what did madster do to deserve a ban? called someone a bad name? you've had good friends call you much worse (or they're not good friends). man up. there's your closeness.

WR wanted to show his newly minted powers, that's all. bitching? hardly. that's what I thought then, it's what i think now. i shouldn't call him on it? ha, you must be new.

Icepick said:
haha Chris, excellent troll job, everyone else seriously up in arms over this though... your lives must be devoid of anything interesting to find this meaningful
ha, at least try to be controversial i say. if you're gonna do it, do it right.

I really hope no one actually thinks that. It's a sad, sad day when Icepick is the voice of reason.

Really, though, if anything the problem wasn't that he was banned, it was the lack of communication that arose. Despite their being three admins and many mods, Madster wasn't told all of the specifics about the ban immediately, which resulted in his threads. While what he should have done was send me, daniel, or Lethean an email (because that's still possible) he went about it the entire wrong way. I will take full responsibility for this problem, and assure everyone that it will not happen again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle