What's going on in Canada, eh?

Canadians are idiots. We go on about how much the American government sucks and then we re-elect Stephen Harper. In case Americans aren't in the know (which is probably like all of you). The Conservatives (Harper) would be mostly compared to the Republican Party.

I voted for Jack Layton and the NDP (New Democratic Party). A lot of people thought it was time for a change. But unfortunately there are still too many old farts here that are stubborn in their ways and keep the Conservative Party in power. Fucking idiots.

WickedLiquid said:
Canadians are idiots. We go on about how much the American government sucks and then we re-elect Stephen Harper. In case Americans aren't in the know (which is probably like all of you). The Conservatives (Harper) would be mostly compared to the Republican Party.

I voted for Jack Layton and the NDP (New Democratic Party). A lot of people thought it was time for a change. But unfortunately there are still too many old farts here that are stubborn in their ways and keep the Conservative Party in power. f****** idiots.

That sounds oddly familiar, all the way around...

WickedLiquid said:

I voted for Jack Layton and the NDP (New Democratic Party). A lot of people thought it was time for a change. But unfortunately there are still too many old farts here that are stubborn in their ways and keep the Conservative Party in power. f****** idiots.

It's the fucking elderly and those steers n queers out west in the prarie provinces

what we can expect in the enxt four years?

-harsher laws against minor drug possession
-reversal on the rights for homosexuals to marry
-removal, or slashing of the social healthcare system to make way for a privatized system

this is a man who was caught syphoning tax dollars to his own, and cabinets, home repairs and cottage restoration, and yet he still gets elected

Ew, that sounds terrible. Well, in America, we elect the right guy and then he gets blackballed on everything he tries to accomplish. I swear to God, how are we still discussing fucking health care here? How are the Republicans still trying to reverse that shit? Some of the Reds are fucking morons too. And the tea-party. I guess some of their stuff is OK but they really just fuck with the dems and republicans because neither party knows what to think of the extremist weirdos who've invaded the legislature.

Wait- where's everybody going? No, I'm not trying to kill this thread... I just don't know shit about Canada... OK OK, I'll stop ranting.

Why you sound like a leftist version of me Daniel. I've chosen to no longer talk about politics in these forms because enough blood from my forehead is stuck against a wall, so Canadian politics will do I guess, it's like a mini United States with France attached!

But dan, do explain how the "right guy" can get blackballed when he had full control of the house and senate, a friendly media and a "mandate" ? He had the all cards, but didn't know how to play them.

Hillary '12.

USA politics is the Party of Bad Ideas vs the Party of No Ideas.

Peace and Freedom Party in 2012 baby!

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Like 8 or nine, one for each voter i suppose.
I lol'd

To answer you previous post:

I don't know if he had all the right cards. There were a ton of congressmen who said they were blue during the MASSIVE WAVE OF DEMOCRATIC VOTERSHIP during Obama's run for president.

In reality I think a lot of them were conservative-this, liberal-that. I mean, even if you take the most democratic -electable- guy from the midwest he'll still come out with some pretty conservative views. So in the end, dems had the house and the senate, but there were enough dems who sided with reds to stop a lot from happening. I think the way the houses are split right now is reflective of how it's been throughout Obama's term.

If you really think about it, Obama wasn't all that liberal in the first place... at least not like the republicans want to make him out to be. He's not legalizing gay marriage or marijuana or doing any number of the things young voters who elected him would like to see happen. He's a pretty middle-of-the-road kind of guy, he just happens to be on the left side of the road.

That's actually one thing I would criticize Obama on, and this is my California-registered-dem, legalize-everything-including-gay-marriage side but I think he could actually be a much STRONGER liberal. I don't mean in the sense that he should be like "no fuck you republicans." I mean he could make an even more liberal stance.

Universal health-care and all this fiscal stuff is NOT the most liberal pieces of agenda.

What I'm really hoping for, because I'm not worried about Obama not winning a second-term, is whether or not we'll (dems) get another seat on the supreme court. Those things have a lot more sway over how the next few decades will go in terms of general-America-legal-policy.

Should I read over this to make sure what I'm saying makes sense? Nah, it's Game Revolution. I don't talk politics very often but it's not like I have to worry about Longo coming in here and starting an argument just to piss me off. Also I'm tired and if you read anything I post on the front page you can tell that I don't proof... at least hardly ever.

Social liberalism is fine (legalize gay marriage and drugs already), but fiscal liberalism is a fucking trainwreck. When the govt. gets into the business of trying to "fix" the economy, you get what we have now; a recession that ended nearly 2 years ago yet unemployment staying roughly same, with the stimulus being a big effing waste. I'll call it now, in the next year expect rapid inflation followed by stagflation. Carter 2.0.

danielrbischoff said:
Nah, it's Game Revolution. I don't talk politics very often but it's not like I have to worry about Longo coming in here and starting an argument just to piss me off.
Not true.

EVERYTHING YOU LIKE IS SHIT!

Longo_2_guns said:
danielrbischoff said:
Nah, it's Game Revolution. I don't talk politics very often but it's not like I have to worry about Longo coming in here and starting an argument just to piss me off.
Not true.

EVERYTHING YOU LIKE IS SHIT!

He likes Gungame on CS Source, although I haven't played CSS since Zombie mod i still schooled him.....

Not ALL bad...

Eyebrowsbv31 said:
Bretimus_v2 said:
How many major parties are there in Canada again?

Like 8 or nine, one for each voter i suppose.

There's really only four. Three now since the Bloq lost their official party status.

Surprisingly in a country that has a population density of 3.2 people per square kilometer, we have a shit load of conservative values. I for one am appalled by the result of the election and have considered giving up all together.

Bretimus_v2 said:
How many major parties are there in Canada again?

Altogether there's 5, but the only 2 who get the majority of votes are usually Conservatives and Liberals. However the Liberals have royally screwed themselves when our last Prime Minister (Paul Martin) from the liberals was caught stealing money during a tax hike. Nobody wants the Liberals in power anymore and it showed in this election.

It came down to the conservatives and the NDP. NDP has always trailed behind in third while the liberals and conservatives duke it out for leadership. Mostly because it's a fairly new party (hence the name). I've always supported NDP because they're all about looking after the poor, reducing taxes for low income families, increasing minimum wage, lowering tuition fees, etc. As you can tell, alot of youth support NDP while the old farts stick with Conservatives who think it's still 1950. Icepick pointed out what the conservatives are all about. They give tax reductions to the rich while the poor suffer, marijuana is once again criminalized, gay marriage is a big no. It's like we've taken three steps back, it's ridiculous.

After the liberals screwed themselves alot of supporters made the switch to NDP. But unfortunately it wasn't enough votes and Harper is still our PM.

Canada 101.

The saddest part is that it'll take a HUGE scandal/screwup for the people to lose faith in the conservatives. The main reason why the Conservatives won was because they were able to sustain our economy during the recession. The actual facts though were that we weren't hit that hard, especially compared to everyone else. There were massive job loses in the end of 2008 (such as my mom), but by January 09, everyone realized the economy was fine, and there was a massive hiring spree (where my mom found a job again).

I just hope the Conservatives get nothing done until July 12th, then I don't give a shit about what happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod