States petition to secede.

Stupid. Just stupid. Lets see any of those states succeed or prosper on thier own. And I say that as a resident of one of those states.

Why should any credence be given to an online petition of any sort? I bet you don't even have to hold residence in the state you're signing for, and who's to check if you did?
Sounds like people are spending their free time trolling the government and the media is all too happy to oblige. Gotta squeeze out those last few drops of election television ratings and print sales, it only comes around once every 4 years after all. This amounts to nothing.

danielrbischoff said:
Fox News.... What a bunch of bull shit. I'm not going to look at anything they're shoveling. I can smell it from here.

Well I figured I wouldn't post a link to the first place that reported it, because everyone would cry conspiracy theory, and say crap about infowars. (Not that I visit infowars myself. I don't read into the news just listen to what people tell me.)
Here ya go. Not faux news. I don't really believe the crap ANY news network shovels. They're all the same, it's all misinformation, and a way to lead people on.
http://www.infowars.com/social-security ... t-bullets/ If you don't like that site you can google the keywords, and pick one out for yourself. Ya know what. Here. I did a little more of the "hard work" google makes it, and got you another link. That isn't crap news, or conspiracy theory news. Some nondescript news site that can explain it nice, and simple. http://beforeitsnews.com/politics/2012/ ... 50102.html Just a quick fact from their article incase you don't want to read. " In the war in Iraq, our military forces expended approximately 70 million rounds per year. In March DHS ordered 750 million rounds of hollow point ammunition. It then turned around and ordered an additional 750 million rounds of miscellaneous bullets including some that are capable of penetrating walls. This is enough ammunition to empty five rounds into the body of every living American citizen. I"

Green_Lantern said:
Temper tantrums make for some great entertainment.

It's within their right, just as it's within the rights for dumb people to vote. True they may not make it, but the rights people so take for granted will not be there one day. If it lasts that long.

Lien said:
So... doeas that mean Obama is the new Abe Lincoln? Should he grow a beard?
i thought about that statement for about a second, then I concluded he should grow a beard. Then everyone could see him for the American hating muslim bastard he is. :D

Americans buy guns and ammo in spikes all of the time. Election time is one of them, but when gas prices jump is another. Where's the correlation? There's nothing to be made of it from what I can see.

From a procedural standpoint, a petition does jack shit, even less so than a referendum, which also does jack shit.

It's political posturing at it's dumbest, and I would love to see a hurricane or two and suddenly the federal government is the greatest thing ever.

Optimus-Crime said:
Why should any credence be given to an online petition of any sort? I bet you don't even have to hold residence in the state you're signing for, and who's to check if you did?
Sounds like people are spending their free time trolling the government and the media is all too happy to oblige. Gotta squeeze out those last few drops of election television ratings and print sales, it only comes around once every 4 years after all. This amounts to nothing.

NIcely put. By Thanksgiving everyone will have forgotten about this secession movement, there will a slight uptick around the inauguration, and then it will have slipped everyone mind until the next election/piece of major legislation/controversial supreme court ruling.

And an online petition? Get real. If those things mattered at all, marijuana would be legal, firearms would be illegal, every American would have an assault rifle, all immigrants would be granted citizenship, all immigrants would be deported, and Arrested Development would be on its ninth season and fourth movie.

These same states were signing the same petitions back in 2008 as well. It's nothing new. And it's hardly newsworthy.

Most of the old confederacy have the same attitude they had back in the Civil War. They are reluctant to join the rest of the country in the 21st century. The 18th-19th is more their comfort zone.

As for the conspiracy theories, they are always fun to read and they are good for business too. Once those super awesome militia guys read about the government buying hollow point ammo they turn around and buy a shit load of guns and ammo too. Everyone wins! (if you are a gun and ammo manufacturer and seller.)

(queue Team America)

C_nate said:
Once those super awesome militia guys read about the government buying hollow point ammo they turn around and buy a shit load of guns and ammo too. Everyone wins! (if you are a gun and ammo manufacturer and seller.)
The government wins more, with delicious tax money.

As for why the govt. bought hollow points in the first place, it's a conspiracy, man. They know the zombies are coming soon.

Canada is just biding it's time, the second texas becomes it's own nation, we'll strike, with similar population size it's a nation we have a chance to conquer

At first they'll resist our control, but they'll come to love the glorious things we'll bring them, things they never had before, or even thought possible, things like health care and education

Ouch. You guys wound me.

But I'm not worried, Icepick. We already know how to stop Canada in it's tracks.
Canadian_101e11_1339222.jpg

Well it looks like it's up to all 50 states now. Don't know how many signatures for each state, but petitions in all 50 states now. Texas has the most though. Someone said all the states should secede and create their own new government with their own newly elected leader. Sounds great to me! lol

Wait... if every states in the union come united to secede from the union... doesn't that make the union stronger?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle