What did you do on the weekend?

Last weekend was Thanksgiving.

Turkey, stuffing, parmesan and garlic mashed potatoes, green beans, carrots, yams, cranberry sauce, gravy and Red Lobster biscuits.

My girlfriend made two types of cupcakes for dessert: Strawberry Milkshake and Baileys chocolate.
IMG_1654.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

My family were impressed with her desserts and I've been sleepy and bloated all week.

This past weekend my wife, kids, and I went over to visit some friends and their not quite 1-year-old daughter and their new puppies. We got in some board gaming while preventing our kids from destroying everything and catching up as we haven't seen them in close to two months, I think.

Sunday we celebrated my older son's fifth birthday. I can't believe he's five already. We didn't do much, no big party or anything, but we skyped with my parents as he opened his gifts. He was very happy with the Pete the Cat books and shirts he received. Pete's his favorite thing in the world right now. My wife made him some gluten/dairy/egg/soy-free chocolate cake, as he is intolerant to all of those things and both kids seemed to really enjoy it.

Busy weekend, but a good one.

Those desserts look really nice, Wicked_Liquid. :)

Sounds like you had a busy weekend too, COMaestro, but happy birthday to your boy, that's really awesome. :)

I don't have kids, but it's crazy how fast they grow up. My girlfriend's sister has a five year old son. When my partner and I first started dating, the boy was only two. It's crazy how fast they grow, how much they talk etc.

I went on vacation to Kansas City with my wife and just did nothing. It was awesome. Your whole life as a kid you just want to have something going on. I always felt bored. And now as n adult I just wanted some free time with nothing to do. Went shopping with the wife. Looked the other way while she bought clothes from nice stores. Bought a couple furniture items. Gorged on KC BBQ at Jack Stacks. Guys. This BBQ was amazing. It was the rich and full of flavor. I will return...

My cat peed on my mattress and ruined it. I tried everything to get the stank out but it was a memory foam mattress and it just absorbed the odor like a sponge. I'm sleeping on the couch like a husband in the dog house. Fortunately my couch is suuuuuuper comfy (micro fibre ftw) but I need my bed back eventually.

Happy birthday, Links!

I had a busy weekend. This weekend we had an Olympic judo athlete come up to visit. He and another high level coach basically ran a two day training seminar, so we trained four hours on Saturday and four hours on Sunday.

I took it easy yesterday as for the past six weeks, I've been nursing a shoulder injury with physiotherapy and Saturday's training has made it very sore.

On Saturday night we went out for dinner with the guest coaches, and on Sunday afternoon, my partner and I just cooked our lunches for the week. She's now in on the weekly lunch bandwagon. Played some Tomb Raider on Sunday night too.

Happy birthday fellow 86er. I hit the big 3-0 back in January.

For me turning 30 was when I finally stopped giving a fuck about my age. In your late 20's you go through this odd stage of feeling too old, there's even a name for it: Quarter-life crisis. Although I'm sure that was just invented by Millenials because I doubt any of the previous generations ever said that..

But then you hit 30 and you're like why the fuck was I bitching about feeling so old? I was in my 20's god dammit, I was a spring chicken. So just enjoy being whatever age you are and worry about being old when you're back in diapers and eating mushy food.

....uh back on track. Last weekend I took my girlfriend to the townhouse complex I grew up in and we smoked a joint in the valley like I did when I was 17. I was worried I'd run into rowdy teenagers but the place beefed up the security and it was dead quiet. A security guard actually drove through on his little cart but didn't bug us since we weren't a gang of kids. So yeah being 30 actually pays off.

Happy Birthday Links! Welcome to the 30 club!! It's awesome, people start to think you're clever - HA! FOOLS!

This weekend I went to watch a spot of golf. Saw some names like Luke Donald, Sam Torrence....anyone a golf fan?...

Anyone?

OK! Then I got home and drank my bodyweight in booze. Now I have the flu and I'm pretty sure it's because I killed my immune system with alcohol!...Hate it when that happens!

WickedLiquid said:
For me turning 30 was when I finally stopped giving a fuck about my age. In your late 20's you go through this odd stage of feeling too old, there's even a name for it: Quarter-life crisis. Although I'm sure that was just invented by Millenials because I doubt any of the previous generations ever said that..

Haha, I'm twenty eight (going onto twenty nine) this December and I feel the exact same way. I feel "old" at the moment.

I feel this way because I see teenagers and people in their early twenties running around and I ask myself, "Was I like that at that age?" because of how different they seem to be.

I see photos on Facebook of local night clubs... and all the people in them look SO young! They look like they're twelve or something. Maybe they are? Fake I.Ds? :p

Happy belated birthday, Bret!

I was trying to live stream this weekend like any other weekend, but the Twitch ingest servers must be messing up over here on the easternside. I can and could stream 60FPS, but I was dropping frames like crazy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danywigle