What's going on in Canada, eh?

Discussion in 'Films, TV, Music, Books, Etc.' started by Eyebrowsbv31, May 3, 2011.

1. Hexagram

Hexagram Rookie

Yes, as Canadians we have always prided ourselves on issues such as free health care, gay marriage, not participating in unnecessary wars, decriminalizing marijuana, etc. This was, however, during the Bush administration and things have changed since then for the worst. After Canadians lost faith in the Liberals, we turned to the Conservatives. And thus Canada is no longer an alternative way of thinking compared to the US, it's become USA's 51st state.

...I'm not joking...

http://www.eutimes.net/2011/02/obama-cr ... da-merger/

More Liberal voters should've supported NDP instead of sticking with Conservative again, but they were too chicken to go with a new party and decided to stick with who we have now. Maybe during the next election when someone new has to represent the Conservatives we'll get the change we deserve.

2. TheNesMan

TheNesMan Rookie

...Batman?

3. WickedLiquid

WickedLiquid Regular

Now I have to go watch The Dark Knight again.

4. danielrbischoff

I guess I'll have to watch too. Jeez...

(I love that movie)

5. Nick_Tan

Nick_Tan Rookie

Apparently, the Canadian's Conservatives are more like centrists here in the States, so it's not as crazy as is here in the States, where the majority of Congressmen are already bought by lobbyists and thus do not represent the welfare of the regular American. Most talking points lead back to the money, because that's what it's all about, Lebowski.