This makes me sick - Connecticut Shooting

I've labeled this thread more clearly. Anyone can express their views (and hopefully their sympathies) here, but I will be ready to issues 24 hour bans to anyone who decides to make an ass of themselves at the expense of the general forum community. I'm saying this up front for a reason.

Glad ya did the change Daniel.

Back on topic. It won't matter what will people will say on the second amendments, the debate will always end with "We should ban guns" on one side and with "If the kids had guns, none of this would of happens" on the other.

Let's stop debating and pay respects to the victims instead. This isn't a time of revenge, it's a time of mourning. May i suggest that if you know anyone who feels agitated about this to sit down with him and talk. Don't accuse him and don't insult him, let's not make enemies here after a tragedy like this.

The shooting was terrible, like I said it makes me sick. But you have to wonder just how much will be enough untill people wake up. But whatever, it's useless to debate and I've learned that only gun nuts will change their point of view is if it was their children who died.

To be on topic and as a reply to people who think taking away guns will stop violence

In china a man attacked 22 children and a adult with a knife. Ownership of guns is not the real issue.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1220230

Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Benjamin Franklin

And you will find they will get neither liberty nor real safety.

My heart goes out to those who are on the receiving end of violence. Hopefully we can grow as a people to help each other.

I don't think it's wise to quote Benjamin Franklin on the second amendment seeing he died before that bill was even proposed.
And i don't think it's wise to start defending the 2nd amendments this early...

Actually, i won't even touch that, I'll wait a couple of days before i start a drama storm. I'm still in distraught here.

And after the GR Forum awards competition is over. Don't wanna ruin my chance for a nomination, i can make it big and go places here!

Like i said in the past, guns are effectively banned here in Aus.
We still have shootings all the time. This is because it would take me maybe 72 hours to find an illegal Glock 9mm or .40S&W.
Legally bought guns aren't the problem, because 99.99% of the people who get them legally aren't going to rampage.
Know what would've happened if you couldn't buy guns legally in the US?
Organized crime would go through the roof as they smuggle in thousands and thousands of illegal handguns, and the guy who did this shooting would have simply bought himself one of those.

Does australia have school shootings? No. But i put this down not the availability of certain weapons, but the Australian school system being a much better place than the US one and us having a much lower population of people who get prescribed hundreds of dollars worth of pills a month because the doctors get kick backs from the companies. How many of your teenagers are put on insanely strong, addictive pills that fuck with their minds? And you expect them to grow up to be reasonable, well adjusted people when they come off them?

Lien said:
I don't think it's wise to quote Benjamin Franklin on the second amendment seeing he died before that bill was even proposed.
And i don't think it's wise to start defending the 2nd amendments this early...

Actually, i won't even touch that, I'll wait a couple of days before i start a drama storm. I'm still in distraught here.

And after the GR Forum awards competition is over. Don't wanna ruin my chance for a nomination, i can make it big and go places here!
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the issue." - Benjamin Franklin.

Like I said in my original post my only point is taking away guns from people doesn't stop violence. My point wasn't to defend the second amendment so much as to point out that giving up one liberty wont bring the kind of security people think which would be to end violence. Now that I have made my point clearer.

The shooting up in michigan years back by a 11 and 12 year old was brought up on the news today saying "We don't understand how this could have happened" Actually we do. Those kids parents were pressured,by the school, to put the kids on ADD medication at a very young age and then when the kids went to the doctor complaining of depression, sadness, and anxiety they put them on Antidepressants. Antidepressants made by a pharmaceutical company that buried evidence that it causes hallucinations and violent outbursts. Stimulant ADD medication mixed with hallucinatory and outburst prone Antidepressants given to children at a very sensitive developmental stage in there life.

STOP GIVING CHILDREN PSYCHOACTIVE DRUGS!

My heart seriously goes out to those who were harmed and I will stop defending positions in this thread alone out of respect. Bless those who deserved nothing but care and affection in this world :cry:

I don't know which is worse.

The fact that 27 people--most of them small children--are dead because they went to school/work...

Or the fact that we all know exactly what is going to happen next:

1. The president gives a speech, everyone agrees that now is the time for mourning and not politicizing these tragic deaths.

2. Everyone immediate begins to politicize the deaths. For about three days we are subject to the same rhetoric we hear every time something like this happens:

blah blah blah blah blah blah Aurora blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah the Columbine killers got all their weapons legally blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah average police response time is six minutes blah blah blah blah blah blah blah if concealed carry was allowed tragedies like this wouldn't happen blah blah blah blah blah blah those who would trade liberty for security deserve neither blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Columbine blah blah blah blah blah blah blah this is a mental health issue, not a gun control issue blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah what could any civilian possible need an assault rifle fore? Hunting deer? blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah the NRA has a stranglehold on Congress blah blah blah blah blah blah blah as a European I don't understand why American are so hell bent on owning firearms blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah what about all the responsible gun owners who never shoot anyone blah blah blah blah blah blah they don't have guns in Japan and nobody gets shot over there blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Ft. Hood blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah we need all these guns to keep foreign powers and the government from taking away our liberties blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah if guns were illegal he would have just done the same thing with a knife or bomb blah blah blah blah blah blah if we ban guns then only criminals will have guns blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah people die all the time in car crashes so by that logic we should just ban car blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah s blah Hitler, Stalin, Mao, and Pol Pot all favored gun control blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah the framers of the Constitution could have never envisioned high capacity assault rifles blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Virginia Tech blah blah blah blah blah blah blah how many more times must this happen before Americans wise up and outlaw guns blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

3. Interest quickly wanes and the news cycle picks up on something else.

4. Absolutely no meaningful legislation regarding mental health, security, gun control--pick your poison--is passed. No minds are changed, no opinions are shifted.

5. In the end, all that happens is Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut becomes just another place, a place that is used in the same sentence as Columbine, Virginia Tech, Ft. Hood, Tucson, and Aurora--the next time something horrible happens.

Like I said, I don't know which is worse.

were the guns purchased legally?

anyway, most people that cry about gun control are fucking retards, end of story.

but more does need to be done in the US, that's for certain.

gun control will never stop things like this from happening, but it will cut back on spur of the moment rage killings.

there are other things that can be done to prevent these kinds of pre meditated murders though, and it needs to happen. this shit is getting old, ridiculous, and embarrassing for the USA.

Sourdeez said:
To be on topic and as a reply to people who think taking away guns will stop violence

In china a man attacked 22 children and a adult with a knife. Ownership of guns is not the real issue.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.1220230

Yeah and terrorists destroyed the WTC using box cutters. The point isn't that getting rid of guns will stop violence, the NRA throws that around to make people like Wes look crazy. The point is owning a gun should not be a RIGHT. Some people can drink alcohol, some people can't because they're alcoholics. Some people can own a gun, some people can't because they're serial killers. Making it their right to own a gun isn't helping.

Anyway, I read about this this morning and it's heartbreaking. I can't imagine how terrible this is for the victim's families or the psychological toll this will have on the children who survived.

24vp5k9.jpg

Nukes should be legal and available for purchase.
Nukes don't kill people, people kill people.
If I were to put a nuke right in front of you it wouldn't kill anyone.

It's the copy cat killers that scare me the most, because they see numbers not lives lost when this stuff happens. Then they get the labeled autistic or what have you, labeled a victim of circumstance. No.

You know, we need to define crazy. Crazy shouldn't involve planning. At all. You can't plan crazy in my opinion. If you're crazy, and with a plan, just how crazy are you?

Optimus-Crime said:
24vp5k9.jpg

Nukes should be legal and available for purchase.
Nukes don't kill people, people kill people.
If I were to put a nuke right in front of you it wouldn't kill anyone.

yea i heard there are lots of practical, reasonable uses for nuclear bombs. brilliant argument, as expected.

States that specifically ban fireworks sales have significantly lower firework related injuries or deaths per year.
That solution's not good enough for some, because they're worried about rights. The right to own guns. Oh, wow.

wait, what? we can't talk about this? Oh, wow.

Optimus-Crime said:
wait, what? we can't talk about this? Oh, wow.
I encourage you to talk about it but I also caution you and Rain to keep from destroying everyone else's discourse by making it about each other.

We were having an adult conversation, and your post wasn't warranted.

The situation is sad and numbing. They're too young, and we're right in the middle of the holiday season. And we're left thinking if not hoping--if not assured--that this will be the moment we abolish the 2nd amendment. Well, people like me anyway, and the only reason I'm against the 2nd amendment is because it's fucking stupid. There's no place for it in 2012...2013...so, we're just going to continue marching with the 2nd Amendment into the future? How much further, please? Because I want off.
This right. Let me tell you something about this right, something that's just glossed over but definitely bears repeating. It was written during the time of British invasion when we were rocking muskets and the average life expectancy was 35. The American Civil War, the bloodiest war on American soil, was still 70 full years away...two generations away by those standards, so literally a lifetime away (2!).

No one could envision our nation's wealth, health, prosperity. Even the advancements in weaponry and the ease of buying ammunition. The forefathers would shit themselves if they saw how far we've bastardized their right in the name of commerce. 3tru5u

And for all that prosperity, for all that advancement, 200 years later, how far have we come? Days like this remind us how far we haven't come, how much further we have to go. So feel free to chime in, world, but I feel it's my patriotic duty as an American to ask for the repeal of this 2nd Amendment right, because what right do we have to properly police the world when we can't even police ourselves? Enough is enough is enough. Is enough. Is enough. Right?
"No, Wrong! because you're Optimus-Crime, and I hate you!"...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod