E3 2012

How is it the worst E3 ever? I'm not saying it has been the best, but to call it the worst in memory seems harsh. At least there are SOME new IPs mixed in with the sequels.

It's down there but not the worst. Pretty sure the worst was when they split it off as E for Everyone and E3 Media and Business Summit.

Yes those were a dark time.

Honestly, I think any year with new hardware is an exciting, "up there" year. There is a ton of activity and business is booming right now. The third-party manufacturers are absolutely rolling in dow right now. It's the first-parties that are being forced to allocate budget on R&D and are subsequently underperforming.

used44 said:
madster111 said:
the new Forza

What? That looks dumb. 2 parts Midnight Club, 1 part Burnout Paradise, and zero parts Forza.
Yeah but i'm really hoping it'll be a mix of NFS and Forza in terms of racing, but more importantly providing it keeps FM4s physics engine and sounds in tact, i REALLY want to cruise around some streets in a V12 lambo with straight pipes.

Providing it has the correct physics and they don't screw anything else badly up, this is one of the few games coming out this year that i'm actually keen on.

I'd say that maybe it's just me, but the amount of people who loved TDU1 means i'm not the only person that wants a video game that gives you a car, some long public roads and then says 'go nuts'. It just appeals to me as much if not more than straight racing.

I wouldn't exactly call it the worst, but it was pretty bad. I mean, the last couple of years have been pretty bad too, which I think reflects a lot about the state of things. There's hardly anything, and what we do have they didn't show. Microsoft hasn't had a good conference since 2008, Sony had an alright start (come on, show some actual gameplay), a terrible middle and then a good finish, and Nintendo was just bland.

Worst ever? Maybe not. But this wasn't anything worth mentioning.

What i don't get is why Microsoft didn't put like a teaser for the new xbox out or something. They didn't have to announce it or even show it, just acknowledge it. This would have draw attention away from Nintendo and their new product towards microsoft, which could have only benefited from it. We all know the 720 or whatever they call it is coming out sometime next year, but so far only Nintendo have shown that they're actually doing something.

Which is pretty ironic considering fucking NINTENDO were the main innovators in this show. When's Mario 29 for the Wii U coming out?

I don't know what you guys are biatchin' about. I thought this was a godd enough E3. Lots of sequels...like there always are lately. But let's be honest, the next GR betting pool should be based on broken promises. E3 is about publicity and posturing for these companies. Sure the individuals on the floor are getting something more out of it, but as far as the companies go, it's about putting out some good press and getting people interested in your products, consumer and investor alike.

That being said, I have no idea why they appeal so much to the casual audience. It's not like they're the ones watching.

God I wanted more vita stuff. I wanted them to be like, "PSOne classics are available on PSN for Vita... STARTING RIGHT NOW! GO GO GO GO"

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle