What is the greatest horror game of all time?

Ashalar said:
The Marine campaign of Alien vs Predator 2 scared me a couple of times. Right at the beginning where you turn on the generator so the Dropship could land and you'll have to walk back through the maintenance tunnel... man! Suddenly a pipe bursts through the ceiling and it looks just like the top of an Alien head. I fired a clip at the thing before I realized my mistake.
FEAR, while others find it not a true horror game, had me jumping up from my seat. Damn that Alma! The way she appears just in the corner of your eyes is really masterfully done. The lift scene creeped me out the most. Light flickers on and off (making sure the player looks up), you look back and just for a second Alma pops up only to disappear again. Creepy s*** man.

And the ultimate horror-survival game:
Dead Rising.
Loved it, still have to play it through to the end though.

Holy shit, i remember that. The Marine was shit scary, you felt so vulnerable and it was so fkn dark. I need this game.

Longo_2_guns said:
Tykk said:
^I second that... It's like being scared by Ghouls & Ghosts :)
Or Dead Rising.

It's hard to be scared when you can kill everything with Hedgeclippers.

Technically it is a Surival Horror game. But the horror aspect really is downplayed when you smash a zombie with a Lego dummy head and take a picture of said zombie with the Lego head on.

^I don't think Dead Rising was really supposed to be a horror game, more like a comic take on the cheesy horror movies but with a fun gameplay.

Lokness, if i wasn't so lazy i would post a pic of my rig running AvP2 with the original gamebox sitting next to my monitor, just for bragging. :lol:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mncraftmod