E3 2012

I'll probably stream the video with Gametrailers. Like last year, I'll do that and hopefully liveblog.

Feel free to make a thread in the respective forums as well. Or just use this thread and designate a starter post. If you're hardcore, the thread with any GR links etc. would be appreciated.

E3 Conference Schedule

*All times are PST

Monday, June 4th

9:30 am Microsoft
1:00 pm EA
3:00 pm Ubisoft
6:00 pm Sony

Tuesday, June 5th

9:00 am Nintendo

That's because it was the only really good part. His rib on Microsoft's marketing campaign of "on your phone, on your tablet, in your freezer" was priceless.

So Sony was pretty amazing. Beyond: Two Souls from Quantic Dream looks like a more action based movie/game. (Wicked Liquid will pre-order it, guaranteed.) Last of Us from Naughty Dog looks like one of the more gritty, realistic gun play games in a long time. I can envision the Hard difficulty being extremely punishing.

The downside...Wonderbook. It's essentially EyePet with a book peripheral and your Move controller...oh, and JK ROWLING!!!

So far, for day 1, I'd say 2 D's and 2 B's, in that order.

Nintendo's got this if they don't do anything embarrassing. Which is likely, but bugs me because I'm so sick of Nintendo.

Bretimus_v2 said:
Last of Us from Naughty Dog looks like one of the more gritty, realistic gun play games in a long time. I can envision the Hard difficulty being extremely punishing.

I s*** my pants while watching that footage. To think Naughty Dog went from Crash Bandicoot to Last of Us. If I had a PS3 I would of pre-ordered it by now, I like how you have to be smart in combat and not waste bullets. The new God of War looked cool, same with Beyond

Anybody see the little bit of Star Wars 1313 that was just shown? Uh-May-Zing.

Halo 4 I actually liked even though I don't like how the series is continuing. The new gears I thought "it's not bad but.... expected a little more......." that being said I'm probably going to buy it (just cause I can). I strongly disliked the new fable or the fact that Microsoft still doesn't realize that making more non-kinect exclusives is more important than another kinect sports/dance game. I get it the family/causal market sells but can you please the hardcore gamers with more games besides Halo or Gears? I like the new Splinter Cell and I'm interested in how Watch Dogs may turn out. I think Crysis 3 might turn out to be a $60 Crysis 2 expansion pack, BF3 premium is a dumb, money sucking idea IMO (smart for EA I guess), MoH looks cool, AssCreed 3 looks good and same with Far Cry 3. Sony did a good show and Black Ops 2......... meh.... I liked what I saw for RE6 but I feel like anyone who hated RE5 won't like the new one. THe South Park game looks like a fun time. Dead Space 3, nice....

Okay I'm done, didn't get to see everything though and I know I'll miss a lot tomorrow

Bretimus_v2 said:
So Sony was pretty amazing. Beyond: Two Souls from Quantic Dream looks like a more action based movie/game. (Wicked Liquid will pre-order it, guaranteed.)

Yessssss, it looks like more of a sci-fi than a crime thriller (I'm a sucker for crime thrillers) but as long as the story is gripping and intense I'll be all over that. I also like Ellen Page when she's not playing Juno so it's cool to see her starring in it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle